Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Brandon Walker (Pick 50)

Remove this Banner Ad

Schultz had nothing to do with money, despite how much that one podcast got shared.

Acres had been a flakey player for his entire career, bar one season. That's not the sort of player you give guaranteed money to. We offered him more money than Carlton, it was just dependant on him hitting certain targets. He chose less money that was guaranteed.
Agree to slightly disagree on both counts. Re Freo not prioritising Acres and Schultz I wasn't referring solely to money aspect. Several seasons back I thought club should've taken Shoota off rookie list & tho' he later downplayed significance he did admit that affected him.

Re Acres, while he was a frustrating player for us initially his stats (tackles, defensive efforts, goals, pace) steadily improved & he was definitely B22 for last 2 seasons. He also had a fair bit of synergy with the group. It's history now but losing those mature contributors is a setback. I'm backing us to overcome same, it just takes valuable extra time and I don't want us to lose other mature players unnecessarily.

I really like Walker, but I reckon he has a fair bit of work to do in order to become a premier small defender. He lacks a bit of mongrel in my view and seems to lose his player at times. Look at any of his games v Rankine for instance. Guy regularly bathes Walks in his natural juices.

I really like Walker, but I reckon he has a fair bit of work to do in order to become a premier small defender. He lacks a bit of mongrel in my view and seems to lose his player at times. Look at any of his games v Rankine for instance. Guy regularly bathes Walks in his natural juices.
Wouldn’t be alone there against Rankine

50 games? I thought he had played maybe 20..

Well good to know, already a solid performer but might be ready to become the best small defender in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a lot of supporters like him but I just don’t see what he brings to the table?
He will forever be stuck in the “could have potential” bracket but IMO he’s a liability. Looks lost, his opponent usually gets the better of him. Crap disposal whenever it’s not a 15m chip to the side.
What are his alleged strengths ?
Why is he signed for so long ?

Looks lost, his opponent usually gets the better of him.
Have to disagree with this, beating his opponent is exactly what he brings to the table

closing speed and getting that fist in is great, being able to outmuscle the speedy forwards

He isn't always reliable with ball in hand but he certainly has a role and will play alot of game for us

It's a *en hard role to play against each teams best small forward and its unrewarding for the bloke who has to play that role, just ask Clark how much he values the Don in the team

I know a lot of supporters like him but I just don’t see what he brings to the table?
He will forever be stuck in the “could have potential” bracket but IMO he’s a liability. Looks lost, his opponent usually gets the better of him. Crap disposal whenever it’s not a 15m chip to the side.
He is polarising because he does awesome things and also makes the occasional poor error. He did this again last night.
What are his strengths? Not sure why you need that explained, it's pretty fricken obvious.

He is polarising because he does awesome things and also makes the occasional poor error. He did this again last night.
What are his strengths? Not sure why you need that explained, it's pretty fricken obvious.
I think he could become like Saad.
Let’s not forget that he was at the bombers, shown heaps at the Blues.
We need to just let him play the lockdown on small forwards.
But you need someone to watch his man to let him off the leash.
I think Chapman can play both defensive and offensive games.
Get Walker running into space with Clarke, that is the running power right
There.

Chapman will build from last night. Backline is a strong part of our game. Was noticeable last night when the Bulldogs were starting to attack. Sam Darcy was too tall for our blokes

He's super versatile. Great speed and, in my opinion, good skills.

Not only does he provide rebound if needed, but he's by far our best small lockdown defender and has scope to be the best in the comp at the role. I was at the game last night and watched him in one particular play against Weightman where Weightman made a lead to the ball and Walker torched him even though he started 2-3 metres behind him.

I think his problem at the moment is that he thinks faster than his body reacts sometimes and that's why he suffers from the occasional brainfade. It should be something that he can eliminate from his game as he gets older and more experienced. He's a lock in our back 6 if he's fit.

Hmmmmm

You are a tripper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back