Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know why just 1 year? Why not lock him in for a lil longer

Might have our eyes elsewhere

Kate Mckinnon Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

Anyone know why just 1 year? Why not lock him in for a lil longer
He wasn’t out of contract so you can view this extension like a 2 year deal, which is pretty common for someone at this stage of his career.

This basically says to me that both club and player are happy with how things are tracking. Expect a longer term deal on better money when he starts having games like he did against the Dogs most weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you really want another half bank flanker who can't defend? I rated him highly never serves a need for us.
I thought we should nab NSM at the time. He gets plenty of ball, is a smooth mover and an elite distributor = Birchall type who breaks lines - you can't have too many. Having said that, Croc is a gem and was not even on my short list.

Maybe if he stopped moonlighting as a nurse he would have some energy to lay a tackle.

Croc's a great talent, but effort costs nothing and he's proven he can run when he wants to. He just has to start from a more defensive position around contests for a while to learn how to balance his game around both sides of the footy before he moves further up the field.
Against the dogs i noticed he got caught out a couple of times by starting defensive side and his defender tracking back quicker and filling space, which hurt our attack. He still has work to do to find the balance but at least he started from the defensive side. Must have been reading your post 🤪

This was just about the peak of The Simpsons. The world was a better place when The Simpsons (for the right reasons) ruled the zeitgeist of the entire world. As for the Rat MacDonald, I wish he would get rid of it.

C-Mac has all the potential in the world to be a superstar. His class, ability to win the ball, make good use of it, and go forward and kick goals is what has always held him up as the skills that superstar players hold. If he can temper his arrogance a bit (I can't say he's arrogant, having never met him, but he seems like it) and channel it to be his best, he can be among the very best.

This was just about the peak of The Simpsons. The world was a better place when The Simpsons (for the right reasons) ruled the zeitgeist of the entire world. As for the Rat MacDonald, I wish he would get rid of it.

C-Mac has all the potential in the world to be a superstar. His class, ability to win the ball, make good use of it, and go forward and kick goals is what has always held him up as the skills that superstar players hold. If he can temper his arrogance a bit (I can't say he's arrogant, having never met him, but he seems like it) and channel it to be his best, he can be among the very best.
new Futurama is pretty good tbh

Futurama is timeless imo.
Told a student to watch Jurassic Bark as part of a support program for grief/loss.
Absolutely helped them and they're now a Futurama fan for life.
That and Luck of the Fryrish gets you right in the feels!

Futurama is timeless imo.
Told a student to watch Jurassic Bark as part of a support program for grief/loss.
Absolutely helped them and they're now a Futurama fan for life.

Please, please don’t mention that episode - it’s so bloody heartbreaking.

Wasn't a brilliant day for him, but his defensive effort yesterday was extraordinary. He looked hungry for tackles in a way I've never seen from him, and I hope this is a sign of things to come.
A couple of sub par efforts in the second and third but mostly getting better.

It's going to take time and he's tracking well

Seems to keep finding himself in positions late in games to take what end up being match deciding shots on goal.

At this stage I'm happy to focus on the fact that he's getting these shots at pivotal moments, but he really needs to start nailing them. Most have been dead in front too.

Shaun Burgoyne used to have a habit of finding the ball in his hands in these situations. It was his ability to be clutch and nail those goals that really elevated him.

Is hard to see on tv but not convinced on his positioning. Feels like he sets up overly aggressively. When it comes off he looks like a hero but giving up easy ball to opposition.

The defensive stuff has to be non-negotiable. Poppy was the standard - went hard and chased every contest - even if small chance to impact. Combined with Rioli meant defenders were never comfortable as felt poppy/Rioli were always coming for you.

A few patches from CMac isn’t enough - 8 tackles is a start but had to be every contest, every match, if you’re on a hff these days.

Wasn’t CMac but there was that bit of play where Chol chased hard and implied pressure forced the turnover and he got the mark. In the background you can see ginnivan give up really early. Reckon still too many guys pick and choose when to chase.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back