Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Pick 51, 2022: Bailey MacDonald - a Hawk until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

I think his potential is sky-high, and I think he can play in our next premiership. He's got all the straight-line speed and acceleration of a Bugatti Chiron, but with the lateral speed and acceleration of a Porsche 911 GT3 RS. I think his overall skills need some polishing and refinement, but I believe he has the footballing IQ and temperament to make it at this level. Good luck to him, and I hope he leaves those bogan, convict Port Adelaide fans speechless with his abilities.

How quick and what kind of quickness are we talking about for Bailey?

Is it a high top line speed like say a Issac Smith or fast acceleration like say Cyril?

Also does he have good lateral movement as that is as important as your speed in footy.

How quick and what kind of quickness are we talking about for Bailey?

Is it a high top line speed like say a Issac Smith or fast acceleration like say Cyril?

Also does he have good lateral movement as that is as important as your speed in footy.
Good balance of burst and length of stride. Think CJ. He's a very effective runner, he uses his speed to move the footy not just run around an empty paddock.

I think his potential is sky-high, and I think he can play in our next premiership. He's got all the straight-line speed and acceleration of a Bugatti Chiron, but with the lateral speed and acceleration of a Porsche 911 GT3 RS. I think his overall skills need some polishing and refinement, but I believe he has the footballing IQ and temperament to make it at this level. Good luck to him, and I hope he leaves those bogan, convict Port Adelaide fans speechless with his abilities.
Stuff footy... If he has these attributes, he should get into car racing!!!

Stoked for BMAC!
He has been solid consistently all year for Box Hill. No stand out games but no poor ones either.
I didn’t expect much this year seeing he was so raw in his draft year.
You can see he is improving every week.
So great he gets chance and is a very exciting long term prospect!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing that he's getting a debut so early into his career.

I think it suggests that Mitchell would really like a speed daemon in the backline.

Also we traded back in (or up?) in the draft to grab him, so it's also some early vindication for making the move.
I think it was also a high ceiling style move given his limited exposure. The debut and his recent VFL form suggest that he had plenty of improvement left when given the opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back