Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Pick 7, Cam MacKenzie, extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol is that the expression? I've heard people say that, but I thought it was 'early days'...

It is the correct expression – probably becoming more obscure at a guess. But means 'at the start or beginning'. It's also a term with a meaning relating specifically to sport.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 11.23.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 11.23.40 PM.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Better than Ashcroft and Sheezel?
Well he was better than both of them at the Dragons in 2022.
Sure, they both excelled last year, but there are many many threads littered on this site which has early crows about one player being better than the other, and usually these early-crow threads are 3-5 years into a career (not simply considering two players first years).
I always felt that Mackenzie had the right blend to excel as a 2nd touch outside midfielder. He's very quick, evasive and at U18 level he demonstrated elite disposal by foot. It's understandable that this may take some time to get back to the same quality at AFL level. But if you teamed him with an elite inside bull I predict he'll develop into an exceptional asset.

Last edited:

Looks better as a midfield receiver in space than first dibs ball winner.

Seems flat footed at times blokes seem to be able to get away from him and he doesn’t have the jets to make up the ground.

It's a perfectly cromulent expression like 'The early door gets the worm'.

"The early door embiggens the smallest forward"

Haven't heard it used to reference birds before, but OK - I guess replacing 'door' with 'bird' kinda works.
Can we kill two birds with one door?

It's a perfectly cromulent expression like 'The early door gets the worm'.
I like using the word "cromulent" when there isn't an adequate or acceptable word to use in its stead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The old saying is the early bird catches the worm. Doors dont exist in the wild
Ah, you're from that school of door thought...

"If an early door closed in the forest & nobody was there to hear it, would it still make a sound?"

"If an early door closed in the forest & nobody was there to hear it, would it still make a sound?"
No, sound is a phenomenon unique to biota. Compressional waves travel through the air all the time, it's when they vibrate a tympanic membrane (or similar) that causes nerves to tell the brain that the membrane is vibrating and translates it into sound.

Surprised Nbc GIF by New Amsterdam

No, sound is a phenomenon unique to biota. Compressional waves travel through the air all the time, it's when they vibrate a tympanic membrane (or similar) that causes nerves to tell the brain that the membrane is vibrating and translates it into sound.
Happy Yes Please GIF by CBS

Well, you know what they say.

When one bird closes another bird opens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back