Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

the point is, Ginny could have turned up to day 1 of our preseason if he wanted to, and out of all the players who didn't across all clubs, he's the only one singled out by Cornes. As I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell asked Cornes to send a message.
Wrong.

Kane doubled down and said "five extra weeks? what, you mean where three of them where he played 13% and 25% game time" or some bullshit like that. So he's obviously not arguing in good faith.

But pretending the only rigours of playing AFL football come during the actual game is insane and deliberately misleading. I would say much of the intensity actually comes from the mental prep of getting up for a game and the 3x training, especially when intensity ramps up in finals. The actual game is only one aspect of putting the body through the strains of being a professional athlete and actually only comprises about 10-20% of the work they truly do.

Fair enough, just surprised that it was Ginny Cornes went after out of anyone.

It doesn't help when the commentariat parrot inflammatory talking points from journos when the talking points are based on knowing none of the facts.

There were multiple comments on Ginnivan's Instagram post yesterday about his dog saying 'why aren't you at training' because Cornes opens his gob and people follow along like rats with the pied piper and think they are oh so clever and start berating a kid online when he was just sharing a ****ing photo of his dog. Players have enough scrutiny - maybe people should educate themselves before gobbing off online or into a microphone.

the point is, Ginny could have turned up to day 1 of our preseason if he wanted to, and out of all the players who didn't across all clubs, he's the only one singled out by Cornes. As I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell asked Cornes to send a message.
I would.

You think Mitchell asked Cornes to have a crack at Ginnivan???

* it as much as Kane pisses me off you can't deny he's good at his job (As long as no expert analysis is required of course). s**t's going off on BF, Twitter, Facebook and even Fox have managed to make like eight articles about the one headline. Very prolific work Kane

Problem is there's someone at the end of it all. Talking heads want to talk about player welfare and mental health but then turn around and set the social media warriors onto Ginnivan who has done nothing but follow his ****ing coach's orders and take mandated leave as per the AFLPA. I know we all want players to be hardened up high earners because some feel they are on a better wicket than most of us so should be immune to the very constant public scrutiny - but there are multiple young players in other codes who have taken their own lives due to mental health concerns so maybe these talking heads, as effective as they are, can maybe take a quick step back and think about the consequences of the mob mentality they unleash are.

Problem is there's someone at the end of it all. Talking heads want to talk about player welfare and mental health but then turn around and set the social media warriors onto Ginnivan who has done nothing but follow his ******* coach's orders and take mandated leave as per the AFLPA. I know we all want players to be hardened up high earners because some feel they are on a better wicket than most of us so should be immune to the very constant public scrutiny - but there are multiple young players in other codes who have taken their own lives due to mental health concerns so maybe these talking heads, as effective as they are, can maybe take a quick step back and think about the consequences of the mob mentality they unleash are.
yeah i think it's rubbish and there should be better protection from the media for players but while there isn't ppl like Kane and Dameo will continue targeting ppl and continue successfully rousing engagement and staying employed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane doubled down and said "five extra weeks? what, you mean where three of them where he played 13% and 25% game time" or some bullshit like that. So he's obviously not arguing in good faith.

But pretending the only rigours of playing AFL football come during the actual game is insane and deliberately misleading. I would say much of the intensity actually comes from the mental prep of getting up for a game and the 3x training, especially when intensity ramps up in finals. The actual game is only one aspect of putting the body through the strains of being a professional athlete and actually only comprises about 10-20% of the work they truly do.
For sure. And then all of the post game stuff, recovery, game review, etc.

Pretty funny that Korn has criticized this kid for not going above and beyond and it’s now making him look the fool because he didn’t do the bare minimum of his own profession and get informed before mouthing off publicly.

Got his clicks so I doubt he’ll care.

Get out of here Kane

I really hope the mass magnification on Ginnivan from the media doesn't hinder his career in any shape or form.
Ginni seems to respond well, lets his footy do the talking!

The guy turned up early for the recent media article released by the club and has been training away from the club.

Would have it been nice he turned up day one? Absolutely! Is it the end of the world? No!

As long as the kid behaves, leads via training his ticking the right boxes!

Go Ginni2024

The thing is it was even reported by Josh Gabelich on Monday that Jack was given an extra week.

“Chol and Gunston are scheduled to start on November 27 when the rest of the main group returns, while Ginnivan has been granted an extra week off after playing in Collingwood's Grand Final win over Brisbane.”

I have to wonder how many of the 'it would have been good if he turned up early!' crowd would say no to their boss if they told them to have a bonus week of paid leave off.
The better comparison is how many of those people would come back a week early from their holidays noting that the business wouldn't give them the days back.

I have to wonder how many of the 'it would have been good if he turned up early!' crowd would say no to their boss if they told them to have a bonus week of paid leave off.

Well depends if you got to play for the club that your aways dream of playing for most of us would rock up in the first week early and be sitting in our car waiting for everyone else to rock up.

Well depends if you got to play for the club that your aways dream of playing for most of us would rock up in the first week early and be sitting in our car waiting for everyone else to rock up.

Mate if I got a job at the employer of my dreams I would be rocking up on the day my future boss told me to and that's that. Footy player is a vocation just like whatever your job is - no matter what your boyhood fantasy was.

sending a message via kane korn 🤣🤣

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back