Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

When he’s ready, they’ll probably rest Calsher to get him back in. But damn, he’ll have to play well to keep his spot!

This pressure for spots is a wonderful thing.

Unless of course, we figure out a way to play all three.

Can Lewis and Dear both play in the same side?
I'm not sure who else would go out to make way for Mitch.

Absolutely.

Imagine Chol or Dear getting to play on the 3rd tall.

Dear and Chol are both good when the ball hit the deck when it comes to pressure.

I don't think we can play Dear, Lewis, Chol and Gunston though. It's either Lewis or Gunston for mine.

Chol and Dear bring defensive pressure. Lewis and Gunners not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have him returning through Box Hill with increasing minutes. Hate for him to come back straight to the seniors and not provide much or break down. The side is travelling well without him.

I'm sure Sammy and the boys will know what's best and will put him through his paces before he pushes for selection.

In Sammy i trust.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

But Gunners is kicking goals.
I don't think it's that simple.
You're not wrong, but at the end of this year when Gunners retires, it'll be Calsh who ends up with the number 19 and in the forwardline with the two big fellas around him.

It’s such a great quandary for the coaches and selectors to have. You can’t play Mitch, Chol, Calsh and Gunners in the one side, especially with the Uber-dangerous forward mosquito fleet that we have (and that’s ANOTHER story, where does the Chad slot back in?).

You think Gunners comes out, but how the hell do you drop him when he’s probably in the best form he’s been in for 2-3 years??

Good problems….

It’s such a great quandary for the coaches and selectors to have. You can’t play Mitch, Chol, Calsh and Gunners in the one side, especially with the Uber-dangerous forward mosquito fleet that we have (and that’s ANOTHER story, where does the Chad slot back in?).

You think Gunners comes out, but how the hell do you drop him when he’s probably in the best form he’s been in for 2-3 years??

Good problems….
Don’t see Chad returning anytime soon. The Wiz is definitely next in line!!

Ability wise he would be straight in at AFL level.

With his body though I think a run at VFL level would be best. Give him a game to get a feel for his body and make sure he’s fully fit to play his best when he comes back.

The difference between his best and worst is pretty big. While our forward line is functioning well it will give Lewis a dominant game under his belt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back