Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Esava Ratugolea, Finally

Remove this Banner Ad

"I tried to come last year and I was disappointed but... as the year went on it made me realise how much I needed to go"

• his perspective on the 2 year wait to come to Port Adelaide
  • found out after his 5am run in Paris that he's officially a Port Player
  • 5 year contract
  • ready to be the main man in defence

Haha, first thought was, triple premiership player has to be Cam Mooney. Next thought is, but he only won two at Geelong. Couple of minutes pass - oh yeah he got his 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 effort for North's 1999 flag.

I'm more reserved than the media the last few days, he's a work in progress as a backman & the Aliir comparisons leave me a tad confused. Aliir had star quality that Sydney failed to harness, I think we are a few pegs back from that sort of player with Esava.

Said it during the offseason and I'll say it again. Soldo, Sweet, BZT are just gap fillers who are marginal improvements on the spuds we had in their roles last year, but Ratugolea is the one recruit we brought in who has the talent to actually move the needle. He just needs to harness it. Hopefully the confidence that we've shown in him is enough to allow him to do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more reserved than the media the last few days, he's a work in progress as a backman & the Aliir comparisons leave me a tad confused. Aliir had star quality that Sydney failed to harness, I think we are a few pegs back from that sort of player with Esava.

I don't think we need him to be a star, he just needs to be able to play a role, which I reckon he is capable of doing.

I'm tipping Esava to be the most divisive player on this forum this year, he'll have some unbelievable defensive moments as well as some head-scratchers. I'm an eternal optimist so it'll only take one or two big clunks for me to hitch my wagon to the big fella, but I'm still not sure who is going to be doing the dirty work while Esava, Alliir, and Bergman take intercept marks.

I'm not sure Melbourne win the flag in '21 if they have 2 Jake Levers instead of Lever and May.

You talking about the instragram post in the article? It's got multiple pictures and includes a Ratugolea video.

Alright Instagram then. Thing is, if you're just skimming through a written article and you see a picture of Aliir, your first thought isn't to go look for a link to find a video you don't know is there, it's How could they make a mistake like that? Embed a video of the player if that's what you want to do. And the link takes you to the same picture, other club related content (not all specific to Esava) is below, so there's another search and click.

1706149088243.png

Last edited:
Alright Instagram then. Thing is, if you're just skimming through a written article and you see a picture of Aliir, your first thought isn't to go look for a link to find a video you don't know is there, it's How could they make a mistake like that? Embed a video of the player if that's what you want to do. And the link takes you to the same picture, other club related content (not all specific to Esava) is below, so there's another search and click.

View attachment 1892212

Nah boss. There are two esava pics before the Insta post.. I reckon chalk this one up to user error

Nah boss. There are two esava pics before the Insta post.. I reckon chalk this one up to user error

Don't know how it can be user error when I just clicked on the Insta in the story and was taken to the same picture of Aliir.

Still stands though, that in a story about Esava, use a picture of Esava. it just looks bad.

Don't know how it can be user error when I just clicked on the Insta in the story and was taken to the same picture of Aliir.

Still stands though, that in a story about Esava, use a picture of Esava. it just looks bad.

I'm with you Ford.

"Follow the link and click five times to see a photo of Esava" is a weird thing to embed in a story that is written by the club, and hosted on the club's on website, that links to the club's own social media channel. It's entirely controllable.

I'm with you Ford.

"Follow the link and click five times to see a photo of Esava" is a weird thing to embed in a story that is written by the club, and hosted on the club's on website, that links to the club's own social media channel. It's entirely controllable.
Should've just embedded the Esava video in the story instead of that. I didn't even notice that the embedded Instagram post had multiple images until it was mentioned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back