Toast Welcome to the Kennel Sam Lloyd - 2019 Leading Goal Kicker

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Riewoldt aside, was easily Richmonds most natural footballer. Was a lock in the team too until we went with that high pressure game. He’s actually a much better player now too because he went and made himself a good pressure player too in an attempt to lock down a spot. Should have been in our best 22 in the finals I thought.
Absolute bargain pick up.

cos he looks like a stoner
Definitely. I think the proof is in the post goal celebration:

sam-lloyd_14d5ja3kb6u9d1knwf3jurg2q8.jpg

Internal monologue *hell ye... ah damn, is that person wearing a john deere hat? uhhhhh, where the hell am I again?*

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-16_12-42-44.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-16_12-42-44.jpeg
    6.8 KB · Views: 115

I appreciate all the kind words from our Tiger friends , but seriously it sounds like they are describing a star. From what I have seen he is long way off that.
And how long have Richmond been a great side again ?
He seems to have been a bloke that has struggled to cement a spot in all his time there.

I appreciate all the kind words from our Tiger friends , but seriously it sounds like they are describing a star. From what I have seen he is long way off that.
He seems to have been a bloke that has struggled to cement a spot in all his time there.
Nobody saying he’s a star. Simple fact is he was really unfortunate to lose his spot due to circumstances. He’s a ten times better footballer than quite a few who played in the premiership but far inferior players adopted a style that became successful and he missed the boat.
As far as being a “footballer” goes he was in Richmond’s top 5 comfortably. Most of us are just rapt that he’s gone to another club where fingers crossed he locks a spot down because he’s a hell of a fun player to watch and I’ll be watching for sure.

In the last 2 seasons our game plan found its groove based on speed and pressure in the front half. Guys like Castagna due to his pace and tackling pressure got games ahead of him which was arguable for many but whilst we were consistently winning I guess the coaches were right . If any of us had anything to do with it he would have played finals , his last game v ess late in HA was a beauty

In the last 2 seasons our game plan found its groove based on speed and pressure in the front half. Guys like Castagna due to his pace and tackling pressure got games ahead of him which was arguable for many but whilst we were consistently winning I guess the coaches were right . If any of us had anything to do with it he would have played finals , his last game v ess late in HA was a beauty

Thanks to all you guys , you all seen a lot more of him than me , so I look forward to him being a solid citizen for us now. :thumbsu:

I reckon Sam Lloyd will be the Billy Gowers of 2019! Pretty happy with this. I believe he will play about 18 games. Dickson will be lucky to stay on the park. With Gowers/Picken/Lloyd/Dickson 2-3 will play most weeks, not all 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll have games where he'll kick 4, other games he'll run thru the midfield and pick up 20, versatile player and has strings to his bow that go under the radar of opposition. Gonna miss Lloydy.

Someone on here has said he has never kicked more than 3 in any game ?
Where's your 4 coming from ?
Don't mind all the positivity, but from all I have seen he looks only a solid pick up at best.

Someone on here has said he has never kicked more than 3 in any game ?
Where's your 4 coming from ?
Don't mind all the positivity, but from all I have seen he looks only a solid pick up at best.
His last 2 seasons have been wing/hff, thats why his goals dopped off from his previous seasons when he was regularly kicking 3

He's helping out with sick children at a local orphanage
What a GODDAMN SAINT!

Honestly though, that is really good to hear. Love to have selfless people in the side. Lin Jong doing similar stuff in East Timor right now.

Nobody saying he’s a star. Simple fact is he was really unfortunate to lose his spot due to circumstances. He’s a ten times better footballer than quite a few who played in the premiership but far inferior players adopted a style that became successful and he missed the boat.
As far as being a “footballer” goes he was in Richmond’s top 5 comfortably. Most of us are just rapt that he’s gone to another club where fingers crossed he locks a spot down because he’s a hell of a fun player to watch and I’ll be watching for sure.
If he was in Richmond's top 5 players as a "footballer, " you would be disappointed he left and not be rapt he went to another club. My brother is a mad Richmond supporter and he doesn't think Lloyd is up to it. Good luck to him on getting another chance, he needs now to show his worth with consistent performances.

If we continue to play the style of footy we did in the last month of the year (hitting up leading targets inside 50 rather than blazing away) I think he'll be good for 30 goals. Smart forward who will take his chances. Probably wont do much if we revert to bombing the ball to 3 on 1s every time we go inside 50 though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back