Welcome Welcome to tigerland - Seth Campbell Rookie pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Delist if he can't kick another 10 goals.

edit: I just watched those 10 again. While it's not a great competition, I'm not sure we have many, if any, other legit small forwards with that skill. Probably only Shai Bolton.

Sorry for the intrusion. Big Seth Campbell fan here. First time I heard his name was during that ten goal classic.

But what’s even better about him is he showed a lot of professionalism early in his career, playing senior footy in Launceston despite hailing from Burnie. He wanted it and worked for it to get drafted. No easy road. His AFL career has probably broken the very rough and disadvantaged cycle he grew up in, too.

Hope it goes well for him, get around #44.

We need to be patient here I feel. The club is obviously seeing something really good in him, but in the matches he is struggling to win contests against mature AFL opponents. That will only get easier for him over the coming years.

Fingers crossed he has a sound debut. Anything more than that would be a big bonus. Fantastic effort to be selected.

Sorry for the intrusion. Big Seth Campbell fan here. First time I heard his name was during that ten goal classic.

But what’s even better about him is he showed a lot of professionalism early in his career, playing senior footy in Launceston despite hailing from Burnie. He wanted it and worked for it to get drafted. No easy road. His AFL career has probably broken the very rough and disadvantaged cycle he grew up in, too.

Hope it goes well for him, get around #44.
Can you expand on that?

Delist if he can't kick another 10 goals.

edit: I just watched those 10 again. While it's not a great competition, I'm not sure we have many, if any, other legit small forwards with that skill. Probably only Shai Bolton.
We have had a few high draft picks come through the TSL recently and none of them have had the game Seth had that day! That was amazing to watch :)

Can you expand on that?
I went to one of the forums the Tasmanian AFL team held, spoke with an AFL Tasmania employee and he said that. They spoke about how sport can be a vehicle for change but didn’t go much further, they just used Seth as an example. Went through the Tasmanian public system. I can say that is a far, far cry from APS schools.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he chose to pursue an apprenticeship/work instead of school because the amount of travel would have been a barrier.

We need to be patient here I feel. The club is obviously seeing something really good in him, but in the matches he is struggling to win contests against mature AFL opponents. That will only get easier for him over the coming years.

Fingers crossed he has a sound debut. Anything more than that would be a big bonus. Fantastic effort to be selected.

Excellent post. I see good things in this kid, just needs a few pre-seasons.

PS - Just gotta love Lambo...what an amazing person to have at our club!

I went to one of the forums the Tasmanian AFL team held, spoke with an AFL Tasmania employee and he said that. They spoke about how sport can be a vehicle for change but didn’t go much further, they just used Seth as an example. Went through the Tasmanian public system. I can say that is a far, far cry from APS schools.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he chose to pursue an apprenticeship/work instead of school because the amount of travel would have been a barrier.
Fantastic to hear about a hard working kid making his dreams come true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldnt really say he is just a small foward but that is the position he played as a junior
Has a big tank and good speed and very good goal sense

Hopefully ends up playing a similar role to Zac butters in 2 years time
Jeeze don’t put pressure on the kid or nothing?

I haven’t seen enough of Seth but surely he ain’t as quick and nimble as Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back