Welcome Welcome to tigerland - Seth Campbell Rookie pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Played a lot of footy with Seth, have commented here before and always keeping up to date. He is an exceptional athlete, his pace is top class with good explosiveness and silk, but also runs all day as with his top 3 time trial placement. Also good leap and has always played in multiple positions. You’d want him forward of centre because he’s damaging however, and not sure on his defensive application. Although his forward pressure is good, it’s different to playing in defense.

Last edited:
Seth Campbell training the house down like patty contin did
Isn’t he affectionately referred to as “The Cont”? Been a while since his mention? Maybe Monique has taken the mantle?? 😉

Clearly a talent. Will need to keep building his body strength to impact constantly at afl level but has tricks and also applies nice defensive pressure when he can.

The word is “speed” with this kid. He moves very well and gets to quality forward areas.

Exciting considering a rookie selection. Shrewd pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd only play two? I reckon we'll see 3–4 of them depending on if we go two or three talls.
Legit small forwards, yeah. I have all of Balta, Kosi, Cumberland, Bolton and Graham playing opening round. It's a shame Sonsie isn't available to play HFF. I assume Dow plays too which probably means we have a midfielder resting forward all game.

That leaves one spot up for grabs.

Legit small forwards, yeah. I have all of Balta, Kosi, Cumberland, Bolton and Graham playing opening round. It's a shame Sonsie isn't available to play HFF. I assume Dow plays too which probably means we have a midfielder resting forward all game.

Ah right Cumberland must be where we differ. I've got him behind Campbell and Green based on not playing the first 4 periods in match sim.

Bolton for one. Not sure about the other to be honest.

Will be an interesting watch, the match sim against Melbourne we had Balta, Kosi, Bolton, Green, Campbell & Sonsie in the 1st quarter.
Then 2nd quarter Pickett went to HF for Sonsie while Banks and McIntosh were on the wing. MRioli came on for Campbell or Green. Then i noticed Jack Graham swapped with Pickett at HF while Pickett went to the wing replacing Banks.

All that happened mind you while Lynch, Baker, Taranto, Prestia and Dusty weren't playing.

Ross, Banks, Pickett & McIntosh seemed to rotate during the match on a wing. With those other 5 to come back. Not sure id like Graham and Pickett to play forward more, think we already tried this under Dimma, however will we drop those guys for the 5 not playing? More chance we drop Green, Campbell, Sonsie & Rioli which is more of the same old of past seasons.

Collingwood scratch match cant come quick enough.

Cumberland😂😂

Cumberland😂😂
I See You Finger GIF by Yellowstone

Cumberland should play back. I.e back in the stand. Does not yet deserve a senior gig. Campbell and Green are showing more at this stage. Back to the twos for Cumberland unless he shows more consistency.

The forward 7 in rd 1 will include the 2nd ruck.

So the certs would basically be:

3 talls including Balta, Koschitzke also possibly Lefau would make sense, then eventually Lynch when he is good to go.

4 ground players of which surely Baker and Graham and Bolton are 3 of those.

That 4th smaller guy looks really up for grabs.

Ruled out: Sonsie, Mansell, Clarke?

The field might be: Green, Campbell, Cumberland, M Rioli, Coulthard?

So for now my best guess might be:

Forward 7:
Balta(2nd ruck) Koschitzke Lefau

Baker Graham Bolton Green

Mid 4:
Hopper Taranto Martin Prestia/Dow

Wing 3:
Pickett Ross McIntosh

Back 7:
Young Gibcus Miller/Grimes/Brown

Broad Vlastuin D Rioli Short

Rucks:

Nankervis/Balta

23rd: Absolutely anyone's guess.

The forward 7 in rd 1 will include the 2nd ruck.

So the certs would basically be:

3 talls including Balta, Koschitzke also possibly Lefau would make sense, then eventually Lynch when he is good to go.

4 ground players of which surely Baker and Graham and Bolton are 3 of those.

That 4th smaller guy looks really up for grabs.

Ruled out: Sonsie, Mansell, Clarke?

The field might be: Green, Campbell, Cumberland, M Rioli, Coulthard?

So for now my best guess might be:

Forward 7:
Balta(2nd ruck) Koschitzke Lefau

Baker Graham Bolton Green

Mid 4:
Hopper Taranto Martin Prestia/Dow

Wing 3:
Pickett Ross McIntosh

Back 7:
Young Gibcus Miller/Grimes/Brown

Broad Vlastuin D Rioli Short

Rucks:

Nankervis/Balta

23rd: Absolutely anyone's guess.
Yeah, would be happy with this team and think it'll look something like this. Maybe Dow will be sub to allow prestia as the 4th mid. Banks could maybe play over McIntosh too. Will be interesting if we go with Lefau and Green in the forward line. Based on the last match you'd say at least on comes in for Mansell, but I guess we will see. One game isn't a lot to go off of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back