List Mgmt. Welcome Tyler Brockman (Traded for Picks 44 and 63 in 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

This seems like a situation that requires a bit more compassion than sanction.

There was probably levels of fear and shame about the situation, and that's before you consider the factors of being new to the club and cultural factors.

The most important thing is that nobody was hurt. I hope the club supports Tyler's well-being and helps him through this, and then learn from it also.

I think the statement probably suggests it will be a bit of both.

Young man attends grandfather's funeral. Driving home by himself in the early hours of the morning, so does that mean 1:00/2:00am?? Possibly.

Emotional, tired, alone, country road at night. Anyone in that situation would have an elevated chance of an accident.

From a Hawks fan he has two young kids so is under a fair bit of pressure so this passing wouldn't have helped his mindset.

On the footy front, he hasn't had a clear run at it with injuries etc. We were sad to lose him as he has real potential. Hope he gets through this quickly and gets back on even ground so he can show his best.

This seems like a situation that requires a bit more compassion than sanction.

There was probably levels of fear and shame about the situation, and that's before you consider his being new to the club and cultural factors.

The most important thing is that nobody was hurt. I hope the club supports Tyler's well-being and helps him through this, and then learn from it also.

Sounds like we leave it to Bateman and give him the support he needs.

Nothing rash. No immediate punishment needed. Take a Bex and have a lie down

Concur with both of these posts

There’s a reason why clubs have indigenous welfare officers

And there was a reason why Simpson warned that clubs might be more conservative at the draft due to a reduced football depart cap. A warning that was mocked rather than heeded and is now proving to be somewhat prophetic given the decline of indigenous players in recent years

Indigenous players have unique circumstances that can require more than the usual amount of care

I’m sure the club will support him

Stories like this piss me off.

Hopefully he wasn't doing the wrong thing, but if true, he will need to earn the trust back from the club otherwise he is throwing his chance away and will in and out of the industry pretty quickly.

Guess is a watch this space deal now...

If he was just tired and lapsed while driving from an emotional week then I'm glad he's ok and gets the support he needs.

IF it was a DUI, uppercut yourself and I hope he gets a fair smack because I don't care who you are or what your background is, never an excuse to get behind the wheel pissed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a Hawks fan he has two young kids so is under a fair bit of pressure so this passing wouldn't have helped his mindset.

On the footy front, he hasn't had a clear run at it with injuries etc. We were sad to lose him as he has real potential. Hope he gets through this quickly and gets back on even ground so he can show his best.
Good onya. compassion rules, players are under incredible pressure on top of all the things life throws at everyone.

Freo was after Brockman offering both the Hawks and his family more. Yet Brocky stayed true to the eagles. Hawks wanted to keep him!

In my opinion the key to unlocking his potential is ensuring Brockys family is in a good place.

From memory nothing in the way of bad behaviour at the hawks.

I still think the eagles have a good one in Brockman.

Condolences to the Brockman family.

Stories like this piss me off.

Hopefully he wasn't doing the wrong thing, but if true, he will need to earn the trust back from the club otherwise he is throwing his chance away and will in and out of the industry pretty quickly.

Guess is a watch this space deal now...

What do you mean “if true”?

Nothing has been confirmed other than the fact he’s had a singular car accident on the way back from a family funeral.

There are many reasons to explain how it may have transpired. Jumping to conclusions and speculating really doesn’t help anyone.

And there was a reason why Simpson warned that clubs might be more conservative at the draft due to a reduced football depart cap. A warning that was mocked rather than heeded and is now proving to be somewhat prophetic given the decline of indigenous players in recent years

Forgot about that, now I'm getting all pissed off again at the shit Simmo copped.

I wish people would just stop making speculations and give the bloke some privacy.
I'm sure if it was serious enough, more information will be revealed later.

Last edited:
I have strong views on this, I may offend some but I wait until I know what happened and the contextual circumstances.

Let me guess:

racist wonder showzen GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back