List Mgmt. Welcome Tyler Brockman (Traded for Picks 44 and 63 in 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it racist though to say there are different and more complex issues when it comes to Indigenous families?

Not worse or more difficult, just that with the nature of the bonds of extended family members that typical white Australian/Anglo-Saxon practices and beliefs shouldn't be applied to Tyler Brockman and other Indigenous players.

And no matter your views, you'd have to be an utter campaigner to not wish him well or extend some compassion or sympathy towards someone grieving the loss of a close relative.

We can discuss whether he was DUI or worth the draft picks separately and at a more appropriate time.

When someone says they have strong views likely to offend, I tend to assume the worst.

"I'm not racist, but..."

Yeah, you are.

Anyway back on topic as others have said unless more news is released it really is pointless to speculate.

When someone says they have strong views likely to offend, I tend to assume the worst.
Yeah, generally those statements don't precede a balanced perspective on how the long term mistreatment and attempted erasure of a culture and it's beliefs can effect the modern generations societal or economic issues compared to other groups.

My cousins had a minor, single car traffic accident on the way to our Grandmother's funeral.

Sober as judges but it's an emotional time and concentration/decision making can be negatively impacted.

The truth will come out in the wash and that will determine how things play out, as it should.

I have strong views on this, I may offend some but I wait until I know what happened and the contextual circumstances.
‘Strong views on this’? What is ‘this’? So you haven’t waited until you learn the ‘contextual circumstances’ but instead formed ‘strong views’ on what is an undefined situation. Sounds like jumping to conclusions - whatever they are. .

I have strong views on this, I may offend some but I wait until I know what happened and the contextual circumstances.
Why post this at all then, other than to indulge an inflated ego?

The nature of your "strong views" "wink-wink" on this incident (which you admittedly don't know the details or context of) are a surprise to no-one, so it's not as though it was informing anyone.

Maybe keep your dog-whistles to yourself until you know what happened and the contextual circumstances.

My old man literally hit a roo yesterday returning to Gero from Perth.
Yeah but was he IN Gero?

After living there for 18 years to living in ACT for five, I would have seen more roos in the Canberra city centre than I've ever seen around Gero proper

Defs get them on the Brand Hwy between Gero and Perth tho

Why post this at all then, other than to indulge an inflated ego?

The nature of your "strong views" "wink-wink" on this incident (which you admittedly don't know the details or context of) are a surprise to no-one, so it's not as though it was informing anyone.

Maybe keep your dog-whistles to yourself until you know what happened and the contextual circumstances.
Nothing inflated about not having a clue what happened. I think you are an example of the alternative.

My strong view is that I wait until I have facts before establishing an opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah but was he IN Gero?

After living there for 18 years to living in ACT for five, I would have seen more roos in the Canberra city centre than I've ever seen around Gero proper

Defs get them on the Brand Hwy between Gero and Perth tho

Took the coastal route, happened before he was on Brand

My cousins had a minor, single car traffic accident on the way to our Grandmother's funeral.

Sober as judges but it's an emotional time and concentration/decision making can be negatively impacted.

The truth will come out in the wash and that will determine how things play out, as it should.

Trigger warning for anyone struggling with mental health etc - there is help available never be afraid to reach out!

Male driving a car after a funeral and having an accident can roughly be categorised into 3 areas, DUI, accident (fatigue or wildlife, mechanical failure etc) or sadly a decision to leave the roadway at speed.

Not suggesting I have any visibility in this case (nor expecting any) but I’d suggest those jumping to conclusions and calling him out may be better served waiting for facts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nothing inflated about not having a clue what happened. I think you are an example of the alternative.

My strong view is that I wait until I have facts before establishing an opinion.
BS.

You literally said you had a "strong view that might offend" despite "not knowing the details or surrounding context", not that you strongly believe you need to wait for the facts before forming a view.

Against all good sense and affording you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you meant the latter, but did not arrive at the right expression? If so, you might want to choose your words more carefully in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have hit a roo that lead to a crash so who knows at this stage.
I suspect the club knows. If it was a genuine accident caused by a roo or fatigue, they surely would have said something to shut down speculation immediately. If it was drink driving, while I can understand being emotional after a funeral, there's nothing 'complex' about it. Don't ****ing do it. They can support him while still making it abundantly clear it's not on and putting a punishment in place.

Trigger warning for anyone struggling with mental health etc - there is help available never be afraid to reach out!

Male driving a car after a funeral and having an accident can roughly be categorised into 3 areas, DUI, accident (fatigue or wildlife, mechanical failure etc) or sadly a decision to leave the roadway at speed.

Not suggesting I have any visibility in this case (nor expecting any) but I’d suggest those jumping to conclusions and calling him out may be better served waiting for facts.

There is a fourth - the Willie variety.

There are other possibilities but I don’t see it as helpful to be speculating. Surely we can all just wait?

I suspect the club knows. If it was a genuine accident caused by a roo or fatigue, they surely would have said something to shut down speculation immediately. If it was drink driving, while I can understand being emotional after a funeral, there's nothing 'complex' about it. Don't ******* do it. They can support him while still making it abundantly clear it's not on and putting a punishment in place.
Ginbey asked about Brockman today and said he was at club “training on his own”. Make of that what you will.

Crashed into a power pole at 1am, flattening it and drove off.

Not sure if he self reported to police or not.

Ginbey asked about Brockman today and said he was at club “training on his own”. Make of that what you will.
Not sure he said 'training on his own'. Happy to be corrected but this is a sensitive matter so it pays to get it 100% correct. Otherwise others jump to conclusions the club is 'punishing' him.

The Worst

Knocked over a power pole and drove off as you said

Hasn’t yet spoken to the police

It’s a bad look but I have no idea what the legal penalties might be. Suspect a fine and loss of demerit points, maybe a loss of license for leaving the scene?

Whilst the club will quite rightly support him they’d need to impose some sort of sanctions

Knocked over a power pole and drove off as you said

Hasn’t yet spoken to the police

It’s a bad look but I have no idea what the legal penalties might be. Suspect a fine and loss of demerit points, maybe a loss of license for leaving the scene?

Whilst the club will quite rightly support him they’d need to impose some sort of sanctions

I found this, it’s not entirely clear, but it would
Suggest that Brockman should have reported
It due to damage of more than $3000, so he should end up getting a fine.

Dare I say he will miss this week and maybe next week, and the club will say that it imposed a 2 game ban already served or something along those lines.

Having read the link and the very specific information the club provided in its statement, it sounds as though the club already knew the details, had obtained legal advice and made sure to stress that no one was injured and there was no other vehicle involved. Smart by the club.

This is a real test for the Eagles. He's left the scene of the accident and is yet to speak to police, so it's no longer possible to test his blood alcohol content. But Brockman knows if he was drinking and so should the club if he has been honest with them. If he was, he should be forced to do some education or community work with road safety and alcohol groups. Otherwise the lesson here is he can get away with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back