Game Day Werewolves of Adelaide or the Trigger Mix. Blue Moon

Remove this Banner Ad

30 and 10 tackles for Brouch

That's good. However we still need a Burst out of centre mid like Dangerfield.
I liked Petracca last night. We need one of them.

We hit the turbo boost button for 5mins in the last and was good enough to hold on, 4 pts away.
our skills are horrendous at times, our method poses more questions than answers.
we hold our breath for another week!

Much better balanced team allowed us to cover the big MCG better & run out the game when it mattered, even with Harto down.

We looked far better up forward with Gov & Knight, as both apply pressure & kick goals... & will be better for the run.

Today we just had to get the 4 points.
Our forwardline was so much more better balanced today, Gov is so critical.

GWS lost to these guys. It was ugly but at least we showed some grit.

Anyone expecting a free wheeling uncontested win had not seen much of Carlton this past month, or don't watch the best analytical Football Show, League Teams.. They are great at stopping that type of play.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah no need to make any changes. A wins a win, am I doing this right?

We couldn't beat a 17th ranked side at home last week, a side with hasbeens and kids, but yeah lets talk about beating a top ranked side when we came out this week and did nothing different to last week. As everyone knows, when you're doing something that doesn't work, you just keep doing it and then eventually it will work.
So, to summarise, you're not happy
a) we won
b) we ground out a game
Please quote where I said no need to make changes.
Be happy we won FFS, move onto next week, hope we make a few changes at selection and learn some of the lessons from today re putting greenwood on mids as a tagger, tackling pressure and moving the ball quickly

So, to summarise, you're not happy
a) we won
b) we ground out a game
Please quote where I said no need to make changes.
Be happy we won FFS, move onto next week, hope we make a few changes at selection and learn some of the lessons from today re putting greenwood on mids as a tagger, tackling pressure and moving the ball quickly

It is implied in your 'be happy we won, worry about it tomorrow' attitude. I don't hope we make changes, because we won't, because we haven't previously multiple times and past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior and there have been no other indicators that we are changing our thinking as a club.

I'm not happy we won, and I don't have to be. I am relieved we won, but nowhere near happy because the display today and the lack of action from our club up until this point does not bode well for future performances. I am relieved we won because the more games we win the further we can go in the season so we can maybe ground out something half way respectable from another wasted year.

Edit: Our players ground out a win, great, but our coaches were as inept as usual.

It is implied in your 'be happy we won, worry about it tomorrow' attitude. I don't hope we make changes, because we won't, because we haven't previously multiple times and past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior and there have been no other indicators that we are changing our thinking as a club.

I'm not happy we won, and I don't have to be. I am relieved we won, but nowhere near happy because the display today and the lack of action from our club up until this point does not bode well for future performances. I am relieved we won because the more games we win the further we can go in the season so we can maybe ground out something half way respectable from another wasted year.

Edit: Our players ground out a win, great, but our coaches were as inept as usual.
Despite the changes I listed in the post you replied to?
Well I am happy we won, because losing sucks, and I choose to believe that anything can happen on a given day (which this season is proving), and winning more games puts us in a position where the rewards of 'anything' are better. Refer also bulldogs last year. they ground out small wins vs s**t teams too.
Why not look forward and hope for something better?
But hey if you want to be miserable that's your problem

Despite the changes I listed in the post you replied to?
Well I am happy we won, because losing sucks, and I choose to believe that anything can happen on a given day (which this season is proving), and winning more games puts us in a position where the rewards of 'anything' are better. Refer also bulldogs last year. they ground out small wins vs s**t teams too.
Why not look forward and hope for something better?
But hey if you want to be miserable that's your problem

Make the 8 and anything can happen hey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno what he was like as a basketballer but at this early stage, it looks like a great move by him.
He was on the verge of selection in the squad for the Australian olympic team. So he can't have been too bad. In the interview today it was only missing out on the squad that finally made him take up Adelaide's offer to try football.

frogmore is pretty good. you're one lucky lady. except its freezing cold today! why'd you come down this week????

also, our team sucks, but I've been expecting you to come in and say how we all need to back them in ;) :p

I'm here on a singing retreat. We had an incredible lunch (the food and bubbles exquisite!) and performed. Spent two nights out at Ratho Farm at Bothwell. Had a little bit of sleet. Listened to the last ten minutes on my phone. Was very excited to see us grind out the win after being headed by Carlton. It is definitely colder than the last two years we've been down.

Today was just another example of the swings and roundabouts in footy. The Crows got the win and the 4 points are all that matter really. No one will be talking about this game in September/October, or next year. Agree with other posters, it won't always go the way you want but a win is a win. Strike it off as a functional result and consignee the game into the category of frustrating theatre. You'd rather the 4 points and a bit of frustration than the loss and talking up how competitive you were (Carlton's lot today).

Adelaide are a legit contender in 2017 no doubt.

I'm here on a singing retreat. We had an incredible lunch (the food and bubbles exquisite!) and performed. Spent two nights out at Ratho Farm at Bothwell. Had a little bit of sleet. Listened to the last ten minutes on my phone. Was very excited to see us grind out the win after being headed by Carlton. It is definitely colder than the last two years we've been down.

bothwell? gosh. out the middle of nowhere!
there is a distillery out there though ;)

definitely good to see us grind out a win. :)

enjoy the rest of your stay!

Haven't watched the game but two things in stats stand out.

There were 8 Carlton players with more marks than any Adelaide players. Our highest being Brown with 6.

Jenkins seemed to have a good game with 3 goals and a staggering 13 tackles, our highest tackler.

There were 8 Carlton players with more marks than any Adelaide players. Our highest being Brown with 6.

Jenkins seemed to have a good game with 3 goals and a staggering 13 tackles, our highest tackler.
Most intense I've seen JJ play. Is leading the attack currently.

bothwell? gosh. out the middle of nowhere!
there is a distillery out there though ;)

definitely good to see us grind out a win. :)

enjoy the rest of your stay!
Ratho is stunning! Hospitality outstanding! We workshopped for two days. Now in Hobart performing in various places.

Carlton chipped the ball around a lot in their backlines in the first half

Remove this Banner Ad

Back