Game Day Werewolves of Adelaide or the Trigger Mix. Blue Moon

Remove this Banner Ad

Much better balanced team allowed us to cover the big MCG better & run out the game when it mattered, even with Harto down.

We looked far better up forward with Gov & Knight, as both apply pressure & kick goals... & will be better for the run.

Today we just had to get the 4 points.

B Crouch close to BOG and some here said he was s**t? Wowee.
His disposal is ordinary but fact is, without him we wouldn't have won. 30 touches and 10 tackles is a good game no matter how you spin it. He wanted the ball.

Unfortunately he has no one around him so he has to do it all himself which is where he comes undone a bit.

His disposal is ordinary but fact is, without him we wouldn't have won. 30 touches and 10 tackles is a good game no matter how you spin it. He wanted the ball.

Unfortunately he has no one around him so he has to do it all himself which is where he comes undone a bit.
His brother was OK

Happy to collect the 4 pts away at the MCG

Today's game has followed the trend of many Carlton games where the Blues have not just been competitive all year but have also beaten sides like GWS by playing a dour defensive style

It iis pleasing that we were able to win ugly, able to win when Carlton hit the front in he last term and was able to win a game when we were not able to blow a side out of the water

All in all not our best performance however a valuable performance

Can't say M Crouch wasn't right there with him..14 contested possessions

Can you remember all of the people complaining about 12 goals wins earlier?

Is the point that they were right, and the lackluster performances where we showed no killer instinct foreshadowed our massive downturn in form?

I just don't get this board. If we flog Carlton today under no pressure everyone is still questioning our ability to grind out a win under pressure! I'm glad Carlton brought their A game today, it made our team finally earn a win even if not playing on our terms. Thought our tackling pressure was brilliant all day.
For perspective, we did what GWS couldn't.

They beat GWS three weeks ago. Ladder positions are misleading.

Oh yeah you're right, the team that was 5-8, and lost to Richmond by 30 odd points heading into this game is a top notch side.

The reality is that they aren't, they are a side with some good mids and a couple of decent rebounding defenders, but the rest are kids and GWS cast offs. Carlton might be something in a couple of seasons but they aren't this year, and for our side, a side aiming for a flag this year, to come over and limp to a win is pretty pathetic. While GWS lost to them the other week, GWS aren't on a downward spiral of form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't get this board. If we flog Carlton today under no pressure everyone is still questioning our ability to grind out a win under pressure! I'm glad Carlton brought their A game today, it made our team finally earn a win even if not playing on our terms. Thought our tackling pressure was brilliant all day.
Much better to grind out a tough win then to ski to a 10 goal win again. We looked gone after Thomas put them in front halfway through the last but, credit to us, we stood up and found a way to win. Still a lot to work on but we did what we couldn't last week.

And that's the problem with this board at the moment, everything is negative.

That was a win that we were looking for.
I understand the frustration, and share it, but important to remember it's a long season and we won't have it all our own way.

Our inability to find another way when the opposition negates our run is concerning, but today was a step in the right direction. Easier for me to say that after we got the win of course!

Well Carlton beat the top side as well, so let's be happy we did it today, then worry about beating a top ranked side when we are playing one

Yeah no need to make any changes. A wins a win, am I doing this right?

We couldn't beat a 17th ranked side at home last week, a side with hasbeens and kids, but yeah lets talk about beating a top ranked side when we came out this week and did nothing different to last week. As everyone knows, when you're doing something that doesn't work, you just keep doing it and then eventually it will work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back