Oct 1, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Reading FC
According to Luke Holmesby on twitter

AFL_LHolmesby Luke Holmesby
Scott West leaving the Demons, along with Mark Williams.

Interesting. I wonder whether it was of their own volition or if they were pushed by Neeld. Additionally, who will replace them?

Both would have been told they are no longer required. You would expect Josh Mahoney and Brian Royal to come under serious consideration as well, and if so, it will probably be announced this week.

What about Brady Rawlings as a midfield/backline coach.

Brother is a coach. He was a solid player in those positions who extracted everything out of his potential. Those type of players typically are good coaches as they have studied and tried everything possible to compete at a high level. That normally translates well into coaching.

If there is a God fatty Royal will be next...

I think Royal still has a few years left on a contract so he may be sticking around. Neeld may put him somewhere else in the department though if he sees the need.

West and Williams are no big losses and allows Neeld to bring in assistants that he feels we need. He has already mentioned that there are people out there who want to come to the club so I'm sure there will be more announcements on that soon. I'd speculate about it but apparently we aren't allowed to that on this board anymore...

I would suggest that there will be an announcement in the next two days about a new assistant coach (or two). I think they would want the positives to keep coming .. hopefully there will be a big name .. like Craig etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams has been around for 8+ years - he has nothing more to offer.

Ive heard that West never brought anything exceptional to the table.

Can imagine Royal getting another year (unfortunately) as he's only been there 12 months and has a contract tail remaining.

Mahoney is getting the flick as well :thumbsu::thumbsu:

No he's not. In fact it kind of sounds like he's getting promoted if you read today's age article (on phone cbf linking). He's being moved out of assistant coaches role and into a football manager role. If we don't get Neil Craig he will take some aspects of that role too whatever that means...

No he's not. In fact it kind of sounds like he's getting promoted if you read today's age article (on phone cbf linking). He's being moved out of assistant coaches role and into a football manager role. If we don't get Neil Craig he will take some aspects of that role too whatever that means...

the way I sort of read the article he will be more in a managers role nd seems like he won't really be an assistant coach any more.. or did I read that wrong?

oops i meant Connolly, not mahoney.

and i was close, but not quite the flick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back