• West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

• Draw

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite Coach Scott's attempts to put down his team's performance against Essendon, anyone else who watched the match would know that Geelong played very well all night. They are probably better prepared to beat West Coast now than they were before losing to the Dons.

Geelong already have the runs on the board and are now looking towards finals.
It's all about list management for Geelong at the moment and for that reason I could see the Eagles getting up. This is aside from the obvious that the Eagles are in red hot form and are playing a great brand of Footy.

Having said that I don't think Geelong have dropped too many on the trot over the past couple of seasons. Should be a great game.

Yep, the only way we can win is if Geelong have put the cue in the rack until finals:rolleyes:

Yes, the Dockers record of one win in their last ten games against Geelong is certainly impressive, with five of those being at Subiaco and Geelong winning four of them (the only loss being 7 points).

The Eagles supporters confidence prior to this game is astounding. You're not playing a Port Adelaide or Brisbane here.

Seem's a bit 50/50 to me. Geelong will have to be at there 2011 best to come to Perth and outplay us. On the other hand we will have to play as good if not better like we did against Carlton to win this.

Hopefully Geelong. That loss to Collingwood has West Coast precariously close to our spot in the top 4.

I think Hawks have a bit of a slide to happen. Injuries have crippled your mob in 2011. Where does your nickname originate from?

Yep, the only way we can win is if Geelong have put the cue in the rack until finals:rolleyes:

Seem's a bit 50/50 to me. Geelong will have to be at there 2011 best to come to Perth and outplay us. On the other hand we will have to play as good if not better like we did against Carlton to win this.

I think Hawks have a bit of a slide to happen. Injuries have crippled your mob in 2011. Where does your nickname originate from?

How you came to that conclussion having read my post amazes me.

Did you even read it?

Geelong.
They will be out to win after the performance they put up against Essendon.

Despite Coach Scott's attempts to put down his team's performance against Essendon, anyone else who watched the match would know that Geelong played very well all night. They are probably better prepared to beat West Coast now than they were before losing to the Dons.

I thought they played well in the final quarter, the last 5 minutes of the third and the opening 10 minutes of the game but the rest of the game their inside 50's and forward line were terrible. Seemed to lack any structure or organisation up forward and look decidedly average.

When they were desperate and direct in the final quarter they looked much better but by that stage they were 'rolling the dice' a fair bit.

Corey and Varcoe coming in will help the midfield, maybe releases Chapman up forward to help kick goals but their rucks and CHF are their weakness against the Eagles.

Geelong. Comfortably.

This is a side who has won two flags in the past four years and won over 80% of their games against a side (who admittedly despite improving) are still the reigning wooden spooners and despite a renaissance of sorts so far this season have lost their last six games (three of them being at Subiaco) against Geelong by an average of 61 points. Who could forget the infamous 'sandwich massacre' a couple of years back? Apart from the Carlton game (who were ripe for the picking & a loss) have failed all their other big tests this year.

The Cats would have to love this week. Already I'm hearing about how vulnerable they are and how the slide has apparently begun... LOL. They've lost one game in 14 weeks. This is a proud and accomplished group of players and they'll make it seven in a row against the Eagles to just reaffirm their flag credentials and remind everyone who are the contenders from the pretenders.

I'm glad you got a red card, this post is full of incredible amounts of stupid.

Lol what?

Have you ever seen Geelong play before or was it your first time?

Yeah, nah, they were poor for 75% of the match at least.

No intensity, didn't want to run.

I understand how people believe Geelong will just flick the switch but it usually doesn't work like that, especially against another top team. So what if Geelong is pissed off that they didn't beat Essendon, that doesn't mean that they will suddenly play good again.

Geelong.
They will be out to win after the performance they put up against Essendon.

Of course they will be out to win? So going by that, Geelong would be out to lose if they won last week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand how people believe Geelong will just flick the switch but it usually doesn't work like that, especially against another top team. So what if Geelong is pissed off that they didn't beat Essendon, that doesn't mean that they will suddenly play good again.

Geelong CAN flick the switch though.

Have you seen us play much?

Should be a lot of contested ball. Real hard stuff. I expect Geelong to give it's best and win in the final minutes.

Looking forward to Friday night already.

The Coasters for me. Geelong will be exposed for who they really are when they don't play at home. Geelongs run of luck will start to run out. I wouldn't be surprised if Geelong end up at number 3 on the ladder by seasons end.

Geelong by 3-4 goals in a game that will be tense for the first 3.5 quarters, WCE won't be able to break them at the end.

For WCE to win, they'd need to get the early jump as usual.

Of course they will be out to win? So going by that, Geelong would be out to lose if they won last week?

They will have more incentive to win and in a way, make amends, because of the half-hearted performance they put against Essendon last-week which led to the result of the match, not so much the result itself.

Geelong to win. Impressed by their new players. Their speed and skill is impressive. Subiaco suits geelong as they have played well here recently. Eagles also have 2 big outs Lynch and Butler and their depth is not as good as Geelong. Eagles best chance is a dominant ruck display from Cox and Nic Nat. Geelong's second ruckman Vardy looks like he can be exploited in the ruck as displayed by Ryder last week.

Back