Autopsy West Coast v North: Umpiring megathread "how the west was won"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This AFL conspiracy you suspect must have taken a Herculean amount of planning. Congrats to Gill, Mark Evans and Mike Fitzpatrick. After issuing a strict directive to the six field umpires to ensure the Dockers and poor old Roos are not able to win they have clearly spread the web further. From what I saw Ben Brown, Jarrod Waite and Drew Petrie had clearly been gotten at. Their ( now ) clear instructions were obviously to drop as many easy marks as possible and failing that deliberately miss set shots from inside 50. They played their parts to perfection ensuring that North could be kept at arms link. Well doe boys. Well done too young Sheridan and not so young Mzungu who were obviously under AFL instruction to assist With the Hawthorn conspiracy by spilling marks in the back line and handing Cryil a couple of vital goals. The missed set shots of Mayne and Griffen now appear fairly suspicious also, especially given your conspiracy theory and the fact the AFL simply could not have the Dockers ( or poor old Roos ) playing in the GF under any circumstances. As Chris Scott likes to say, "Mission accomplished"

Yours may well be the greatest Post ever lodged on this forum. Your allegations are so deliciously nutty they need analysis from someone with a PHD in cuckoo land. Well done.
Quality response. Did LOL!

But if it was a conspiracy to sell flights, why not also favour the other WA team the night before as well? Makes no sense to favour the Victorian side in that one as they could have really cleaned up with both sets of fans flying over.
I'm not saying it was a conspiracy to sell flights. I just thought it was really stupid move by the broadcasters and the AFL.

Hardly. Make that case if you can.

My argument isn't that no one should ever exaggerate.

You criticise those that do it, then do it on purpose to make a point.

Didn't hear too many cries of conspiracy from Roos supporters when they got the better of the umpiring against the Tigers.
A huge dummy spit over 2 free kicks. Lucky the Eagles didn't get the other 4 or 5 that were there in our forward 50.
The Roos would probably get more frees if they didn't flop on the ground every time they get tackled. Umpires stop giving you the benefit of the doubt after a while doing that.

It would be a good start if they stopped giving Shuey the benefit of the doubt. Every week this bloke dives or pretends he is having his head taken off usually 20 - 30 metres out directly in front of goals.

I stayed away from bigfooty for a couple of days to calm down but my point of view has not changed since Saturday and is shared by most neutrals I talked to, even some serious North haters:

While the conclusion of an AFL conspiracy might be going a little too far, the examples mentioned have been seen by most people watching the game.

Those events had an impact on the game, they diminished the chances for North to win.

West Coast might have won a fair game, but hey, we will never find out.

Never blamed West Coast for it, but defending the umpiring or pretending it was shitty both ways is ludicrous.

West Coast won, but in the eyes of a lot of people it's a tainted win.
So you're not swayed by the minority of WC fans who have gone further, and whinged that in fact they were short-changed by the umps?

(You have to assume that if they were taking notes throughout the match, they would only be satisfied if the final free kick count was WCE 215, NM 7).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back