AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtics , England FC
156713_8aede499d10d14601e9732531059d52c.jpg

v
bulldog_puppies_picture.jpg

History

What can I say about these special moments with the Bullies? They are just so nice to us! There’s a few moments that will give them nightmares.

1997 Preliminary Final

The soul crushing moment when Tony Liberatore’s kick was a point which would of sealed the game , then minutes later Darren “ The Magician” Jarman slotted the goal to get the Crows infront.

The Western Bulldogs did have another opportunity to take the lead again in the dying minutes. However the decision not to shepherd his teammate 2 meters away from goal was proven costly.

085792-tony-liberatore.jpg

1016118.jpg

843338-962692b4-56c3-11e5-9dfd-163464d95bd4.jpg

1998 Preliminary Final

I can’t really be bothered describing this day for the bulldogs in words :p

CRASH.png

2015 Elimination Final

Not going to lie, I actually thought we were in trouble when the Bulldogs kicked the early goals. However the players stepped up and that play to put us infront from the Captain running on the wing and that kick to Charlie Cameron was mint!

Last 5 Games:

EF Final : Western Bulldogs 102 vs Adelaide 109
R4 2015: Western Bulldogs 125 v Adelaide 68
R6 2014: Western Bulldogs 83 v Adelaide 92
R21 2013: Western Bulldogs 131 v Adelaide 114
R4 2013: Adelaide 80 v Western Bullogs 28

Teams

TBA

Key Matchups

Brodie Smith vs Lachie Hunter

Another player who has immensely improved is Lachie Hunter. Last season you'd think he was a depth player , now he's slowly becoming an A grader in the Doggies midfield. He's ranked #1 in uncontested disposals , #2 in total disposals and #1 effective disposals.

Brodie Smith is lethal with the ball and his and carry is vital for setting up our attack. Brodie is #9 in total rebound 50's, #8 in total bounces and averages 23 disposals per game.

Dale Morris vs Eddie Betts

Betts is one of the best small forwards in the game. Eddie just doesn't hurt on the scoreboard , he dishes out assists and gives out defensive pressure. Eddie so far in 2016 averages 3.3 goals and 3.8 tackles a game. Dale Morris is very underrated among the AFL community , he does his job week in week out . He will have to be on his game on Saturday otherwise he's going to be in for a long night.

Kyle Hartigan vs Jake Stringer

It's amazing what 12 months can make for players. Hartigan wasn't confident and made some dreadful mistakes , now he's looking very solid down back whilst making a vital partnership with Talia. In terms with Stringer even though he's been underwhelming so far this season. He's absolute quality and he can hurt you in a space of minutes. I'm hoping that Hartigan doesn't give him any light of day , if we successfully do this it'll go along way.

Stats via footywire

Verdict.

Adelaide by 9

Reckon that Eddie has to get Morris to as many stoppages as he can. Is just such a smart defender and reads the ball so well in the air. Is the rock they build their defence around. Eddie outsmarts a lot of defenders but I think needs to take Morris out of his comfort zone. From memory Eddie only got one goal (when on Morris) in the EF and that was from a boundary throw in in the forward pocket.

Also need to make Easton Wood accountable. That's one thing we are starting to do better with more genuine, dangerous forwards up there who need to be manned up. Absolutely MUST not resort to bombing though which we did at times last week. Use our forward line options, make the Bulldogs defend.

Stringer v Hartigan

Saw a piece where Hartigan talks about this and how he felt he struggled. Sounded like he wanted another chance. And surprising for me I also think Hartigan deserves another shot. Not all game if he is getting toweled , but at least let him try for redemption.

I also cant believe I am liking Hartigan but I get less and less worried about him making mistakes ( well bad ones)

View attachment 242939

v
View attachment 242940

History

What can I say about these special moments with the Bullies? They are just so nice to us! There’s a few moments that will give them nightmares.

1997 Preliminary Final

The soul crushing moment when Tony Liberatore’s kick was a point which would of sealed the game , then minutes later Darren “ The Magician” Jarman slotted the goal to get the Crows infront.

The Western Bulldogs did have another opportunity to take the lead again in the dying minutes. However the decision not to shepherd his teammate 2 meters away from goal was proven costly.

View attachment 242918

View attachment 242919

View attachment 242921

1998 Preliminary Final

I can’t really be bothered describing this day for the bulldogs in words :p

View attachment 242908

2015 Elimination Final

Not going to lie, I actually thought we were in trouble when the Bulldogs kicked the early goals. However the players stepped up and that play to put us infront from the Captain running on the wing and that kick to Charlie Cameron was mint!

Last 5 Games:

EF Final : Western Bulldogs 102 vs Adelaide 109
R4 2015: Western Bulldogs 125 v Adelaide 68
R6 2014: Western Bulldogs 83 v Adelaide 92
R21 2013: Western Bulldogs 131 v Adelaide 114
R4 2013: Adelaide 80 v Western Bullogs 28

Teams

TBA

Key Matchups

Brodie Smith vs Lachie Hunter

Another player who has immensely improved is Lachie Hunter. Last season you'd think he was a depth player , now he's slowly becoming an A grader in the Doggies midfield. He's ranked #1 in uncontested disposals , #2 in total disposals and #1 effective disposals.

Brodie Smith is lethal with the ball and his and carry is vital for setting up our attack. Brodie is #9 in total rebound 50's, #8 in total bounces and averages 23 disposals per game.

Dale Morris vs Eddie Betts

Betts is one of the best small forwards in the game. Eddie just doesn't hurt on the scoreboard , he dishes out assists and gives out defensive pressure. Eddie so far in 2016 averages 3.3 goals and 3.8 tackles a game. Dale Morris is very underrated among the AFL community , he does his job week in week out . He will have to be on his game on Saturday otherwise he's going to be in for a long night.

Kyle Hartigan vs Jake Stringer

It's amazing what 12 months can make for players. Hartigan wasn't confident and made some dreadful mistakes , now he's looking very solid down back whilst making a vital partnership with Talia. In terms with Stringer even though he's been underwhelming so far this season. He's absolute quality and he can hurt you in a space of minutes. I'm hoping that Hartigan doesn't give him any light of day , if we successfully do this it'll go along way.

Stats via footywire

Verdict.

Adelaide by 9

Great stuff

Lachie Hunter has moved to half back to replace the suckling / murphy / WB JJ role

Think he had over 40 last week and hit targets - and is in great form

Pretty sure he will play as the concussion may be a bit of a beat up to get back at Lindsay Thomas - which is fair enough !!

But only speculating

If we limit his role off half back they are going to need to win a whole lot of contested ball in midfield to beat us

Hopefully Charlie Cameron finds himself on Hunter and pressure's the sheet out of him and also gets dangerous around goal

Particularly nervous about this one. I really rate the Dogs. They have some injuries which certainly doesn't help their cause, but they're still a force, especially at Etihad.

Got a feeling this will be won/lost at the selection table for the Crows. Laird out forces a potential shift in defensive structures, especially if they decide to plug that hole with someone like Seedsman or Smith. Bringing Crouch back early could be a masterstroke or a complete failure depending on fitness levels which only the club will be able to assess. If Lever or McGovern aren't 100% do they play? What about Walker on a hard deck? Tough decisions.

Being a pessimist this week. Dogs to win in a close one.

Wonder if we'll try Lever on Stringer instead of Hartigan? We didn't have him in the R4 or EF games last year..
guaranteed disaster, let Lever do what he's doing, he matches up horribly on Stringer at the present stage.

I love what he does well, but the guy got out run by Pav, let's be realistic, and doesn't yet have Talia's one-on-one canniness to cover that lack of pace.

Talia or Hartigan get the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent write up.

Who are their talls? As well as the Dogs have been playing this season and last, they're one of those teams where I just don't know who many of their players are. Seriously, from last week's team, I really don't know who Roberts, McLean, Stevens and Dale are.

Then again, I imagine other teams don't know who Atkins, McGovern, Hartigan, Brown and Lyons for example are.

Surely Talia gets Stringer? Still have painful memories of Stringer embarrassing Hartigan, although in a way I feel that game was his turning point as he has become a much better defender since then, so maybe we could try him on Stringer for a bit to possibly fight his demons.

Otherwise, I imagine Hartigan will take that spud Campbell who earned his place in the Callum Chambers Club when he and Tory Dickson combined for 10 goals against us? I guess he will also take Roughead if they alternate rucking.

I'm not sure what we do with Lever to be honest. I don't think they're playing that big boy Redpath and Crameri is banned, so should we play him loose?

Does Cheney take Bontempelli when he goes forward? I really don't want him out one on one against Bont.

Their mosquito fleet of Dickson and Dahlhaus could be concerning, especially without Laird. Brown surely gets Dickson, but who plays on Dahlhaus? I heard Caleb Daniel may also return, and he can cause problems when he bobs up for a goal.

The midfield battle should be interesting. Macrae, Bontempelli, Wallis and Liberatore vs Thompson, Sloane, Douglas and Matt Crouch (and potentially his brother). Jacobs SHOULD be able to beat Roughead/Campbell and give us some decent service.

They also have to worry about our four talls plus Eddie and Charlie. Can any Bulldogs fans tell us who will take Walker, Jenkins, Lynch and McGovern?

Don't like Laird out at all. If we display the poor skills and lack of midfield accountability that we did in Saturday then we lose pretty comfortably.

Odds are dead even and a lot of neutrals are tipping us but I am going with the Bulldogs here actually. 28 points.

Just a simple message for the club...

image.jpg

Put someone on him :mad:

I think our firepower will prove too much for the Bulldogs' injury-plagued defence, and their attack - sans big men and missing a lot of their usual run off half-back - simply won't be able to kick a score bigger than the score we'll kick. The Crows managed 97 points against Ross Lyon's anti-football flood, so I think cracking the century is a realistic benchmark for Saturday.

Crows by 14.

Last edited:
We are playing the Bulldogs at a good time.

Crows by 38
Heading to this game, going in confident. More confident then I was heading into the Freo side last week. Not sure why, but currently we're playing the much better football and I believe in Pyke to make the changes on game day if say someone like Dickson gets off the chain and kicks a few quick goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back