What are the ramifications for a Carlton loss this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a stupid thread. Carlton lose to arguably the BEST team in the league, the 5-0 (NAB Cup) and 7-1 Adelaide Crows, and all of a sudden they could lose to the WORST team in the league? Utterly ridiculous.

5 weeks ago before Carlton vs Essendon I pottered over to the Carlton board to see what their fans were posting. Not one of them even entertained the idea of losing and nearly all were more than confident of a comfortable win.

I'm now sitting here reading fairly articulate and reasonable posts that suggest they could lose to Melbourne. From their own fans. (I'm talking about audas).

Remarkable.

Prior to the Essendon game we should have beaten you soundly based on our performances and team - we were flying. There was no reason to think otherwise - and what was exposed in that game is that the players felt the same way, and clearly thought they, themselves, were s**t hot.

Five minutes into that game I changed my tune when I saw what our players had become - almost over night, drunk as skunks on our own bath water, blinded by the disco lights, the glare shinning off our boots and the gel seeping into our eyes and the stylists (thought they were runners) constantly holding players up to fix the quif.

Have not seen anything to change my mind since.

I think it a fair and reasonable position, and see nothing at all remarkable about that - nothing.

Your just pissed that Essendon wasn't rated when you had done nothing at all to warrant it - you have done something now, and you are rated - thats how the system works, the system I refer to is of course rational logic and reality.

Mate are you serious? Melbourne can start now and wouldn't win. You don't know much about football

Saints beat the Blues by MORE than the Dees.

Think about that.

Doggies almost got over the Cats last night, and only beat the Dees by 40 points.

Carlton have half their team out mate and are playing like Victor Harbor Camel Rider Reserves.

Melbourne play the exact type of game style Carlton are struggling against.

You might want to brush up on your own understanding of the game before you get so high and mighty.

Essendon were paying $7.50 prior to their game against Carlton. They went on to smash them, physically and on the scoreboard.

Melbourne are paying $10 this week. Carlton should win given how horrible the Demons have been this year but Melbourne will win a game sooner rather than later and Carlton wouldn't want to take the Demons too lightly.

Such a stupid thread. Carlton lose to arguably the BEST team in the league, the 5-0 (NAB Cup) and 7-1 Adelaide Crows, and all of a sudden they could lose to the WORST team in the league? Utterly ridiculous.

We were smashed on the field by the Saints, we were losing the game to GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY till three quarter time and required two of their best players to go down including their forward in order for us to get over them.

Go watch the game.

Melbourne have dumped some senior players have absolutely nothing to lose,both teams have been horrendous the last fortnight.
At least Ratten has been forced to change the team dynamics a win is not a given for Carlton.

I'd love to see it but it won't happen. Carlton won't lose and even if they did it wouldn't be the coach's fault. There would a few players under a bit of pressure though. The coach will be assessed at the end of the year and if Carlton don't finish top 4 he will be under the pump. I actually think they will miss the top 4 but Rattan will still get coach them in 2013. That will be a pressure cooker!

Top 4 finish ??? You would have to be kidding ... they will be flat out making the top 8.

Assuming (just for the sake of the argument) that they win both the next two games ( no gimmes either), they will be 7-3 but then play Gee, Weagles (away) Hawks and C'wood.

And they way they are playing, they will lose all of those games easily and at 7-7 after Rd. 15, they will have to win at least 6 out of 9, just to scrape into the 8.

Saying all that, its just inane speculation if they lose, that Ratten will get the sack. He will survive until at least the end of the season.

Don't worry blue boys, we will play you into form and you will go on a winning streak.

You really can't compare the two situations. Richmond is much more competitive than Melbourne. What's your point?

So what will the ramifications be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we will appreciate your generosity in helping us to get our season back on track.
On track to what?

The Port game won't be a walk in the park with so many best 22 players and depth players injured. It seems suss that Bower was dropped and we named three rucks for a wet weather match. Bower and Watson will probably come in for Henderson and Kreuzer.

The seconds have a bye, a game and another bye. Think that's three byes so far this year. Not an ideal preparation for a club wanting players to put their names forward for senior selection.

Interesting situation they find themselves in. Some big name injuries, players terribly out of form and a distinct lack of confidence.

I know Melbourne are absolutely horrendous right now but they have been given a smashing in the media (as have Carlton but Melbourne probably more).

Going back to the late 80's/ early 90's IIRC, Carlton lost to the Brisbane Bears at Princess Park when Capper dobbed one from 50 out and Robert Walls was shown the door. If Melbourne somehow pull off an upset this weekend, will the same happen to Ratten?

Nice work mate Karma.(what are the ramifications if Hawthorn lose)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back