Preview What are you most looking forward to in 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 28, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, West Adelaide
Well, the time has come to close the book on that saga, and look towards the 2013 season. It's time to start talking footy again.

What are you most looking forward to?

Personally I'm excited for what's to come. After the PF, I really believe we can win a flag in the next couple of years. We have the cattle, we have the coach, we have the belief.The sanctions won't hurt straight away, but in 2-3 years time.

Some specifics:
  • Crouch: A lot of hype around this kid, but having seen him in the SANFL, he will play games next year. How many, who knows, but he will. He won't be a star as of round 1, but I don't doubt he'll be servicable
  • Walker: If he didn't miss 6 games out of pure stupidity, he would have gone close to the Coleman. With the forward line now his own, it will be interesting to see how he handles the KT treatment of 3+ defenders hanging off him
  • Dangerfield: We all saw what he could do this year. I look forward to seeing it again next year
  • JJ/Smack: No doubt one of these two will take the spot of Walker's decoy. Really hoping they both progress and shine given the opportunity
Over to you fellow posters!

Two big things for me that I look forward to with interest.

First is seeing Crouch play. Sounds to me like we have an absolute future star on our hands and I just can't wait to see what he brings to the table.

Second is who steps up to replace Tippett. I'm leaning towards Jenkins being the one, and everything I have seen of late seems to suggest he wants to be the one. Taking his number and a few suggestive tweets show to me that he is determined to make that spot his own. If more focus from defenders go onto Tex, then I can really see JJ having a breakout year.

Taylor Walker stepping up the mantle and being our number 1 forward.
Lewis Johnston stepping up and playing some very good and consistent AFL football and showing he deserves a place on the Crows list
Sam Shaw, Andy Otten, Ricky Henderson and Bernie Smith taking another step forward in their roles.

Cant wait to see which player walks out the club next year.

True, it's starting to become a very dirty habit.

Tippett, Gunston, Davis, Bock, Hudson - 5 players in the last 7 or 8 years.

I guess I was wrong, it wasn't Neil Craig all along. It's something else.

Some of the things I'm looking forward to seeing are;
  • The continued development of Brodie Smith, hopefully in a more attacking role where he can make the most of his unusual yet effective kick.
  • A good run without injury from Hendo.
  • The emergence of Jarryd Lyons.

Stating the obvious but football. Like an actual pure game of football and not this circus of off field crap.

But to be more specific;
Texy giving the Coleman a real shake and hopefully not missing any games through suspension.
Jenkins standing up and becoming a strong contested mark option inside 50.
Wrighty getting his hands dirty and racking up the possies.
Mackay breaking the lines.
Danger telling everyone in his way that he doesn't care, he's going straight through them and that's that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stating the obvious but football. Like an actual pure game of football and not this circus of off field crap.

But to be more specific;
Texy giving the Coleman a real shake and hopefully not missing any games through suspension.
Jenkins standing up and becoming a strong contested mark option inside 50.
Wrighty getting his hands dirty and racking up the possies.
Mackay breaking the lines.
Danger and Sloaney telling everyone in their way that they don't care, they're going straight through them and that's that.
efa...

What am I looking forward to in 2013? :(

SEX!

and please, if possible, with some besides myself and of the opposite gender. :)

D-Mac - finally had a reletivitly injury free year, can only get better next year.
Porps - Same reason
Sauce - expect him to be All-Australian next year
Pets - reckon he will really prove alot of doubters wrong next year

Im looking forward to the ignorant heads up their own arses commentators that are rife in and around the AFL being blown away by the talent and the depth the crows have!

I can see it now, one week we'll have an injury to sloane, thompson, douglas and vince and in will come riley, martin, lyons and jaensch and we'll tick on like a fine tuned machine like we never even lost the regulars and the commentators will start gushing about our well hidden talent stockpile - hey they werent hidden - you guys just didnt know about it cos you have no idea!

Tippett will be gone, Jenkins, Smack and Johnstone will smash it and the commentators will exclaim in amazement!

Rutten and Talia are rested in the NAB final against hawks and shaw, otten, thompson, mackay, brown and hendo hand buddy, gunston and rioli their asses on a platter.

Some of the commentators and experts are already rating us to drop down to sixth or thereabouts cos carlton wont have such a bad year again and essendon will be big improvers blah blah fn blah.

We have a younger squad than them and its our gun young midfielders that are getting us places. We aint going backwards!!!!

Tex and Smith the most. Tex just looks completely ready to maximise his talents and is awesome to watch. I think Smith will surprise the AFL. Look to build the whole year so cant wait for next.

Moreso interested to see where Crouch is at after playing a lot of midfield time in the SANFL.

I think Lyons has a LOT of potential and I hope he can string some games together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back