Other Teams
Box Hill, Storm
1. Buddy's first shot at goal must go through the the tall ones
2. Roughie same
3. Croad or Gilham must frustrate Mooney - he is a frontrunner
4. Campbell mustn't let Ottens sneak forward & kick goals
5. We cannot get sucked in to playing the man rather than the ball

Easy.

geelong send out there vfl side......your only chance of winning. bye bye hawkes bye bye now

You had the chance to put forward a decent analysis but instead came up with this, it say's alot about your posting type and footy knowledge.

If we break even or come close in the centre.
Dont need to smash them there, just to break even or close and the forward line to play to their average.

Should be enough.

Game will be won by taggers, rucks and forward line pressure and lack of injury.

ummmmm you mentioned lack of injury, shows how much you know your team at hodge, croad and franklin.....fully fit???

bye bye hawkes......bye bye now

or maybe the hawthorn perceived toughness.....hawk players spending so much time in the media portraying how tough they are. if that's what they need to do to convice themselves fair enough. but pretty easy to see they are weak as piss

ummmmm you mentioned lack of injury, shows how much you know your team at hodge, croad and franklin.....fully fit???

bye bye hawkes......bye bye now

Don't hear alot up in brisbane do you??

Another one of those supporters who only support their club when they are going good...

Buddy to kick the first one and crowd to be in full support behind them!@

Geelong, while awesome, do not have any intimidating players. Don't get me wrong, their style is intimidating, as is their attack on the ball, but i don't think they have players that opposition teams fear in a contest. Rooke is an overrated supposed 'hard man', mooney changed his sniping style a number of years ago to better his football.

I'm not saying to just go for the man, that has been proved to not work, but there is an opportunity to get a mental edge through relentless pressure like collingwood did this year, the bulldogs did last week, and we did in round 17, only collingwood were the only ones who took their opportunities and finished them off.

We are no longer the pretty boy side of the competition. When our opposition are running into a contest against brown, hodge, lewis guerra, dew, buddy, rough, ozzie, and now renouf, they know they are going to feel the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

umm buddy doesnt miss at all. hodge i mean 'superhuman' smashes most of the geelong team. stop ablett, bartel, corey, selwood, scarlett mackie running out of defense.not to much of a job for the young hawkers, and hawks have to not think there so tough coz geelong will play that off and kick away.

Well you're a bit of an idiot now, aren't you.

Note the absence of a question mark.

If Bateman cuts his hair you will win. If he doesn't you will lose.
Sorry but the fates have spoken.
Goodluck.

The key is obviously the midfield. And if Hodge 'plays sore', even if he is out there busting a gut, the midfield will be compromised. I have no doubt we are going to rough him up - either with very hard tackles or with a fair bit of bumping around. He's a tough bastard but he is going to be very, very sore I sense. It can't help him at any rate.

Buddy has to kick straight, too. In the R17 game both teams had <50 inside 50s so he's got to take better advantage of his opportunities. If his kicking is off then you guys might struggle to score. Roughead is good but he's gonna have a good opponent plus guys zoning off to help whoever that opponent is (Taylor I'd assume), and Mark Williams is gonna have either Josh Hunt or Corey Enright wearing him like a glove. We're not going to be as easy to open up as the Saints.

If Mitchell gets on top of Ling and Sewell/Bateman hurt us the other way, we'll have problems. It's going to be a cracker in the middle and a lot of very hard contests.

Ignore the nuffies.

or maybe the hawthorn perceived toughness.....hawk players spending so much time in the media portraying how tough they are. if that's what they need to do to convice themselves fair enough. but pretty easy to see they are weak as piss

Ohhh, I see what you're doing, run along now, you're not even a Geelong supporter i'd bet, just a bored poster whose team didn't make it trying to be significant.

We havn't been given a chance to win this game.

I believe we are more than capable, If our forward line stands up no one can stop us.

Hawks will not this slip away, we have the most desperate team.

It will be close

GO HAWKS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back