What is required from here onwards to win the premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

A fit Jeremy Cameron and Mitch Duncan.

Win 3 or 4 finals in a row would be the easy answer

Brilliant, get the word out to the boys.

IMO at the most basic level we arent winning it without at least these two things

1.Cameron + duncan back and playing well
2. No more injuries to key players.

Alot more needs to happen like resting a few key players and working on our outside defensive work and ball transition around the contest to go with the bulldogs. But fundamentally if the two points above dont happen we will struggle.

Ignore the facetious comments mate, it's a reasonable question.

But for a big injury to a key player or players, I think we need to try and avoid playing the Dogs at Marvel; I hate that ground and I think we struggle with it.

Apart from that, I hope we play Melbourne in the qualifier and an interstate team at Geelong in the Prelim. I think this will be the most likely path to the GF.

Jeremy Cameron. That’s all we need.

Duncan would be icing on the cake

Four words: Jeremy Cameron, Mitch Duncan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting to the pointy end of things now, and we have clearly established ourselves again as a contender.

Discuss what needs to happen from here on for us to win the premiership.
We need all 22 to play their role. Doing the team thing every time. Not trying to do too much single-handedly but standing up for one another. Stick to what has worked throughout the season to get the job done. Getting Duncan back will help, but we need to be good enough to do it without him if he isn't right.

You know why.

he was playing in the ruck then. he played solely foward today.

No but I want to hear crazy's thought's because he is making it out to be a positive when in fact, it's a worrying dilemma. Cameron is obviously a certain inclusion but you have a player who is ready to go up a notch and make the grade but only if he is played as a forward. He is a better mark and he is also a traditional key position player who can crash a puck in a way Cameron does not.

It's a concern going forward because we cannot play all three key forwards along with Stanley. Simply won't work. Ratugolea will have to go back to spudding it up in the ruck when Cameron returns.

A few things.
1. Get Duncan back. Cameron is an awesome player, absolutely no doubt about that. But having a player of Duncan’s class moving the ball inside 50 - hell, we could plonk just about anyone in the forward line and at the very least they’d get opportunities. Cameron is the icing, Duncan is the cake. Also I think the form hawkins is in right now, Cameron only helps him and I think he will be second banana when he returns. That’s not a bad thing.

2. we need Melbourne, Brisbane and The Dogs to not be at their best. We play our best or close to it more often than anyone in the comp. we are the control, the other teams are the variable. I believe that the dogs and demons very best football, and probably Brisbane’s, is hard for us to stop as they’re quicker. A fast team playing at maximum capacity is extremely hard to stop and our bigger stronger bodies have lesa influence on the result. Do we need those teams to have a bad day for us to beat them? Not by any means. But we need them to not have their best day.
3. Dangerfield at his best. He has been outstanding the last three weeks and when he lifts from ‘decent’ to ‘peak Dangerfield’ the difference is huge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back