Social Science What is the general public's view of teenagers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is ok I

Yeah.
Nah.
They are a dead set copy of AC/DC.
Blues - rock - one note difference in a pentatonic scale.
Not relevant.

Yeah
Nah

Saying they are a dead set copy is like me saying Easy E is a deadset copy of Dr Dre.
I wouldn't know so I don't say it.
There's enough difference in the music to say they are not a copy of AC/DC, albeit they are firmly entrenched in the same genre.
FFS Jet were called an AC/DC copy when they took off.
It's just a line spun every time an Aussie rock band rises from the pubs to something more.

Yeah
Nah

Saying they are a dead set copy is like me saying Easy E is a deadset copy of Dr Dre.
I wouldn't know so I don't say it.
There's enough difference in the music to say they are not a copy of AC/DC, albeit they are firmly entrenched in the same genre.
FFS Jet were called an AC/DC copy when they took off.
It's just a line spun every time an Aussie rock band rises from the pubs to something more.
Whatever.
I know, I have heard em both.
You know someone in the band or something ?
Anyway, who cares at the end of the day.

Remember when Jet were a big deal? They could all die in a plane crash now and it wouldn't be the top story.

Edit: Haven't put out an album in 9 years.

Of course, it's all cultural.

Airbourne have found oodles more success in Europe than they ever could in Australia. Rose Tattoo still play Wacken when they'd struggle to fill an RSL, etc.

Yeah Airborne are a funny one, they must be huge in Europe, they're high on the bill for Wacken next year (and are Rose Tattoo as well), not bad for essentially an AC/DC cover band.

Was that the first or second half of 2003 :).
Again, WAY too derivitive (Beatles, Oasis, AC/DC) to have any staying power.

Does the derivative argument only apply to rock? Cause pop, hip hop, and metal have been copying themselves for years now and new acts thrive.

Silverchair was as derivative as it got, and once they changed it up, they weren't very good.

Sent from mTalk

Does the derivative argument only apply to rock? Cause pop, hip hop, and metal have been copying themselves for years now and new acts thrive.

Sent from mTalk

I'm a big metal fan and I can't think of any new sounding stuff that's come out for a long time. The last original band I reckon I heard was Meshuggah and they've been kicking around for a while now anyway. (and have been copied shitloads for that matter)

Sent from mTalk
Nah applies to all dosent it?
Rock - Metal, for that argument I lump the two together.
Pop - Hip hop - dont listen to that stuff so much.

I think there is a fine line between taking something from someones sound and making it yours, and blatant copying. Some can do it, some go overboard. Rinse, repeat...thats life I guess.

It's a shame grunge happened cause that last wave of hair metal bands where beginning to push the envelope in developing the sound to really blurring the lines with heavy metal and some interesting stuff was happening behind the singles.

The only bands to really make it out were Bon Jovi and Guns n Roses.

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jet were a one trick pony. Get Born was a good album but they had no stage presence. Saw them play at Rock It in 2004 when they were riding the crest of their popularity wave and it took the other guys from The Wrights coming on stage to play Evie to rescue their set. IIRC they were the closing act but pretty much just played their one album and the crowd got less and less interested as it went on. You're never going to survive as a rock band that people don't really want to go and see live.

I'm a big metal fan and I can't think of any new sounding stuff that's come out for a long time. The last original band I reckon I heard was Meshuggah and they've been kicking around for a while now anyway. (and have been copied shitloads for that matter)

Check out Poliphia .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not really.

For the first time in 40 years, teenagers don't like rock n roll. That's a relevant change in society.
I like rock and roll :(

It's always funny how people hang s**t on young people for being obsessed with social media where older people are just as bad if not worse. I don't actually think teenagers are big users of Facebook these days.
Its always fun listening to Irene from Glen Waverly hang s**t on kids social media obsession while she happily sits on Facebook 10 hours a day and shares every ******* post in her news feed, most of it racist homophobic s**t because * the government, straya first.

Here's a plus for today's youth.
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2018/sep/18/pimples-in-rise-of-acne-positivity-movement
After years of oppressive aesthetic perfection, acne positivity is a drive for people to be more open about their skin problems, from the occasional spot to full-blown cystic acne. It joins recent moves to celebrate the many and varied appearances of our skin – from vitiligo to freckles and stretch marks – but also seeks to educate those who still believe that acne is a problem for the unwashed and unhealthy.
Stop repressing the puss filled spots on my face!

Its always fun listening to Irene from Glen Waverly hang s**t on kids social media obsession while she happily sits on Facebook 10 hours a day and shares every ******* post in her news feed, most of it racist homophobic s**t because **** the government, straya first.

At least young people understand social media more and how they look to others when posting stuff, old people have no ******* idea and look like knobs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back