Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
What would be the preparation this weekend?

I know it's no untold story about Geelong's inability to perform to full potential the week following a bye so I wonder what is being done differently this week.

They say it's about freshening up... it could also be a union driven break negotiated by the AFLPA but one would have to wonder that if the team has history in failing in these circumstances what is being done?

Now, perhaps the AFLPA might forbid the club in a ruling sense from doing too much but the players themselves would have to be of the opinion that something needs to be done to guarantee things are on track. Would they not come together as a collective to say amongst themselves, "Right, we're in control of our destinies here. Let's work out how we are going to deal with this week off and give us our best chance."

So many stories are told about teams or individuals who go far and beyond to ensure success.. I implore the Cats to do what they can to place themselves in the history books for the right reasons.

I remember my times as an athlete at school. When you reach a certain level of talent alot comes down to simply who wants it more. On the day you all want it the same. It comes down to who wanted it the most 1,2,3 months ago and put in the work to make it happen. I agree, it might be out of the clubs hands this weekend, but if the players want it they will be doing everything they can to make it happen. That is how you achieve. (For the record, I didn't want it enough)

Home trying to make babies
Now there's an off season thread,we'd have all sorts of approaches to that task in the side, ranging from Danger just bursting out of the shower like bull at a gate to Harry Taylor analyzing the Kamasutra, and big Hawk playing from behind.

On the sesh at Lambys.
Im all for players doing things on their own time...

however.... for the next 5 weeks... id hope staying off the piss in public would be pretty self explanatory

GO Catters

Match simulation tomorrow night.
this will go one of 2 ways.

If we get a Jordan Clark result... "Why the * are going so hard"
If we get blown off in the first 1/4 in QF - "why the * didnt we go harder in week off"

Hiding to nothing at this point.

but ill take the no injuries this weekend and week at training..
and head over it first to the ball and 5 goals up at 1/4 time on Friday.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this will go one of 2 ways.

If we get a Jordan Clark result... "Why the fu** are going so hard"
If we get blown off in the first 1/4 in QF - "why the fu** didnt we go harder in week off"

Hiding to nothing at this point.

but ill take the no injuries this weekend and week at training..
and head over it first to the ball and 5 goals up at 1/4 time on Friday.

GO Catters
They simply have to stay match ready. Too many times we have come out in holiday mode and aren’t switched on, and been blown away before we know what the hell just happened.

We supporters have nightmares about it happening again.

Whatever we've done the last 5 years?
Don't do that.
This bye pre finals has not existed for the last 5 years , iirc.
The whole bye thing before finals is over the top.
The reason we lost those games is the teams we played were simply better than us.
We might be poor after the h & a byes, but this week, all 8 teams have the bye, so it is like rd 1, and our record in rd 1 results is pretty good. That is also after a bye that all teams have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back