What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does a player have to stay for the whole hub time?

Can a player go to QLD for Round 6 AND 7 then choose to come home? (Not allowing for any state government changes)

i think it’s whole time or nothing. The point is for the group to be together and isolated. And then another issue is crossing borders. What a nightmare

i think it’s whole time or nothing. The point is for the group to be together and isolated. And then another issue is crossing borders. What a nightmare

I would say once they leave the hub they cant go back in but cant see why they couldn't do couple of weeks then come home.

Not sure maybe I am missing something.

Issue is then a new mother is away from her own support networks back here. Its tough, no matter whether they go or stay.
Agreed, that's why I said can't speak for individual circumstances.

How cool would it be if Libba and Wallis families both came up and the nursing mothers and partners supported each other. The 2 families have such a link in our history already.

You really need grandparents/aunts & uncles there too.
I expect Wallis, Libba & Wood who are likely to miss time. Maybe a few months, maybe the whole season.

we raised both kids with no relatives around us at all. Just saying. 12 weeks won’t hurt too much.

You really need grandparents/aunts & uncles there too.
I expect Wallis, Libba & Wood who are likely to miss time. Maybe a few months, maybe the whole season.
Under the tight restrictions AFL players are meant to be abiding by, the wider relatives shouldn't be visiting the family home either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was hoping the NT would be an option for a hub. Teams based in Darwin and Alice Springs. Only half an hour time difference for for scheduling games to be televised in to Melbourne, and most importantly, they have far more sensible border restrictions, in that basically everyone can come in, even us Vics, if your not from a hot spot. This would enable both players families to be with them, and supporters to be able to travel to watch their team.

I was hoping the NT would be an option for a hub. Teams based in Darwin and Alice Springs. Only half an hour time difference for for scheduling games to be televised in to Melbourne, and most importantly, they have far more sensible border restrictions, in that basically everyone can come in, even us Vics, if your not from a hot spot. This would enable both players families to be with them, and supporters to be able to travel to watch their team.
My company has been trying to get someone up to Darwin (from NSW) for a job for the past couple of weeks and have found gaining exemptions for essential work far more difficult and stringent than for travel into WA or QLD. That is until the borders open on July 17.

My company has been trying to get someone up to Darwin (from NSW) for a job for the past couple of weeks and have found gaining exemptions for essential work far more difficult and stringent than for travel into WA or QLD. That is until the borders open on July 17.
:thumbsu: OK, didn't realise that, given that the 17th is only two weeks away, may it could be an option for another hub, if the other Premiers continue with their posturing and politics.

Had to go interstate for work a few times shortly after my son was born. A day or two is a break but you would not want to be missing long stretches at all.

That said, they’ve gotta earn a crust and even though we’ve been up and down it’s a weird year and other teams may collapse as the season goes. Losing a lot of these guys will kill us.

The guys with very new babies (Mitch and Wood) will probably not go to start with but really the rest probably should. Hopefully the families can join them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back