What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d be concerned if the club were going to re-sign him at $700k over 5 years.
i think that’s what is being suggested as necessary for a club like Adelaide to prise him out.
More like $600k at the WB i reckon.
If that’s what JJ is on then Caleb is easily worth it.

I don't think Caleb's form this year justifies 600k. I'd be looking to re-sign him at 450k for 3 years. 600k for 5 years is more along the lines of what I'd offer Dale. I'm not really convinced that Caleb is that important to us anymore. The only game I remember him being really influential in last year was the second Demons encounter.

To be honest, I haven’t really noticed Caleb this year. But might just be taking him for granted.

With the current salary cap of $13.54M and average wage of $390k likely to increase under the new CBA, $600k for 4 is probably thereabouts or even good business. Less than 5% of the cap for a B&F & AA.

I don't think Caleb's form this year justifies 600k. I'd be looking to re-sign him at 450k for 3 years. 600k for 5 years is more along the lines of what I'd offer Dale. I'm not really convinced that Caleb is that important to us anymore. The only game I remember him being really influential in last year was the second Demons encounter.
Not sure if serious ... but anyway I gave him BoG for the North game.

Each to his own I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be the only one here but does anyone else find Dunks & Adzy insanely boring footy personalities - love what they bring to the team but fu** me couldn’t pay me to sit through one of their podcasts 😂
Bont too. Lovely blokes but more boring than a Ned Flanders icy pole.

i think that’s what is being suggested as necessary for a club like Adelaide to prise him out.
More like $600k at the WB i reckon.
If that’s what JJ is on then Caleb is easily worth it.
Yes I agree, here's a quote from an article in 2017 when JJ signed a 5 year deal:
"...It's understood the deal, tying him to the club until the end of 2022, is worth more than $650,000 a season.
Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney said Johannisen, the 2016 Norm Smith medallist, remained a crucial cog."

So JJ is out of contract at the end of this year and you would expect him to resign on a 1 or 2 year contract at a much lesser amount with incentives.
You'd think that Sam Power would transfer that contract amount to someone like C. Daniel - he's worth every cent and has become a weapon across half back. He's unique, the league hasn't seen a player like Daniel for at least 30 years.

Here's a summary of all the Bulldogs players contracts and when they come out of contract. It's a pretty handy reference point.

Bulldogs Contracts.png

Yes I agree, here's a quote from an article in 2017 when JJ signed a 5 year deal:
"...It's understood the deal, tying him to the club until the end of 2022, is worth more than $650,000 a season.
Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney said Johannisen, the 2016 Norm Smith medallist, remained a crucial cog."

So JJ is out of contract at the end of this year and you would expect him to resign on a 1 or 2 year contract at a much lesser amount with incentives.
You'd think that Sam Power would transfer that contract amount to someone like C. Daniel - he's worth every cent and has become a weapon across half back. He's unique, the league hasn't seen a player like Daniel for at least 30 years.

Here's a summary of all the Bulldogs players contracts and when they come out of contract. It's a pretty handy reference point.

View attachment 1380535
I've posted this in the contracts sticky thread. It's a very useful table. :thumbsu:

If JJ can continue the flash of form he's shown in F50 when he's back, and outperform others competing for that spot, he may become crucial again. He's ultimately a fast, skilful player, who can kick a goal. Don't be surprised if he re-invents himself - would then make new contract negotiations interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back