What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support the 'red card' rule. If a player does something like what Bugg did last night they should not be allowed back onto the field, leaving their teams interchange 1 short.

Don't mind it but surely it has to take effect at the next break.
Cant have the game stopped for a 'score review' type scenario while 4th umpire watches the vision back.

Also if there is ANY possible thought that it shouldnt be a red card, then it shouldnt.
The Bugg one is clearly a red card. The Houli one, not a red card.

If you believe the leftists. We're all the same and we can do anything we want because of it!

And if you believe the extreme then we should wipe anything but white people from the earth and we should continue to plunder the earth for all its resources just to keep a few factory workers in jobs.

See we can all make silly sweeping statements about an extreme point of view.

Dont know if this is that unpopular.

It is laughable that the best players on a team can spend the last 5 minutes of the game on the bench.

I dont give a * what your GPS/heart rate data is telling you, or where the ball is on the ground, get the best ******* players on the ground.
Stop taking them off when they've just one grabbed a pack mark and slotted it from 50.

The number of times i hear 'stuck on the bench' disturbs me, especially in relation to superstars, or in Collingwoods case on the weekend De Goey who'd been probably their best player for the day.

An AFL team representing the state of Tasmania isn't required.

Go back to making the team with the most goals the winner, only using the behinds scored to determine the winner if both teams have the same number of goals.

Dont know if this is that unpopular.

It is laughable that the best players on a team can spend the last 5 minutes of the game on the bench.

I dont give a **** what your GPS/heart rate data is telling you, or where the ball is on the ground, get the best ******* players on the ground.
Stop taking them off when they've just one grabbed a pack mark and slotted it from 50.

The number of times i hear 'stuck on the bench' disturbs me, especially in relation to superstars, or in Collingwoods case on the weekend De Goey who'd been probably their best player for the day.
If they do run on and the play is over the other side of the ground they risk having 19 men on the field, but I know what you mean

Both the Houli and Bugg hits were pure flukes and they were unlucky to hit so well to have a knockout.

1. Houli is the softest player in the game.
2. Bugg is a smartarse but as soft as a three legged frog.

They should never have received such large penalties.

Last edited:
Haha I know.
I feel that more neutrals like the crows now than they used to...

Is that a thing? Is it the players we have? or is it just that we're playing Geelong in this case?

Need a bit of Ultimate Warrior spirit

61IvSIIbtOL._SY300_.jpg

Not many would have predicted Adelaide would win 97 OR go back to back in 98.

Have a soft spot for them, one interstate team I want to see do well. And liked the team becoming closer together after Phil Walsh passed away.

And yes there is extra ammunition and motivation, have to stop Geelong at all costs!

1. Bugg is the scapegoat for a wider issue in football. Deserves 6 weeks, but the fact the Tribunal gave him 6 while giving Houli 2 highlights a much larger problem the AFL has with dealing with sensitive cultural issues.

2. Players should not be given a formal legal defence at tribunal hearings. They should go in, be questioned by the Tribunal members, and given 5 minutes to say what they want to say. The fact clubs are hiring QCs to argue over the finer points of the joke that is AFL rules is laughable.

If they do run on and the play is over the other side of the ground they risk having 19 men on the field, but I know what you mean

Thats where you rotate someone deep forward and then have them come off the ground for the player you need to come on.
I understand its an 18 man defence these days, but roll the dice to get your best players on the ground when you need them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheering a miss on goal by the opposition makes you look like a flog particularly when your team is behind. I reckon I've seen it three times on the telecast in the past three weeks. In each instance, the team that missed went on to win the game.

Cheering a miss on goal by the opposition makes you look like a flog particularly when your team is behind. I reckon I've seen it three times on the telecast in the past three weeks. In each instance, the team that missed went on to win the game.

Arent people really cheering the fact that they're still 'in the game' though?

Or in the case of GWS fans, that they're taking home 2 points not 0.

From the history we already know of clubs then it would be dumb not to take advantage of it.

AFL clubs and players know they have the depression card up their sleeve and I have little doubt it has been played already.

Further to this, clubs love the vagueness and taboo nature of it.

'Player X is out with a knee injury'
'How long? Any ligament damage? What grade? Will they need surgery? Etc. Etc.'

'Player X is taking time away from the game to deal with mental issues.'
*hushed silence of journos trying to figure out what they can and can't say*

I reckon that if a player takes a mark or receives a free kick they should take their kick where it happened instead of the man of the mark going to that spot. Why is the player being disadvantaged by 5 or so metres? Pretty sure in most other end to end sports the player takes possession where the incident occured. Something I never understood tbh.

Ohhh I dunno...his name is "Basher" after all.

Serves his parents right for giving him such an aggressive name.

My real name is "Gentle Dave", and I behave that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back