What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Grand Final should be played at the top seeded teams home ground.
So if GWS make a grand final and are due to play say a Richmond or Adelaide for the sake of the argument you think it should be played at their stadium in front of 20,000 as opposed to 95,000+ regardless of who's playing at the MCG?

The game was better when it was Victorian.

QLD and WA are full of bogans that want to secede and steal our coal. NSW will eventually steal our sport and make us play second fiddle. The other states are all fine and I don't mind them joining in on our sport.

As I said over at another discussion, play 16 a side in the AFL! [Like in the VFA]
It's the most obvious and simplest change to the game in order to open it up. Congested play will be lessened by the removal of 4 players from the field of play. Players will have to travel greater distances and fatigue quicker.
16 a side would allow for the removal of 2 players per team from their lists, bringing costs down in terms of player payments. 36 players taken from the competition would also enhance the talent pool. [and at the same time add "play on" for backwood kicks in the backline and tweak some of the silly rules like only one up in ruck contests and deliberate out of bounds as well!!!!]

Talent pool is bull dust.
There are heaps of people who could play AFL if given a shot.

Talent pool is bull dust.
There are heaps of people who could play AFL if given a shot.

The problem is club lists are actually too small. Clubs try to build the best side they can whilst bringing in junior talent for the future. There is no room for physically ready to go, afl ready lower level talents. If clubs had 60 players on their list we could have a national reserves comepetition primarily for development and clubs would be able to have physically developed men playing and be more competitive at senior level. Rather than clubs down the low end of the ladder having 10-15 blokes who are physically capable and talented enough to play afl and 7-12 developing guys who aren't really ready for AFL level yet.

Toby Greene is one of my favourite players to watch. Love his arrogance and swagger.
Dusty has arrogance and swagger. Greene is a thug who has legitimately commited assault and is a *******. There's a big difference.

Dusty has arrogance and swagger. Greene is a thug who has legitimately commited assault and is a *******. There's a big difference.

I'll phrase it then.

Even in current year, I enjoy a bit of biff, and Greene is more often than anyone else playing, the guy to start it. Call it whatever you want, but Greene is the only player I'd be looking over my shoulder for if I was on the oval.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game was better when it was Victorian.

QLD and WA are full of bogans that want to secede and steal our coal. NSW will eventually steal our sport and make us play second fiddle. The other states are all fine and I don't mind them joining in on our sport.

Wat? Why would we want your dirty brown coal?

I love it when Victorians romanticise about the good old days then complain that Etihad Stadium is too cold and hard to get to.

Being a one club player is over rated.
It seems to only apply to superstars.
If a player can further their career at another club, then good on them.
Can you please get a time machine, go back six months and pass on that thought to Dustin Martin?

That 2009 game between St.Kilda and Geelong is overatted. I recall lots of skill errors and a heap of stoppages. Not my idea of a perfect game.
Agree with this. The GF was far better - tough, hard, brutal, uncompromising. The type of game where you get to see who the true footballers are.

The problem is club lists are actually too small. Clubs try to build the best side they can whilst bringing in junior talent for the future. There is no room for physically ready to go, afl ready lower level talents. If clubs had 60 players on their list we could have a national reserves comepetition primarily for development and clubs would be able to have physically developed men playing and be more competitive at senior level. Rather than clubs down the low end of the ladder having 10-15 blokes who are physically capable and talented enough to play afl and 7-12 developing guys who aren't really ready for AFL level yet.

Raising the draft age might fix this too.

Wat? Why would we want your dirty brown coal?

I love it when Victorians romanticise about the good old days then complain that Etihad Stadium is too cold and hard to get to.

Haven't you heard about the new clean coal that is getting about these days?

i don't really enjoy the aflw

You watch it? It was a novelty at first but if you're going to butch up hoards of females, at least include lesbian dudes to spice it up.

Not since unisex automobiles flooded the market has the culture taken a bigger step back.

Can you please get a time machine, go back six months and pass on that thought to Dustin Martin?
During Brad Scott's culture decline there was always 'at least we aren't Richmond' to fall back on.

What a joke they are rebuilding under Scott's pea hearted guidance. Bit of a shambles really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back