Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven't been this tense in a movie for some time.

Absolutely loved it and again shows up Villeneuve to be a star director.

Movie of the year for me so far

I've seen it. Pretty disturbing, the movie stayed "in my head" for days afterwards, and I've never felt the same walking thru train underpasses since.

Yeah it was great! Lots of fun for everyone, See it PN. :D

Had the same impact on me.

I haven't watched Requiem for a Dream for the same reason - I think it would haunt me.

Divergent - Bit of a hunger games style movie about social control and teaching teenagers to be who they want to be. Just ok. Should have turned it off when the two main actors were from the fault in our stars. Its a great looking movie but the script and storyline cant match it. 5/10

What If - Incredibly formulaic rom-com about an instant attraction between two friends who cant be together because one of them is taken. We've all seen this movie dozens of times and normally I'd go meh next, but the chemistry between Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan on screen is so infectious and draws you into the movie completely. The chemistry alone puts this up to a higher level than it should. Has that quirky screenplay of movies like 500 Days of Summer and I Give It A Year and the dialogue between the two is a winner. It trys to be slapstick in parts but I dont think it really fits the movie all that well. This was sitting on a 9 but the last 30 minutes is a train wreck and lets it down. 7.5/10

Had the same impact on me.

I haven't watched Requiem for a Dream for the same reason - I think it would haunt me.

I did re-watch parts of the film including the rape scene straight after the movie.

(NFI why exactly but did pick up on some things in the background etc, just made me rage even more lol).

yep that distant figure.
The other scenes of violence are bad as well

And "Take the tunnel it's safer", I completely had missed that line when I initially watched it.

The fire extinguisher scene made me laugh, perhaps from nerves IDK... same reaction to that scene in Hannibal too.

The use of the whole non linear narrative really worked well. At the time didn't think much of the film because of maybe the shock value but the positioning of the ending (or beginning) with the couple's intimate loving scene was really affecting in contrasting with the savagery and I rate in a lot more now in retrospect.
Enjoy watching these non linear types. A couple of films in a similar vein many probably haven't seen worth checking out are Ozon's 5X2 and Peppermint Candy from Lee Chang Dong.

That Awkward Moment (2014)

I needed something 'light' for my Sunday night after the Enemy mind* on Saturday. This movie was not overly funny or entertaining, but it served its purpose. 5/10

Sophie's Choice - 6/10

The Hundred Foot Journey - 6/10

Beckoning the Butcher - 5/10

Before I Go to Sleep - Lost interest halfway through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

A movie that probably took me over half the movie to mentally adjust myself to what I was watching. I came into this movie knowing nothing about it, no trailers whatsoever.... and that was probably a mistake. I was not ready for this movie whatsoever. My biggest gripe with this movie, and it's a possible pro for others, is that it had no sense of realism or logic at all. Maybe I'm just no as open minded as others, but it was a major detraction from this movie. However, visually, the effects were amazing in this movie. The actions scenes were awesome. It was funny, probably not a major comedy hit, but it had its parts. Although there was hardly any character development, the characters they introduced had their role and they all played it well. The music bits were cool too.

Probably a 7/10. Once you sort of open your mind to the shenanigans this movie pulls, it gets better.

Plus Ramona is awesome.

Whiplash. Intense!

If you have even the slightest passion/appreciation for drumming/jazz check this out.

I honestly don't know what they could have done better for this so a 10/10 for mine.
Even if you don't. I have no passion for drumming on its own but would still consider this close to, if not the movie of the year.

Dirty Harry

Must've seen this a million times.

No doubt I'll see it a million times more.

This face still freaks me out...

DHCrossScorpio.JPG

And "Take the tunnel it's safer", I completely had missed that line when I initially watched it.

The fire extinguisher scene made me laugh, perhaps from nerves IDK... same reaction to that scene in Hannibal too.

Not me, there was no mirth to be had after witnessing that brutality! I was shaking after watching that scene (I think it was fairly early in the film) because it looked so damn realistic - it was kinda like watching a snuff film.

Valhalla Rising.

Beautiful looking film that clearly won't be for everyone.
The movie Winding Refn made before Drive shows in great control of what is a very odd story.
Anyone after a strange week-end double, back this up with A Field in England. 7.5/10

Guardians of the Galaxy.

Looked good at times but no story of value nor humour of any note.
All too try-hard for my liking. 5/10

Enemy - Going to watch it again before going online to look at explanations, found it fascinating first time around & think I have an idea what it's all about but fully expect to be totally wrong - that Jakey boy is one fine actor - 8/10

Enemy - Going to watch it again before going online to look at explanations, found it fascinating first time around & think I have an idea what it's all about but fully expect to be totally wrong, Jakey boy is one fine actor - 8/10

Damn good actor, isn't he? Doesn't miss a beat alike Chrisitan Bale.
You'd almost be comfortable just to watch any movie these two guys have chosen to be part of.

I've put forward a Youtube summary of the movie that is perfect and well researched, a page or two back.

Damn good actor, isn't he? Doesn't miss a beat alike Chrisitan Bale.
You'd almost be comfortable just to watch any movie these two guys have chosen to be part of.

I've put forward a Youtube summary of the movie that is perfect and well researched, a page or two back.

Yeah I saw that post, very hard right now to not speak a peak at it but I really need to see the movie again first.

Re Gyllenhaal, I cannot recall every seeing him in a bad flick. I am sure there must be a couple floating around but cannot think of one, & it's a pity sis doesn't get more roles, always liked her as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back