what's the scariest movie you've ever watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not many movies really scare me these days. I did find Lights Out quite creepy though.

To this day both my older sisters cannot watch this.
Frightened the f*** out of me as well but I was about 7 or 8 when I watched it.

Parts 2 and 3 are also available.

The final scene with the daughter waiting for her mom to arrive.....:eek:

The last scene was so frightening. Karen Black was brillant, at the time of posting I couldn't think of the actress.

I avoid scary movies like the plague but went on a date to Paranormal Activity 4ish, the one where they attach a camera to a fan so that it continually pans across the room. A woman in the cinema with a quivering voice called out to the rest of the audience asking for someone to walk her out, no one did :$.

Like most of you I saw some of The Exorcist as a 10 year old peering through the crack in the door as my parents watched it. Later, when I was about 18, I did a marathon watching the movie, the movie with writers commentary and the movie with directors commentary. At about midnight I got into the car to get cheeseburgers from maccas. I was so freaked out I had to make sure Linda Blair wasn't hiding in the back seat of the car.

Watching 28 Days Later in a completely empty cinema, by myself was certainly an experience I'll never forget. Actually watching any film alone at the movies is quite creepy, scary movie or not.

I avoid scary movies like the plague but went on a date to Paranormal Activity 4ish, the one where they attach a camera to a fan so that it continually pans across the room. A woman in the cinema with a quivering voice called out to the rest of the audience asking for someone to walk her out, no one did :$.

You. are kidding.

And lol "4ish".

Trilogy of terror when I was kid

serveimage

Like most of you I saw some of The Exorcist as a 10 year old peering through the crack in the door as my parents watched it. Later, when I was about 18, I did a marathon watching the movie, the movie with writers commentary and the movie with directors commentary. At about midnight I got into the car to get cheeseburgers from maccas. I was so freaked out I had to make sure Linda Blair wasn't hiding in the back seat of the car.

that is scary

Tried watching The Conjuring last night- seemed very creepy.

But I fell asleep around the 1am mark (movie due to finish at 2am)- just couldnt make it. :$

That ****ing doll tho.. very scary.

I went to the cinema to see the Conjuring 2 last year, and could not believe the irresponsible parents who took children aged about 6 or 7 years old to see it. What good could ever come of taking young children to see a movie about the Enfield Poltergeist?

As a member of Generation X, I can firmly state that one television show screened on Channel 10 on Saturday evenings in the late 1980s and very early 1990s beat out any movie for being scary. And this terrifying television show had to be watched by teenagers in this era (myself included), no matter how frightening it was. And if one was not home on a Saturday night, one taped the show and watched later.

The name of the TV Show? Unsolved Mysteries, hosted by the late Robert Stack. There were all sorts of terrifying tales of people vanishing without trace, evil criminals on the run, UFO's, monsters and other cryptids such as Alien Big Cats, unexplained physical phenomena, curses and many, many ghosts. The scariest case I remember was one where a young family purchased a second-hand bunk bed for their two daughters that had some sort of evil presences attached to it, and which quickly turned the house from a normal suburban dwelling into a nightmare. Another scary and disturbing case featured a video tape where an arsonist had filmed an old abandoned building he had set alight ablaze, gloating about it the whole time.

Unsolved Mysteries from this era is far more terrifying than any movie. The opening theme is scary enough. It is on Youtube - watch it late at night before you go to bed - I dare you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to the cinema to see the Conjuring 2 last year, and could not believe the irresponsible parents who took children aged about 6 or 7 years old to see it. What good could ever come of taking young children to see a movie about the Enfield Poltergeist?

Yeah if it's MA there's not much you can do about that. I went to see Black Swan and these idiots behind us had kids as well- no more than 8yo. They were swiftly removed when the lesbian sex scenes started..

I wish I made it thru the whole movie last night, it seemed pretty good. And had Burger from SATC and Lisa from 6FU in it!

Yeah if it's MA there's not much you can do about that. I went to see Black Swan and these idiots behind us had kids as well- no more than 8yo. They were swiftly removed when the lesbian sex scenes started..

I wish I made it thru the whole movie last night, it seemed pretty good. And had Burger from SATC and Lisa from 6FU in it!

Black Swan was a movie about ballet dancers, and it is possible that maybe parents underestimated the content. A work colleague and her husband went to see it, and they were shocked by what the movie contained. Likewise, quite a few Grandmas babysitting the grandkids took them to the cinema back in 2011 and thought that Ted was a fun, family friendly movie about a talking teddy bear and got quite a surprise when they found out what the movie really was about.

But the Conjuring 2 - it is pretty obvious that this is no movie for children.

Black Swan was a movie about ballet dancers, and it is possible that maybe parents underestimated the content. A work colleague and her husband went to see it, and they were shocked by what the movie contained. Likewise, quite a few Grandmas babysitting the grandkids took them to the cinema back in 2011 and thought that Ted was a fun, family friendly movie about a talking teddy bear and got quite a surprise when they found out what the movie really was about.

But the Conjuring 2 - it is pretty obvious that this is no movie for children.

:D

I know the Sausage Party preview was shown during a kids movie.

I disagree re. underestimating content. It's pretty easy to read a review, look up imdb movie board/content or just hey, take a look at the rating and what the movie contains. A worker at the ticket counter should have also warned them.

Unsolved Mysteries as per emuboy

"Join me. Perhaps you may be able to help solve a mystery." Robert Stack RIP I can still hear him saying this as if it was yesterday.

To this day both my older sisters cannot watch this.
Frightened the f*** out of me as well but I was about 7 or 8 when I watched it.

Parts 2 and 3 are also available.

The final scene with the daughter waiting for her mom to arrive.....:eek:

Bingo !
I empathise with your sisters
Scared seven shades of s**t out of me when I was a kid

Anyone seen the new annabelle. My brother text me saying it was a good scare and he's usually hard to impress

its good, but i didnt find it as scary as the trailer made it out to be, if you have seen the first one it ties it in nicely

Got hope really sleepy late last night.
Decided to try to watch the freaky end of part 17 of Twin Peaks The Return on Stan after he goes beyond door 312.
I was so tired barely could keep my eyes open, then the jumping man down stairs scene scared the living crap out of me and woke me up, bolt upright.

I put the lights back on and got a hot drink and stopped watching to calm down and go to bed.
I need to watch this in daylight hours and awake. For some reason it scared me more the second viewing than first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back