When will the Carlton FC Arrive? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be hard to be excited with the coaching group they seem to be putting together if you're a supporter. Hamill,solomon , McCartney all being brought back into the afl system after they couldn't keep there jobs, all worked at poor clubs at the time and all seem very similar. Throw in Voss who seems to have worked on his ability to communicate with players but definitely doesn't strike me as a good game day coach.

The Melbourne 'monologue' was an example of the importance of getting value from your draft picks outside of the first round, which was a follow up of an earlier conversation - something I had suggested Carlton haven't been able to do successfully.

And it wasn't exactly a monologue - it was a list of players in their premiership team fitting that criteria, with a follow up question asking who Carlton's equivalent listed players were.

It was very relevant to the discussion, and I could have used any of the lists of any of the teams that contended this year, as that is a crucial component when building a contending list.

If you can't understand the difference between that and 'her her, your team finished 17th...' (which is explicitly against the Main Board rules), I hope the following provides some clarity:

The Main Board rules state 'Don't attack the team of a poster that posts something you don't like or agree with'.

The Main Board rules do not state 'Posters cannot reference other teams to support statements they make in a thread that is predominantly about a specific team'.
Oh, the old if I do it its OK defence.......
Never stop Fadging, you're special.

I'll see you a Bryce Gibbs and raise you a Mitch McGovern!

Neither club would be happy with the receiving player end of those two trades. Wonder what shape the fat man will turn up to pre season in this year?

Heard some of the boys christened him "Brackets" when he rocked up carrying a bit the other year (he wears no. 11)

One of the better footy club nicknames I've heard :tearsofjoy:

Solomon and McCartney would be awful appointments. Absolutely awful.

McCartney has some intellect, so I reckon he would help.

Solomon is there I guess to reinstall the Blues 'party boy' culture. It is most puzzling.

I like Voss a lot and think he can do a good job. It will take time and he has to clean out a fair few overpaid and under taxed types recruited during the SOS malfunction era. Patience will be required.

Dow, Kennedy, Plow, SPS, LOB, Saad, Stocky, McGovern, Williams, Martin etc are not competitive players. Not all of these are SOS' fault, but he was a less than average List Manager. Under Voss one or two may make it as a disciplined role player. That would be a bonus.

Cripps is a real challenge. Yep he has been terribly hampered by injury and is a B- player at the moment. Worse is his attitude. His fist pumping after a goal late in Q4 when his team was flogged shows he needs a mental reset.

IMO Hewett will easily replace Cripps as the Blues 2nd best mid. George's back operation seems more successful than whatever charcuterie Lygon St butcher stuffed Cripps. Georgie is a solid cake man in any team and is the most important recruit the Blues have made since G Williams.

McCartney has some intellect, so I reckon he would help.

Solomon is there I guess to reinstall the Blues 'party boy' culture. It is most puzzling.

I like Voss a lot and think he can do a good job. It will take time and he has to clean out a fair few overpaid and under taxed types recruited during the SOS malfunction era. Patience will be required.

Dow, Kennedy, Plow, SPS, LOB, Saad, Stocky, McGovern, Williams, Martin etc are not competitive players. Not all of these are SOS' fault, but he was a less than average List Manager. Under Voss one or two may make it as a disciplined role player. That would be a bonus.

Cripps is a real challenge. Yep he has been terribly hampered by injury and is a B- player at the moment. Worse is his attitude. His fist pumping after a goal late in Q4 when his team was flogged shows he needs a mental reset.

IMO Hewett will easily replace Cripps as the Blues 2nd best mid. George's back operation seems more successful than whatever charcuterie Lygon St butcher stuffed Cripps. Georgie is a solid cake man in any team and is the most important recruit the Blues have made since G Williams.
Take Stocker out of your list Horry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His fist pumping after a goal late in Q4 when his team was flogged shows he needs a mental reset.
Huh?? You would think that still being enthusisatic that late in the game was a plus.

Huh?? You would think that still being enthusisatic that late in the game was a plus.

rofl.. it was gross hubris. Fancy celebrating a personal effort in a team game when your mob is being flogged.

For me it was the classic lack of leadership/ all about me Award winner of 2021.

rofl.. it was gross hubris. Fancy celebrating a personal effort in a team game when your mob is being flogged.

For me it was the classic lack of leadership/ all about me Award winner of 2021.

You'd be fist pumping too if you got paid $900K a year to coast through the receiving end of a 2 hour flogging on the weekend. Agree, a proper leader hell bent on victory would not do it.

In his defence, Patrick sprays the ball an awful lot in front of goal, so he is probably overjoyed when the occasional kick sails through for a major.

Crazy Vossy will not doubt inspire the lad to be more team oriented and cut out the 'Look At Me I'm Sandra Dee' nonsense.

Opposition supporters don’t know Liam Stocker from a bar of soap.

Anyway, I’m going to sit back and enjoy some of his more shy and timid moments from season 2021.

You'd be fist pumping too if you got paid $900K a year to coast through the receiving end of a 2 hour flogging on the weekend. Agree, a proper leader hell bent on victory would not do it.

In his defence, Patrick sprays the ball an awful lot in front of goal, so he is probably overjoyed when the occasional kick sails through for a major.

Crazy Vossy will not doubt inspire the lad to be more team oriented and cut out the 'Look At Me I'm Sandra Dee' nonsense.

I hope people drop the 'crazy Vossy' insult. One of my all time time favourite players. Sayers might be an ex PWC moron but his incompetence may have accidentally found the Blues a better coach than Ross or Snarko.

Sadly Cripps is now a solid C+ grader. Hewett will be the 2nd most important mid. he will set the bar for others on mental toughness, two way running and disposal.

Of course George is no star. BUT after years of shyteful recruiting the Blues have nabbed a game and culture changer.

I hope people drop the 'crazy Vossy' insult. One of my all time time favourite players. Sayers might be an ex PWC moron but his incompetence may have accidentally found the Blues a better coach than Ross or Snarko.

Sadly Cripps is now a solid C+ grader. Hewett will be the 2nd most important mid. he will set the bar for others on mental toughness, two way running and disposal.

Of course George is no star. BUT after years of shyteful recruiting the Blues have nabbed a game and culture changer.

shut up, Horrie, you had Hewitt going for 650,000 a year

I am aware this is a stray Carlton Board thread that somehow found its way to the MB.

Nonetheless, could I suggest references to Crazy Vossy be dropped and deleted by the Mods. Ditto references to Fev returning.

Voss is precisely the person the Blues need. For the first time in 20 years they can be relevant beyond being a punchline.

imo 2022 will be remembered as a turning point. They may only get a couple more wins and finish 9th or 10th but all 22 matches will be hard fought. Voss will insist on hardness and a team first mantra.

The many Caramello Bears and me-first players on the list will be found and dispensed with by the end of 2022.

By 2023 Carlton will be a respected team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back