Where does Sicily rate with the longest kicks in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching a few of Sicily's drop punts out of defense and that almighty 2 step torpedo leading to an O'Meara goal, it has me wondering where he ranks with the big kickers of the AFL. Us Hawks are lucky that we've had many a booming kick cycle through our side through recent years, and I honestly have to say I'd rate Sicily one of the best.

He definitely has a longer kick than Suckling and gets it to boot a LOT quicker. In terms of kicking penetration and depth he's up there with Dustin Martin and Buddy for mine.

Is there anyone I'm forgetting?

Can roost them, ol Sis. Not near the biggest though I don't think.

Lets not forget Fitzmagics goal against the pies
Muston did a nice one out of the square too
Burtons JLT goal

That huge Sicily drop punt off a step against the doggies last year was enormous.

that grand final against the dogs in Tassie is always forgotten in the record books and by interstaters complaining about the MCG advantage

Jetta ( west coast ) has a very decent shoe on him when he winds up , and actually gets the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy's field kicking is next level, seriously, seriously under-rated - both INCREDIBLY accurate and well weighted, and routinely 60+ metres.
Seriously, is anything Buddy does deemed underrated? Least of all his kicking? Especially his kicks from out wide from 50 that sail though nearly post high. Bread and butter stuff for him.

Sic and Dusty are probably the two best kicks in the league. They can both kick over defences, hit up team mates
with 40m laser passes and accurate shots for goal.

would love some stats on that monster goal he kicked this weekend on Joey "baby giraffe" Daniher

He kicked it from the edge of the centre square, straight through into the middle of the cheer squad.

Was a roost and a half.

Edit: on the MCG no less, wasn't an SCG outside 40... I mean 50 kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back