Norm Smith Medallist
Richmond Tigers - 2013 Player Sponsor Minecraft
Mar 2, 2009
East of Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Desire
Has had a reprieval this off-season due to a much improved level of output in 2012. Although his kicking still very suspect at times.

May well likely go from best 22, to depth with the arrival of Knights, Edwards and to some degree Pettard , if elevated.

Thoughts?

Has had a reprieval this off-season due to a much improved level of output in 2012. Although his kicking still very suspect at times.

May well likely go from best 22, to depth with the arrival of Knights, Edwards and to some degree Pettard , if elevated.

Being done for drunk and disorderly in the off-season wouldn't have helped his cause.

Thoughts?

A.Edwards got done for drunk and disorderly, not Titch Edwards!

If your post is referring to Titch, not sure what we'll see from him in 2013 to be honest. Had a very good 2012 - seemed to improve as the year wore on and if he can hold that form and even improve, we have a genuine x-factor on our hands and he becomes very important to us. If he goes back to his old habits of shanking at crucial times, etc., he could be at the cross roads. Really interested to see how he performs this year. I get the feeling his best is yet to come (and fwiw, I wrote him off a few years ago).

30-40 goals as a small crumbing forward. Best crumber on the list i'd say.

Sheds = Super tackler and goal-sneak. Getting better every year. Dimma is a huge fan, and it's reciprocated. :thumbsu:

S. Edwards will thrive in the opportunist forward role next year.
He's one of our best endurance athletes, he is super quick with his hands and feet and is a very smart footballer, although sometimes he bites off a bit more than he can chew.

He is a very good contested mark for his size, he knows where the goals are and he isn't afraid to take a hit. He provides good defensive pressure and is not selfish.

When Sheds is in the forward line, it's hard to criticize him.

Trust me, Shane will be a very prominent player for the next few years. Sky's the limit with him.

In our best 18 and is one of the smartest forwards we have had in a long time.

His output is ridiculously consistent and of a good level when played in the forward line.

Is important going forward.

One of about 2-3 players in our best 22 who needs to be upgraded long term IMO. Just can't abide his kicking.

Always been a favorite of mine - my faith was sorely tested a couple of seasons back, but last year he showed once and for all, he's a forward. No running of HBF, no rotating through the midfield. He's got a lot of tricks, and best tonuse them on the forward line where they don't cause too much damage if they go wrong.

His kicking for goal is pretty good, unlike some of his field kicking in the past.

If you could combine the best of Nahas, King and Edwards you would have one hell of a player.

S. Edwards will thrive in the opportunist forward role next year.
He's one of our best endurance athletes, he is super quick with his hands and feet and is a very smart footballer, although sometimes he bites off a bit more than he can chew.

He is a very good contested mark for his size, he knows where the goals are and he isn't afraid to take a hit. He provides good defensive pressure and is not selfish.

When Sheds is in the forward line, it's hard to criticize him.

Trust me, Shane will be a very prominent player for the next few years. Sky's the limit with him.

Had a really solid 2012 didn't he M_R. In the past I'd see flashes and fades but he just seemed to relish the forward roll and grow their. Hope he's given more time there in 2013 cos I really had the feeling he enjoyed it there and could grow stronger with more confidence in that position. Not the only one, quite a few players coming into that 80-100 game bracket where players start to hit their straps and feel they belong. Que. Hommer Drool

Always been a favorite of mine - my faith was sorely tested a couple of seasons back, but last year he showed once and for all, he's a forward. No running of HBF, no rotating through the midfield. He's got a lot of tricks, and best tonuse them on the forward line where they don't cause too much damage if they go wrong.

His kicking for goal is pretty good, unlike some of his field kicking in the past.

If you could combine the best of Nahas, King and Edwards you would have one hell of a player.

he improved last year but he still missed alot of goals he should kick. still needs to get better in this catagory. maybe a bit more composure instead of rushing it too much.

Once moved to the small forward/midfield in round 8 last year he kicked 28 goals, averaged 18.8 disposals and 3 tackles a game. That suggests to me that they finally found his spot in the side. Reckon we will see him go on with that next season.

Finally came good as a forward. Reminds me of Andy Krakoeur but more mobile and bigger tank (Krakoeur had basically no endurance).

As others have said, he's probably the best out of himself, King and Nahas. But King has toughness the others do not and possibly Nahas can be played a bit closer to the centre square as well, so it's not a cut and dried deal. But I don't know if we can have all three in the same team and expect to beat the good sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mods, please close thread. Equus Morro TheColeTrain

failedtroll.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back