Which is your preferred bowling attack of 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've given up hope of that happening, given he's 29 already. He seems headed fown the Tait path.
When he is fit he's better than Starc in unhelpful condiitons IMO, but we won't get to see that tested.

if he is as good as you say he is, he'll get a guernsey at some point.

clarrie grimmett and ryan harris debuted at the age of 30 and still managed 100+ test wickets.

if he is as good as you say he is, he'll get a guernsey at some point.

clarrie grimmett and ryan harris debuted at the age of 30 and still managed 100+ test wickets.
He has to want it though. I love Harris, but his obsession with playing Test cricket was a full-blown self-destructive mania. He is going to spend his golden years far poorer and more crippled than if he'd focused on managing his fitness and maximising his white-ball earning potential.

Most injury-prone players aren't going to have that sort of mentality - nor should they. Guys like Lynn and Tait had red-ball talent in spades, but when they were approaching their 30s they both made the smart move.

Last edited:

He has to want it though. I love Harris, but his obsession with playing Test cricket was a full-blown self-destructive mania. He is going to spend his golden years far poorer and more crippled than if he'd focused on managing his fitness and maximising his white-ball earning potential.

Most injury-prone players aren't going to have that sort of mentality - nor should they. Guys like Lynn and Tait had red-ball talent in spades, but when they were approaching their 30s they both made the smart move.

Maybe Ryan Harris genuinely loved the game and figured he would make a more than comfortable living from test cricket and post career opportunities.

I know who will be remembered as the better cricketer.

Maybe Ryan Harris genuinely loved the game and figured he would make a more than comfortable living from test cricket and post career opportunities.

I know who will be remembered as the better cricketer.
Perhaps. But there is no denying that he left a lot of money on the table, and did a lot of unnecessary damage to his body by doing so.

I just hope he doesn’t regret it in 15-20 years. Plenty of ex-sportsmen will tell you that being fondly remembered by fans doesn’t pay the bills or dull the pain.

Regardless, the point remains that injury prone players are more likely to opt for the Tait path than the Harris one.

I can't believe anyone would pick Starc before Cummins.

To be fair, it’s more obvious (Starc selection) than the battle of the RHF options in the battery.
Once you take a closer look and remember Cummins is #1 in the world you pick him instantly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a contest imo.

Cummins, Hazlewood, Lyon, Starc in that order.

Pattinson bowled well in Melbourne but wasn’t great in the Ashes or in Sydney.

Those saying never playing two spinners - that’s suicide in Asia against decent opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back