Who do you want to win the Grand Final?

Who do you want to win the Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't understand why neutrals (particularly from Vic) would want anything less than another Vic team winning three flags in a row? I thought it was pretty natural for people to go for the underdog which is obviously west coast in this case?

Oh, lock in West Coast for me Eddie. :thumbsu:

Hanging but Hawks ......ooh that means err ......s**t are we in the grand final ?

Bloody hell how did that happen?

:eek::D

Hawthorn

Don't care about wa pride or anything like that. I just couldn't stand being in Wa if the Eagles won. Plus it's a rivalry for a reason - I'm sure west coast fans couldn't give a stuff if we go for them or not, but they probably would rather we didn't

Rather freo win than Hawks if they were playing each other .....I hate the vics

And before anytime says shuey and gaff or Victorians .....nup ...once your drafted and cross the Nullarbor on the bird and wear an Eagles jumper you're a west Aussie

Judd was a west Aussie now he's Victorian ...it's an uncomplicated and simple formula :)

My wife is from Victoria ....we live here in wa ...she's west Aussie ...simple got it ?

I'm going for Hawthorn because it means more than just a premiership.
It's a shot at total greatness and immortality that is just so rare in modern football. Win this one and put them down as the greatest side of the modern era. Brisbane's was good but when you consider the mechanisms and changing landscape of football, winning in this current format is worth so much more. Free agency, no extra salary cap concessions, expansion sides that compromised the drafts and lost arguably a generational player like Lance Franklin.
Plus the amount of champions they have well into their 30s playing to such an elite level is quite amazing.

I'm sick of both.

Is the WCE system designed to net them a flag once every decade? They seem to dive, spend a few years on the bottom getting top picks, jump up, win a flag, then retreat to the bottom again to repeat the process.

1994 - 2006 - 2015.
I dont know if that is the plan - but if it is - i like it - chuck the odd threepeat in and ill happily sign off today

I'm going for Hawthorn because it means more than just a premiership.
It's a shot at total greatness and immortality that is just so rare in modern football. Win this one and put them down as the greatest side of the modern era. Brisbane's was good but when you consider the mechanisms and changing landscape of football, winning in this current format is worth so much more. Free agency, no extra salary cap concessions, expansion sides that compromised the drafts and lost arguably a generational player like Lance Franklin.
Plus the amount of champions they have well into their 30s playing to such an elite level is quite amazing.

Is it really rare?

Since we became a national competition (1990), we have had Adelaide (1997/1998), BL (2001-2003), Geelong (2007, 2009, 2011) and now the Hawks.

Throw in WCE and Sydney battling in 2005/2006.

If anything, I think the modern era is conducive to teams dominating for several years.

A geelong fan believe hawks will win? not sure if this is real life or sarcasm! ahahaha
A lot of us believe hawks will win, in fact they may as well not even play because they have already got it in the bag. But yes I hope to high heavens the eagles get up. It's like in footy tipping where you pick the one you know you'll get right but you barrack for the underdog anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast. I grew out of the unavailing rivalry mindset a long time ago.

The real question is who does the AFL want to win?

Well we know they picked who they wanted to play in the GF. Can you imagine how much money and interest they would of lost nation-wide if it was a Derby GF or a Fremantle V North Melbourne GF? VIC King Gil would of been sweating all of last week.

Will be funny to see how he reacts next year when 7/8 teams occupying the 8 aren't from Victoria.

Prefer Eagles to win rather than Hawks and hope for a game worth watching as a spectacle. Shuey win the Norm Smith and Kennedy kicking 5 goals would be ok to see and Adam Simpson the premiership coach is the person I will feel happiest for. He is just a quality person and quality coach.

Obviously for the neutrals, I for one will welcome our friends from the West.

You give up your right to be neutral when you make a preference for one team over an other.

I also want to see Hawthorn wear the power ranger outfit for the lolz.

Well I have to agree on this one, marketing department had a brain fade. Perhaps it's in situations like this that we should be thankful that the GF is not broadcast live in HD?

If the Hawks win we will have to put up with 100 different GOAT threads. If the Eagles win we will have to put up with the talks of an upcoming dynasty, how premiership ruck Natanui was robbed of AA, and how they are a lock for next year because theyl have Mackenzie back.

Its probably best the AFL call off this game to keep bigfooty more peaceful.

You give up your right to be neutral when you make a preference for one team over an other.

Well I have to agree on this one, marketing department had a brain fade. Perhaps it's in situations like this that we should be thankful that the GF is not broadcast live in HD?
I said the thread was for the neutrals, and as I neutral I'm more than entitled to choose a team.

Jack_the_Ninja said:
Conspiracy Theory I love it ! I suspect the AFL briefs the umpires before the game with the usual...Look after WCE because 1. We distribute the least money ( $9 Mill when the rest are 12 + ) to them and are the smallest leech on the coffers. 2. Back in 87 they saved the VFL with their huge entry fee to the competition. 3. Have Auzzie the Eagle which no other club can boast. 4. Aren't Freo. 5. Don't complain and whinge like other clubs over unfair treatment we have received with the Fixtures and final home ground allotments. 6. Did I mention pay our own way and don't cry out for special treatment.
AFL would have egg on their face if at least one WA team didn't make it through. Not saying Eagles didn't play well second half but umps started your momentum with some dubious calls. We'll never know the real outcome.

Perhaps it's in situations like this that we should be thankful that the GF is not broadcast live in HD?
This Grand Final will be simulcast on 7mate therefore shown live in HD

I just want a close grand final - last year's decider was over before half time, so hopefully on Saturday we see something similar to the Eagles' last 2 grand finals against Sydney in 2005 and 2006, or the 2012 classic between the Hawks and Swans. I'll be barracking for the Eagles, but if the Hawks happen to get up and complete the 3-peat, they'll deserve all the accolades that will inevitably come their way.

At least the Melbourne weather looks sensational for Saturday, so there won't be any excuses for either side, for not playing their best footy.

Back