Who passes the 1 meter test?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Incident last night when Brown from GWS and Markov were converging on the ball. Brown took short steps, Markov didn't. Won the contest and may have won them the game.

Kingy was just saying Pagan called this the 1m test. Are you willing to put your body on the line in that small space.

The Daicos brothers often fail this test but are still guns.

But who on our list passes? These arethe ones that jump to mind, or who have form.

Pass: Wardlaw, Turner, McDonald, Shiels, Howe, Sheezel, Greenwood, Scott, Curtis, Phillips, Thomas, Ford, Archer, Zuhaar, Larkey, Xerri, Simpkin

Questions: LDU, Powell, Logue, Taylor, Corr

Confirmed cat: Stephenson

Powell had this situation against Draper (I think) and went at it, while Draper backed out.

I reckon that Taylor puts his body on the line a bit but he's just not strong.

Logue goes pretty hard at it.

LDU took a lot of criticism for misjudging a high ball that was swirling and moving through the shadows, earlier this season.

Stevo is a cat. Not ideal but you can have a cat or two if they run all day and have skills.

Powell had this situation against Draper (I think) and went at it, while Draper backed out.

I reckon that Taylor puts his body on the line a bit but he's just not strong.

Logue goes pretty hard at it.

LDU took a lot of criticism for misjudging a high ball that was swirling and moving through the shadows, earlier this season.

Stevo is a cat. Not ideal but you can have a cat or two if they run all day and have skills.
And the very next opportunity he had to do the same thing he steeled himself for contact and went hard at it. No one else competed tho. But imo LDU didn't know (or care) about that. He went anyway.

Incident last night when Brown from GWS and Markov were converging on the ball. Brown took short steps, Markov didn't. Won the contest and may have won them the game.

Kingy was just saying Pagan called this the 1m test. Are you willing to put your body on the line in that small space.

The Daicos brothers often fail this test but are still guns.

But who on our list passes? These arethe ones that jump to mind, or who have form.

Pass: Wardlaw, Turner, McDonald, Shiels, Howe, Sheezel, Greenwood, Scott, Curtis, Phillips, Thomas, Ford, Archer, Zuhaar, Larkey, Xerri, Simpkin

Not as easy to call these days, if one player feels they'll be a split second late it could cost them 2-3 weeks.

Not as easy to call these days, if one player feels they'll be a split second late it could cost them 2-3 weeks.
Game has changed players are scared they will get suspended for innocuous things. It’s not natural anymore you can’t just see ball get ball you have to think about the outcome unfortunately of what might happen if you injure someone, some teams are exonerated from this however.

How can you forget that Powell gather and spin against Draper, mate. Was a magnificent moment. Whether it boosts him into the pass mark group might be a matter of opinion, because to be honest he doesn't do a ton of hard stuff, Tommy.

I'd have Scott, Curtis and Larkey in the question mark group, just because I can't recall a moment for any of them in which they unequivocally showed that courage. Happy to be corrected on that

Riddell, Garner, Mia King, Bresenehan, Ferguson, O'Shea, Kearney, Bruton, Randall, Smith & Wright. :)
Id add Gatty to that list too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back