• Pick 31 Bailey Fritsch

• Pick 38 Jack Petruccelle

• Pick 45 James Worpel

• Pick 57 Gryan Miers

• Pick 76 Matt Guelfi

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Of the options it's Worpel.

Brandon Zerk-Thatcher has only played the one game but has looked extremely promising in the VFL so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see him finish next season as best 22 for us honestly.

Okay draft for us considering we didn't enter it until 49 and even that was a miss. Guelfi and especially BZT are good gets for that range. I think BZT will become a factor in this thread in years to come. Reminds me of Carlisle.

Right now it's Worpel by some distance with Miers and Fritsch next in line. Also think Allen will make a case in coming years.

Best & Fairest Wins

20 year old James Worpel - 1
25 year old Tim Kelly - 0
Other 2017 draftees - 0

Congratulations to those who voted for Worpel! :)

Irrelevant to the thread. Deflection noted. Kelly > Worpel.
Your sad little attempt to derail this thread was more irrelevant still, yet I generously supplied you with a response.

I also fail to see what West Coast midfielder Tim Kelly has to do with this, as a mature-age selection he was not included in the poll.

Now we know Tim Kelly's market price - he's gone from pick 24 to pick 14, a likely late future first, pick 24, pick 33 (with pick 52 and a mid-late future 3rd going the other way).

To assess the relative 'steal value': would anyone now be happy to give up pick 14, a late future first, pick 33, and Worpel's original pick 45 for Worpel + 2 x pick ~50 going back?

He's good but he's not worth that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now we know Tim Kelly's market price - he's gone from pick 24 to pick 14, a likely late future first, pick 24, pick 33 (with pick 52 and a mid-late future 3rd going the other way).

To assess the relative 'steal value': would anyone now be happy to give up pick 14, a late future first, pick 33, and Worpel's original pick 45 for Worpel + 2 x pick ~50 going back?

He's good but he's not worth that.

If you add up all the points, they're not even equivalent to pick 1 @ 3,000 points.....Cause that's what Worpel would go at right now in that draft.

Your argument looks strong, but it's actually the fallacy of composition....His total draft points in that deal would see Kelly go at pick 3-4....Which , given his age at 25, is about right, up against a 20 year old club Best & Fairest.

Oh well, close but no cigar.

If you add up all the points, they're not even equivalent to pick 1 @ 3,000 points.....Cause that's what Worpel would go at right now in that draft.

Your argument looks strong, but it's actually the fallacy of composition....His total draft points in that deal would see Kelly go at pick 3-4....Which , given his age at 25, is about right, up against a 20 year old club Best & Fairest.

Tim Kelly would 100% be the first picked up in that draft if it were held today. Worpel would be top 10, maybe top 5, but best in the draft? Please.

Tim Kelly would 100% be the first picked up in that draft if it were held today. Worpel would be top 10, maybe top 5, but best in the draft? Please.

Yep....5 years younger & with a way bigger projected up-side....Did I mention he's already won a B&F?

Worpel all day, everyday.....With Kelly coming inside the Top 5, owing to his age.

The hypothetical picks for Worpel are worth ~ pick 2. And I dare say you aren't getting any takers for that trade.

Meanwhile the trade for Kelly which we can say with 100% certainty would happen, because it has, is worth > pick 1.

That's also ignoring Kelly's 2 elite years he's already had, compared to 1 good year by Worpel.

Oh well.

The hypothetical picks for Worpel are worth ~ pick 2. And I dare say you aren't getting any takers for that trade.

Meanwhile the trade for Kelly which we can say with 100% certainty would happen, because it has, is worth > pick 1.

That's also ignoring Kelly's 2 elite years he's already had, compared to 1 good year by Worpel.

Oh well.

So you're comparing a hypothetical - made up in your head - to pick 3 for Kelly....Not to mention a 5 year gap in Worpedo's favour.

Good luck selling that.

Kelly is still very clearly the steal of the Draft although with his end to the season i think Worpel did close the gap a little. Will be interesting to watch over the next 3-5 years though to see if it stays that way, wouldn't be too surprised to see Worpel continue to improve and he may be the answer by then.

Clear top two though with daylight to 3.

Back