Preview Next Gold Coast Suns coach - Stuart Dew.

Who will be the next Gold Coast Suns coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Before they hire a coach, I'd suggest attracting someone outside of AFL football to play on an inflated contract. Maybe a current NFL player, or someone who used to be on Home and Away.

At least then someone might give a s**t about the club.

Before they hire a coach, I'd suggest attracting someone outside of AFL football to play on an inflated contract. Maybe a current NFL player, or someone who used to be on Home and Away.

At least then someone might give a s**t about the club.
Yeah nice

We will take that on board thanks :)

Voted Simon Lloyd

My wish would be for Shaun Hart - not even on the list

Jake King could sort some of them out :eek:

John Barker is a bemusing choice for sure. He's the stoppages coach of the worst clearance team in the league and during his spell as caretaker coach oversaw the greatest losing margin in the club's 120 year history.

But hey he did some coaching course so he must be good right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Barker is a bemusing choice for sure. He's the stoppages coach of the worst clearance team in the league and during his spell as caretaker coach oversaw the greatest losing margin in the club's 120 year history.

But hey he did some coaching course so he must be good right?
Took over a team that was 1-7 and completely miserable and won 3 more games and started playing a far better style of footy moving the ball, scoring and defending more assertively. Yeah they got completely wiped by Hawthorn but I think some important groundwork was laid for Bolton and it was far better than when Mick was there.

And it's hard to win clearances with a below average tap ruckman, Gibbs not really wanting to be there, Murphy not exactly a clearance midfielder, Cripps injured and no other midfielders of any note.

Gold Coast need a coach who is up on modern day tactics, it's too hard to measure progress unless you have a style that is consistent for the players to play to. Whether he has the experience and man management to lead the club is an entire different question.

I really hope it is Lloyd as he is a significant point of difference but think that it will be Barker given the Carlton connection.
Think the race is down to three between Dew, Barker and Kingsley. I haven't really heard Lloyd being linked to the job. Wouldn't surprise me if Barker got it, I predicted he would get it when I started this thread.

Think the race is down to three between Dew, Barker and Kingsley. I haven't really heard Lloyd being linked to the job. Wouldn't surprise me if Barker got it, I predicted he would get it when I started this thread.
Of your last three, I would prefer Kingsley even though my choice would be Lloyd if he was interested. However if it is one of your nominated three, then they need an experienced person from outside the Suns to come in with them Eg Neil Balme type position and person

They might want to speed up the process, going to get nowhere in the trade period without a coach.
No players are going to want to go there either as the situation currently stands.

Back