Prediction Who will finish higher - Melbourne, Essendon, Adelaide or Hawthorn

Who finishes higher in 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he is meaning to say that we comfortably beat the premiers at their homeground (completely blew them away in the first quarter)
and lost to Carlton too

So therefore Carlton > Essendon > West Coast

So what point were you trying to prove by saying we lost to Hawthorn? Something like this? Brisbane > Hawthorn > Essendon > West Coast ?
what I am saying is over the course of a whole season Essendon are a rung below the top teams. Add to the fact that when the season is on the line they go missing ala the first half of 2018 and the Hawthorn game late in the season.

Now yes you have picked up well with Shiel but the problem is the top 4 teams have all improved their teams form the finals with Collingwood getting Beams, Melbourne getting May, Richmond getting Lynch and WCE getting back Gaff & NikNat. So I can't see you catching the top 4 teams

what I am saying is over the course of a whole season Essendon are a rung below the top teams. Add to the fact that when the season is on the line they go missing ala the first half of 2018 and the Hawthorn game late in the season.

Now yes you have picked up well with Shiel but the problem is the top 4 teams have all improved their teams form the finals with Collingwood getting Beams, Melbourne getting May, Richmond getting Lynch and WCE getting back Gaff & NikNat. So I can't see you catching the top 4 teams
We get Shiel and Daniher. That is more of an improvement than any of those teams. Melbourne also lost Hogan, Richmond lost depth, Nik Nat won’t be back til late in the season

We get Shiel and Daniher. That is more of an improvement than any of those teams. Melbourne also lost Hogan, Richmond lost depth, Nik Nat won’t be back til late in the season
Daniher was playing when you were s**t. In fact you played better when he was out of the side.

Losing to Hawks by 4 points is going missing now?

Daniher was playing when you were s**t. In fact you played better when he was out of the side.
You’re pretty silly if you think Daniher not being in the side was the reason we did well. Suppose you wouldn’t want an AA 60+ goals a year forward in your side?

You’re pretty silly if you think Daniher not being in the side was the reason we did well. Suppose you wouldn’t want an AA 60+ goals a year forward in your side?
We did more than ok without a 60+ goal AA player in our side.

Plus he has only done that once in his career, lets see if he can do it again before you get carried away

Yep. When the pressure is on Esendon buckle.

In round 19 2017 when Melbourne were fighting for a spot in the top 8 in a close season, they lost to 15th placed North Melbourne by 4 points. You then lost to 13th placed Collingwood in the last round to end your finals hopes. If that isn't going missing/buckling under pressure when it counts I don't know what is.

But Melbourne were able to overcome their mental fragility in 2018 to win two finals (lets not mention the prelim).

I am backing the bombers to do similarly in 2019.

In round 19 2017 when Melbourne were fighting for a spot in the top 8 in a close season, they lost to 15th placed North Melbourne by 4 points. You then lost to 13th placed Collingwood in the last round to end your finals hopes. If that isn't going missing/buckling under pressure when it counts I don't know what is.

But Melbourne were able to overcome their mental fragility in 2018 to win two finals (lets not mention the prelim).

I am backing the bombers to do similarly in 2019.
It’s like Melbourne supporters collectively wiped their memories of what they were prior to this year’s finals series. Same as Richmond supporters post 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. When the pressure is on Esendon buckle.
You said they went missing. Now you’re saying they buckle under pressure.

We only lost 4 games after that Carlton loss. We were under pressure throughout the whole second half and managed to do well.

Again, did you forget what you were prior to this years finals series? Hardly beat a top 8 side and consistently buckled under pressure (eg both Geelong losses).

You said they went missing. Now you’re saying they buckle under pressure.

We only lost 4 games after that Carlton loss. We were under pressure throughout the whole second half and managed to do well.

Again, did you forget what you were prior to this years finals series? Hardly beat a top 8 side and consistently buckled under pressure (eg both Geelong losses).

There was no pressure for most of the second half of the year. Your putrid first half of the year took care of that.

Thats when you played well. Then when the expectation came back you went missing and lost to Hawthorn.

Not sure what your arguement with Melbourne is exactly. That we have proven we can be a top 4 side and win big games? Either way, until Essendon prove they can win big important games there is NO way with any confidence you could have them above any of the other teams in this group

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There was no pressure for most of the second half of the year. Your putrid first half of the year took care of that.

Thats when you played well. Then when the expectation came back you went missing and lost to Hawthorn.

Not sure what your arguement with Melbourne is exactly. That we have proven we can be a top 4 side and win big games? Either way, until Essendon prove they can win big important games there is NO way with any confidence you could have them above any of the other teams in this group

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Lol your arguments are all over the place. Winning big home and away games has never been our problem. We literally beat more top 8 sides than Melbourne did this year.

Losing to the likes of Carlton, Bulldogs and Fremantle every single year is the problem.

If you are going to use an argument, at least use the correct argument.

Beating bottom teams and winning a final is the problem. Not making finals or winning crunch games during the home and away season. You're talking like we struggle making finals. We've been doing that for years, hence the whole reference to jekyll and hyde.

Since joining as hawthorn coach - Clarkson has improved our finishing position compared to previous season every year except 2009, 2016 and 2017.

Phwoar.

2018 was an important transition year for us I think. Back to an upward trend.

Yep back to winning premierships by 2020. Such is life

Lol your arguments are all over the place. Winning big home and away games has never been our problem. We literally beat more top 8 sides than Melbourne did this year.

Losing to the likes of Carlton, Bulldogs and Fremantle every single year is the problem.

If you are going to use an argument, at least use the correct argument.

Beating bottom teams and winning a final is the problem. Not making finals or winning crunch games during the home and away season. You're talking like we struggle making finals. We've been doing that for years, hence the whole reference to jekyll and hyde.
How many top eight sides did you beat in 2018 ?

Not true.

When we beat Adelaide in round 9 they were in the top 8 entering that game.

You also said 2018, you didn't stipulate the home & away season. After-all, it's not our fault you didn't play finals.

Final tally for 2018: Melbourne 5, Essendon 4.

Not being a smart arse - but if you are going to include Adelaide since they were in the top 8 when you beat them - have you gone back and checked all that Essendon might have beaten that then fell out of the 8?

Tyson is outside class? Is there another Tyson running around in the AFL right now?
hehe yeah, was hopeless as an outside player. Can only play inside and isn't as good there as Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, Harmes etc.

Back