Essendon and North Melbourne - who finishes higher in 2023?

Who finishes higher in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Last 2 pages are essentially back to back posts from Bombers supporters talking about how they're totally not obsessed with North lol
I've got to admit it's a little embarrassing the way we desperately tell everyone how irrelevant North are to us, especially considering a number of our "real" rivals would probably say the exact same thing about us. I've got no problem saying I don't like North. They don't like us so I don't like them.

Pretending other clubs are beneath us is lame considering our own lack of on-field relevance for the best part of 20 years.

I've got to admit it's a little embarrassing the way we desperately tell everyone how irrelevant North are to us, especially considering a number of our "real" rivals would probably say the exact same thing about us. I've got no problem saying I don't like North. They don't like us so I don't like them.

Pretending other clubs are beneath us is lame considering our own lack of on-field relevance for the best part of 20 years.
Except our actual rivals don't say that, period. In fact most clubs don't like us.

I don't pretend any club is beneath us. I'm saying some are rivals (the four I listed) and 13 others aren't.

It isn't desperation. It's a statement of fact.

Agreed, Bombers are very s**t

Except our actual rivals don't say that, period. In fact most clubs don't like us.

I don't pretend any club is beneath us. I'm saying some are rivals (the four I listed) and 13 others aren't.

It isn't desperation. It's a statement of fact.
I'd imagine plenty of Hawthorn and Richmond fans don't give us much thought. Sure they probably think we're scum or whatever because of the drugs saga but that's about it. They've been busy winning premierships and being involved in other big games against clubs not named Essendon. Both probably hate a club like Geelong more than us from what I've seen.

The only rivalry that seems genuinely heated from both sides is Carlton. Not a coincidence that we've both been s**t for a long time.

I'd imagine plenty of Hawthorn and Richmond fans don't give us much thought. Sure they probably think we're scum or whatever because of the drugs saga but that's about it. They've been busy winning premierships and being involved in other big games against clubs not named Essendon. Both probably hate a club like Geelong more than us from what I've seen.

The only rivalry that seems genuinely heated from both sides is Carlton. Not a coincidence that we've both been s**t for a long time.
Hawthorne have a three part thread dedicated to us that started at the start of their three peat.

Like, of all the clubs you could have picked, you picked the one that is undoubtedly a massive rival. If you doubt that, take 5 minutes to look at their preview thread. It's all you'll need.

Obviously.
north supporters, even when you agree with all three of them they still want to argue.
Well if you'd rather talk about these unheard of teams in some foreign "sport" go for it.

I for one look forward to Bard telling everyone how on track things are when you finish 11th or 12th this year.

I doubt we'll go that high this year but in 2024 when youse are pushing 9th we'll be winning a final or three.

Well if you'd rather talk about these unheard of teams in some foreign "sport" go for it.

I for one look forward to Bard telling everyone how on track things are when you finish 11th or 12th this year.

I doubt we'll go that high this year but in 2024 when youse are pushing 9th we'll be winning a final or three.
WTF are you on about ? Unheard of teams, you brought up bowls clubs and airports. Have you swallowed a fur ball ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol

North are obsessed with Essendon in a sorry attempt to stay relevant.

There is no bad blood from Essendon supporters.

The only time I've been annoyed at losing to North is when Ben Brown kicked 4, Joe Daniher had a breakout game somewhat also kicking 4 but losing to a team that overachieved and made a prelim softened the blow.

Thats the only time I've been bitter losing to the hopping mammals

I think North Melbourne just.

Both bottom 6 sides at the moment, probably bottom 4.

I fear for Essendon next season. Haven't properly bottomed out and their list just isn't exciting. Huge holes down back.

North on paper have a better list.
What's even more hilarious than this post was your follow ups declaring you weren't a troll. 😳😳

I think North Melbourne just.

Both bottom 6 sides at the moment, probably bottom 4.

I fear for Essendon next season. Haven't properly bottomed out and their list just isn't exciting. Huge holes down back.

North on paper have a better list.

Happy with our draw

Clarko at the helm

Fully fit list

We are going to be the collingwood of 2022

Not at all trolling.

You have significantly underestimated where Norths list is heading.

Davies-Uniacke trajectory and ceiling is higher than any Essendon player. Simpkin is an absolute gun and is 24 years old. Add in a full time Cunnington and they have a pretty good midfield. Mckay is also an A grade defender, which again is something Essendon dont have.

Your also underestimating these blokes all coming through together:

Larkey
Zurhaar
Thomas
Powell

The three aces up their sleeve are also Phillips, Sheezel and Wardlaw. We see now that top top end talent can make an impact immediately.

How Logue fits in will be interesting, but a mix of Mckay, Logue, Mcdonald and Corr is a fair bit to work with.

The draw this year is a moot point. Bottom 3 of this year twice is a nice bonus for Essendon. its 6 50/50 games. You finished bottom 4 last year.

Also factor in dons have used car salesman norths sloppy seconds brad scott

Whereas we have 4 time premiership coach clarko

Lets break that down a little:

Mcgrath - What has happened here? Stagnated massively. Needs a massive 2023 considering he was picked in front of Mcgluggage
Draper - Future star
Parish - Hit and miss. Seems as though Essendon fans could take him or leave him
Langford - Entering his 9th season and has really done nothing. One season of 20+ average possessions - Plodder
Caldwell - Yet to be determined how he goes
Ridley - Solid player, Looks promising
Laverde - See Langford
Wright - Good player, is it sustainable?
Durham - Yet to be determine how we goes
Redman - Good player
Zerk-Thatcher - Played less than 30 games in 5 years, hard to tell

The rest are kids. Perkins probably looks the best of the lot. Tsatsas might end up A grade.

Theres a hell of a lot of middle tier players in the list you mentioned. Plus Stringer, Setterfield and Shiel who are also B graders.

I just feel its really on the brink at Essendon.

I just think North have a higher ceiling, and have had players come along in key positions at a critical time, giving Clarko plenty to work with in all areas of the ground. Having Larkey, Mckay, LDU, Simpkin all in key areas of the ground gives great structure. Essendon just dont have that.

Norths list age is heavily skewed by Goldstein, who will finish up in 2023, and even then the whole "older, more experienced" angle has been completely debunked in recent years. Ziebell will finish up too.

I honestly dont know how you can say that Essendon will be so much better than North. it will be very close.

As mentioned previously, the ceiling of some of Norths younger players, who are entering their prime now, is just simply higher than Essendons.

Inferior midfield lol

No team in the comp is stopping LDU Simpkin Phillips Powell Wardlaw Sheezel in 2 years time

With other high end talent in Sleevo and Thomas rotating through mid and forward

North Melbourne.

Better list, far superior coach.

Lol comparing our youth to essendons isn’t even worth discussing

We are comparing our youth to the best in the comp like a Sydney or gc

Just enjoy 2023 maybe being the final year you finish above us for a long time

Just look at this midfield LDU Simpkin Wardlaw Powell Phillips Thomas. That’s dynasty like with clarko

Sheezel and sleevo rotating from the forward line to the mids also

LDU Simpkin Phillips Thomas Powell and Wardlaw

Coming up against Hobbs, Perkins, Tsatas, Martin and caldwell

I’ll happily back what we have in the mids going forward

Larkey and McKay at either end again I’ll take them over 2m Peter and Laverde

Then we get to the mid sized players Sheezel, Zurhaar, Stephenson against what Durham d’ambrossio and McGrath

Don’t worry this time next year it will be fairly obvious

Call me Nostradamus
Quoted for posterity

North have two KPP's born since the turn of the century. From a side that's been rebuilding since 2019.

One is a forward/ruck averaging 4.6 disposals, 1.1 marks, 4.1 hitouts a game in the VFL whilst having kicked 2 goals 3 this year.

I don't know how anyone expected anything differently. Brad Scott as coach basically a cheat code to endless mid-table finishes with disappointing season finishes.

I watched every Essendon game this year… we were absolute trash, a rabble. No plan, no leadership, no direction.

We won five more games than North.

North are all-time bad. One of the worst teams in a generation.

And this year (so far) we've won seven more games that North.

We've already won two more than last year which is a useful improvement, but we need to get better.

North won two last year and are stuck dead on two again this year. There's some argument to say they haven't improved.

lol

horrible take.

Sure we are a s**t football club and have been for ages, but we certainly have proper rivals. Collingwood, Cartlon and Hawthorn would be the Top 3.

Hawthorn as an example was developed in the 80's, line in the sand match and further ignited when Lloyd put one through Sewells head. Anyone who is 20 + would have grown up with that rivalry.

It's not beneath us to say North are not seen as a rival for many of us, like others have said its just a statement of fact.

Back