Who will finish higher - West Coast, Adelaide or Geelong?

Who finishes higher in 2017

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All have question marks over them.

Will Adelaide's midfield see any significant improvement likely from the Crouch's?

Can West Coast perform consistantly away from home, particularly against better sides?

Can Geelong curb the inconsistency that cost them several vital games they realistically should have won?

Hard to say, all SHOULD finish in the top 6 with thier quality especially considering Hawthorn should have a bit of a drop off losing Mitchell and Lewis.

I'll say Geelong

All have question marks over them.

Will Adelaide's midfield see any significant improvement likely from the Crouch's?

Can West Coast perform consistantly away from home, particularly against better sides?

Can Geelong curb the inconsistency that cost them several vital games they realistically should have won?

Hard to say, all SHOULD finish in the top 6 with thier quality especially considering Hawthorn should have a bit of a drop off losing Mitchell and Lewis.

I'll say Geelong
Very good post and you nailed it. :thumbsu:

The big thing with our fixture next year is we only play 3 'better sides' away (Hawks, GWS & Bulldogs) We've got pretty good form away against all our other 'away' teams
That type of draw was 'rigged' in GWS's favour last year.

The big thing with our fixture next year is we only play 3 'better sides' away (Hawks, GWS & Bulldogs) We've got pretty good form away against all our other 'away' teams
After seeing this post I checked your draw.... And wow I think you blokes are odds on for top 4. Playing teams like us, the crows and the swans only once at home is a big boost.

Umm yeah
After considering my position carefully, and the fact we've never beaten you, I reluctantly concede I wouldn't bitch too much if you claimed good form against us as well.

That type of draw was 'rigged' in GWS's favour last year.

Honestly the draw does have an impact. Our draw is noticeably easier then last year (as you would expect with the poorer finish). Certainly does not guarantee a flag but it does make it easier to get higher finish in the top 8.

If Lycett comes back early in the season and Mitchell can help free up Shuey and Gaff we have a chance.

Adelaide are the most one dimensional good team in the league. Even if they do well over the season the top teams will figure them out just like Geelong, West Coast and Sydney did unless they change the way they play.

West Coast should be around about the same as last season without NicNat but with Mitchell, maybe a little bit down.

Geelong didn't really address the biggest issue (forward line) but at least somewhat fixed an issue in connection to it (lack of run, particularly out of defence).

We did finish ahead of West Coast and Adelaide and beat them comfortably, and we haven't really gone backwards. Can't see why we shouldn't finish higher than them again. Duncan and Guthrie both had career high average disposals in 2016, while they didn't take a leap forward it's very harsh to suggest they went backwards.

Geelong or WC. What are we missing? A midfield that won't let Sydney's trio get 120 possies again and a winning culture.
Harsh on your club but fair.... And don't stress it mate the swines did it to us too.

With the loss of kersten and vardy our foward depth as a squad is worse...And our lack of a good second key forward I think will hurt again :(
Adelaide are the most one dimensional good team in the league. Even if they do well over the season the top teams will figure them out just like Geelong, West Coast and Sydney did unless they change the way they play.

West Coast should be around about the same as last season without NicNat but with Mitchell, maybe a little bit down.

Geelong didn't really address the biggest issue (forward line) but at least somewhat fixed an issue in connection to it (lack of run, particularly out of defence).

We did finish ahead of West Coast and Adelaide and beat them comfortably, and we haven't really gone backwards. Can't see why we shouldn't finish higher than them again. Duncan and Guthrie both had career high average disposals in 2016, while they didn't take a leap forward it's very harsh to suggest they went backwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah
Althoygh honestly seeing him play at Spotless last year was a treat. First time I've seen him play, the bastard.
Yea that was a great performance and ending from him... Was in the top couple of games all year I reckon.

Honestly the draw does have an impact. Our draw is noticeably easier then last year (as you would expect with the poorer finish). Certainly does not guarantee a flag but it does make it easier to get higher finish in the top 8.

If Lycett comes back early in the season and Mitchell can help free up Shuey and Gaff we have a chance.
Let's not forget Sheed didn't play till the latter part of the season with no pre season, Redden didnt contribute as he also had no pre season.. Jetta never got going and Duggan had second year blues. 10% improvement from those players and the midfield rotation looks significantly more dangerous. :D

That. and our draw looks delicious.

Geelong will drop. Key players retired including an All Australian. Not much talent coming through either.

West Coast will be about the same. Underachieved last year but Naitanui won them games.

Adelaide are also about the same but will take Geelong spot in the top 4. Bulldogs or West Coast for Hawthorns spot.

Not sure if it makes much difference but by all training reports we look a lot more sharper this time this year compared to last year less sluggish and fairly intensive sessions

Geelong will stagnate but similar as 2016, they won't really be a serious premiership contender. Danger, Selwood, Hawkins and Taylor have the tools to deliver the wins needed to make top four, but they won't be taken very seriously for most of the year.

Adelaide I don't see enough short term upside to deliver more wins, so I think they may fall back a bit and remain in the 5th to 8th range.

West Coast should win most, if not all home games and should make the eight. I won't go as far to say as they will, but I think there is a decent chance they go top four. Their midfield is crazy good - Priddis, Mitchell, Shuey and Gaff are an amazing top four and most would expect Sheed to have a breakout year also. They have the forward power, and their back line is still very very good. With all this, they are missing their most important player for the year but with an entire pre-season to prepare, I think Simpson should have some weight on his shoulders because he has a very good team to work with here.

Geelong to drop.

West Coast and Adelaide pretty close in the top 6.

2016 predictions.

1. Hawthorn. List is still just too good. It's actually a bit annoying now.
2. North Melbourne. Very experienced. Think they're primed for an assault this year.
3. West Coast. Quality list, will be interesting to see if they can back it up. Getting Mckenzie back should help with that.
4. Fremantle. Last real crack at it for a while I think. Fyfe back for a full season will help.
5. Sydney. Tippett and Franklin together will keep them up and about.
6. Port Adelaide. List is good, but not quite good enough for top 4. Rely on too few at the moment.
7. GWS. Too much talent to miss this year. Cameron and Patton to dominate.
8. Adelaide. List is building. Lost Danger but gained much needed outside players. Expect to be 6-10 this year and top 6 in 2017.
9. Geelong. Poor depth will hurt them if they get any injuries, which is a given for most clubs.
10. Richmond. Didn't intend to put them here.. but Dusty will miss a large chunk you'd think and they rely on too few.
11. Collingwood. Good list, just very young at this stage.
12. Western Bulldogs. Good young list but have my doubts on them being able to back it up. Defense needs improvement.
13. Gold Coast. Ablett back will help, as will O'meara. Hard to place them but think they're coming from a low base.
14. Essendon. WADA to hit them pretty hard.
15. Melbourne. Still not enough quality around the ground.
16. Brisbane. KPP needs time.
17. St. Kilda. Still many holes in their side.
18. Carlton. Full rebuild mode. List looks better though with Weitering, Cripps, Kreuzer, Gibbs, Curnow, H.McKay, Plowman to take them forward.

1. West Coast.
2. North Melbourne
3. Hawthorn
4. Richmond
5. Fremantle
6. Sydney
7. Adelaide
8. GWS
--------------------------
9. Geelong
10. Port Adelaide
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Collingwood
13. Gold Coast
14. Melbourne
15. St. Kilda
16. Brisbane
17. Essendon
18. Carlton

I feel pretty content now. :thumbsu:

Geelong will drop. Key players retired including an All Australian. Not much talent coming through either.
Only one key player retired and he's been replaced to an extent.

Is this a joke?
Adelaide easily.
Geelong and wce may not play finals

If danger goes down cats are cooked.
3rd man - blicavs is useless now and no cheap ducking renders selwood 25% less a player.

2016 predictions.

I feel pretty content now. :thumbsu:

Only one key player retired and he's been replaced to an extent.
Just an opinion heading into 2017.. lost too much experience over one year.
Seeing these predictions I actually did ok. Geelong probably over performed last year, no one predicted the dogs to do that and north fell off a cliff after dominating early.
Fremantle lost Fyfe and any semblance of a team with it.

Back