Rumour Who's going to the GC?

Remove this Banner Ad

thanks WAG - from that thread:

I heard someone say at the Saints game words to the effect that we are going to miss Douglas. :(

Crows offered to trade Douglas last year, he refused as he wanted to prove himself and play here.

I can't see him going now.

Bock worries me - 5AA reckon they've offered him almost double what we have... and that our contract offer was so low that it was borderline insulting :mad:

Truck I'd hate to lose, because I love him, Thompson I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't blame him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An out of left field guess is that it will be Simon Goodwin - as an assistant coach. He is currently undertaking the AFL coaching accreditation course, he has announced his retirement while still performing at a high level & I have read rumours on BF that David Noble was unsuccessful in obtaining the position. If we are losing a current player, I sincerely hope that this senario comes true.

Crows offered to trade Douglas last year, he refused as he wanted to prove himself and play here.

I can't see him going now.

Bock worries me - 5AA reckon they've offered him almost double what we have... and that our contract offer was so low that it was borderline insulting :mad:

Truck I'd hate to lose, because I love him, Thompson I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't blame him.

Considering the number of games he's played lately and his history of injury woes, that probably doesn't surprise. Why pay a bloke a heap of money if he's going to spend most of his time in the injury room? It wouldn't surprise if we offered a bloke far less than his worth on the field, if we feared for his durability. One of the main reasons blokes like Hart, Bode and Torney, perhaps to a lesser extent, got delisted, was due to our fears about their durability.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't get too hung up in rumours at this stage, there's going to be heaps claiming to be "110% true" before the years out and most will turn out to be complete BS.

If its any of.

Patrick Dangerfield
David Mackay
Richard Douglas

I will be so pissed off. :mad:

Not sure I'd quite have him up there in the company of Dangerfield and Mackay, but if he continues his current form that could very well change. Have been very impressed with him recently, lost a bit of faith there for a while, but I'm starting to find it again in Dougy.

Not sure I'd quite have him up there in the company of Dangerfield and Mackay, but if he continues his current form that could very well change. Have been very impressed with him recently, lost a bit of faith there for a while, but I'm starting to find it again in Dougy.

Douglas has more runs on the board than both of them.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't get too hung up in rumours at this stage, there's going to be heaps claiming to be "110% true" before the years out and most will turn out to be complete BS.

I think it was you that mentioned disharmony in another thread. I take it what you were getting at has nothing to do with a player signing with the GC then?

I agree with you about not taking rumours too seriously at this stage, but it wont surprise me if someone goes. I also wonder if Kurt would have signed if we had a year like this last year :eek: .... afterall the environment and hope of a premiership were big factors in him staying. Im sure its not as fun at the club right now.

Hampson would be my guess.

First name that came to mind after Rave's hint.

Him, or Waite.

Rave, if you're right, there will be egg on a lot of faces, and I'll be shattered :(

James - Bock is arguably still having referred injuries from the stress fracture in his foot; which seems to be another example where our management of a player injury has been woeful. He's got 3-5 years left in him, and he's still one of the premier defenders in the comp; if his issues are from the stress fracture, then durability isn't a massive concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back