Society/Culture Why do many Croatians have racist tendencies?

Remove this Banner Ad

surely this is a compensation/overcompensation thing, wrapping oneself in a flag, and assuming some mythic identity. The most militant in rhetoric zionists are in the Diaspora, not in the West Bank. I see this thru a similar lense.

anyone see this article on a scuffle betwee on a Brazillian tennis player, versus a Colombian female fan (he played a Colombian)
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tenn...ctators-at-australian-open-20100120-mje4.html

here is the highlight
the match between Belgian Christophe Rochus and American Donald Young was stopped for 40 minutes after a ball boy wet his pants on court 10.

"The ball kid peed on himself. It was unfortunate," Young said.

"It took a while to replace him. Then they had to put the sawdust down, or whatever you put down when somebody throws up.

"Then they had to use the blower (to dry the court) but the blower had no gas in it, so that took even more time."

since when was the tennis so jingoistic and nationalist? Before Eastern and Central Europe entered the pro sports sphere (post Navratolova) there were fewer nations represented and less chance. But I cant remember Kooyong ever having much rancour at all.

Do those "Fanatics" have an inkling of their jingoistic mindlessness?

The most militant in rhetoric zionists are in the Diaspora, not in the West Bank. I see this thru a similar lense.

Yeah, things are similar in the 'Irish Diaspora' - I've met a few Irish-descent folk ('Plastic Paddies' as the Irish in Ireland call them) who celebrate all things Ireland to the point of being annoying gobshites.

It's an 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' equation multiplied exponentially.

They are just showing some patriotism for their heritage.
Nothing wrong there.
And they are still nowhere near as bad as the Fanatics

Good and bad in every race. A few ********s from a certain ethnic background rock up to the tennis and other sporting events and make assholes of themselves and we think it's a representation of their kind.

Over the coming weeks there will be limited overs cricket played at the MCG. You can gaurantee that a heap of knobs draped in Australian flags and what not will get pissed up and kicked out of Bay 13 for all sorts of shennanigans. Do they represent what the rest of Australia is all about? On my bad days I think yes, but the reality is they don't.

Sporting events attract all sorts. Unfortunately a high proportion of ********s attend them as well.

was away for new years break and there was some cro`s in the cabins next to us....real nice guys until they got pissed then they got a little violent and got kicked out of the mulwala RSL came in to our cabin with a swastika flag showing us....my gf went off her head at him and he left.....the thought i had was who brings nazi paraphenalia on holidays with them??

I knew a croation girl that wouldn't date croation men, something about tracksuits and feral behaviour. A guy at work was pretty professional though. Don't have an expansive list of cro anecdotes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And only one Croatian I've met has shown these tendencies. I can think of about 20 that I know.

I meant to add this.

I would say, that this is an example of a skewed sample, the only image we see are nationalistic sports mobs, like in the only National Soccer League, and it seems, the tennis might have got a good load of this (generic type) individual, who previously went to NSL games.

Sample is skewed. But thanks for this post Chief, it is ironic, one is (in this thread, one as generic) extrapolates one image and stereotypes. One could conclude that is pretty much the heart of racism also.

They are just showing some patriotism for their heritage.
Nothing wrong there.
And they are still nowhere near as bad as the Fanatics

I agree.

Those bloody fanatics piss me off the way they frighten children, disrupt matches, spit and belt people and generally run around in big groups with no intent except to cause a fight. :rolleyes:

You ****ing idiot. You seriously need to get a doctor to lok at that massive anti-anglo chip on your shoulder. Make sure it isn't an Australian doctor though, he'd probably just abuse you and punch you in the face.

why?

they're bought up to believe they're more supreme than everyone else.

half of those ********s are all ustase lovers. they think its ****ing fun to go around making nazi salutes and screeching "za dom spremi".

they wouldnt have the balls to fight for their "homeland".

they're certainly not ashamed to display who they fought for in ww2.

you thought the german ss were bad...

no im not trying to incite ethnic hatred, its not the fault of the croatian people they had scum bags like franco tudjhman to create racist, supremist ideals aswell as the ustase. croats are nice people, its the right wing extremist political beliefs i dont like.

Did he say anything about you hating all croats? I don't think hating all X ethnicity is required to incite ethnic hatred

so saying that some ustase supporting croat kids are clowns because they think its cool to get all decked out in black and screech "za dom spremi" is inciting ethnic hatred? i can't see how disagreeing with nazism is enciting ethnic hatred.

its really sad to see some croat kids grow up an idolise people such as ante pavelic. At least normal decent croatian people tell the ustase lovers to **** off.

Well, obviously you had at least some concern that your comments could be interpreted as such, otherwise why the need to say: "no, I'm not trying to incite ethnic hatred"

Personally, I don't have an opinion one way or the other, I'm just making observations.

yes my comments could have been taken out of context, especially of topics dabbing in this nature, where you get the odd moron looking ruin a discussion
:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back