Why you joined BigFooty?

Remove this Banner Ad

A mate (who'd lurked here for years) mentioned it to me early in 2003. He was stunned that I wasn't lurking myself, let alone posting, as he thought that I was as obsessed about our club as anyone. I lurked from then on and eventually joined, as alot of us probably do, because I strongly objected to a point of view being posted here, and wanted to post a retort!

Yadda yadda yadda, here we are today...............

It's like a bunch of loner Emo's who always seem to find other Emo's to hang out with..........all dressed in black, looking as dour and downtrodden as each other. We're all different, as individuals, but have one indellible similarity and link...................we love our footy club!

This site is the "water cooler" area for likeminded (even though we have differing opinions) supporters to inform, debate, and chat about issues affecting our club and it's people. LOVE IT!

Great to see so many new posters too. There's little doubt that many seem to have been drawn here as momentum and ire grew last year.

Keep up the good work!

T'toes

I originally joined back in 2000 or 2001 or 2002 or SOMETHING - it was the era of Tashibatts and RikkiChicki - 'cos we'd left Melbourne and gone bush and I was missing the footy gossip. BigFooty has proved a very reliable source! This place had also become a sort of unofficial North site 'cos the club's efforts were so poor.

I only posted once or twice and let it lapse and lurked 'til this time last year when I re-signed as it was becoming clear we were really in strife and I wanted to join in the chorus of those hoping for a Melbourne based future. I've no doubt the efforts of the pro-Arden Street forces were helped in their success by the publicity and feedback they generated here - bravo to you all!

These days I keep a watch to see how people are feeling about the club's direction. I've never been one to bag our players, always been one to bag Richmond, still wishing it was 1993 again while always wavering between confidence and despair for North's long-term future....

I was a regular on the old North forum back in the day but it closed down around 2002 so i checked this place out and noticed that others such as Hearts, Gaso etc... had crossed over so i decided to join as well. I was a bit reluctant in the beginning as when the old forum was still alive posters often referred to this place as the "Dark Side" but with all the old regulars joining up it started to feel like home after a while.

The reason for joining in the first place was to find a group of people passionate about NMFC. Express views with North people who have a genuine love for the club.
A lot has changed since then but it still feels great to know that we all have that one common bond.:thumbsu:

I joined because I was interested in the wide range of perspectives here about Shane Clayton's career.

When he was delisted I stayed around so that early on when the club was in danger of moving and people here were getting suspicious there was someone to keep them motivated by calling them drama queens.

Was researching penile reduction procedures and typed some keys words into yahoo such as big and foot long and signed up thinking I had joined a support group for fellow sufferers.

Was researching penile reduction procedures and typed some keys words into yahoo such as big and foot long and signed up thinking I had joined a support group for fellow sufferers.

Really? I did the same and I found a page for Hot Dog toppings.

The only positive I can take from the Carey-Stevens saga was that it led me to bigfooty. It was a traumatic time and bigfooty was the best therapy, especially since I was living in Darwin at the time. This was back in the halcyon days of the prolific Tashibats, Shinboners, Carlos and crew. Given the events of last year the thing that continues to mystify me is the whereabouts of Tashi....

Where are you Tashibatts?

I joined up a fair while ago to chat with other North people, although I've found myself lurking a lot more than posting. Don't really know many other people who are Roos fans...friends and family around me are primarily Bummers and Pies supporters or don't give a rat's about footy :eek:

kitty :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I joined up after the old board folded though in those days I think I was Boris. Really missed the old board until I found Big Footy.

Whoa, I had no idea what a wordsmith you are, Boris/Horace. Hope this board never folds, because you have very few rhyming options left.

You switched your opening consonant, Rose became Daphne - was it only me who kept the same old name?

Whoa, I had no idea what a wordsmith you are, Boris/Horace. Hope this board never folds, because you have very few rhyming options left.
What about Maurice?

Discovered BF a couple of years ago when reading some North news. Had been living overseas for a number of years until quite recently and didn't see much footy, just followed it on the internet (which is just no comparison to being back now and seeing the real thing).

Lurked a bit, then first post was to vent about a Caro article. Didn't pick it up again until this season, now that I'm back in Melbourne for good.

Found the site during the 'unpleasantness' of last year, signed up, here I am. It's a good thing I signed up two accounts :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back