Will Melbourne regret giving away so many first round picks?

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a quality inside man and we can put him to work doing what he does best, then finally plonk JZ in the forward pocket without losing a beat.

The inclusion of Tyson would bring at least another 30 goals a year for our side.

Pick 22 and it's a win for us.

I reckon North would be better off trading JZ to GC for a couple of their second round picks. Trade 22 for Tyson, go to the draft with the others and draft modern footballers.

The game has gone past JZ unfortunately, always liked him.

I'm not fully convinced by Melbourne's trading but the reality is we've got Hogan, Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw, Lever, Weideman etc. If it all goes wrong the issue isn't lack of first round picks spend on first round talents.

The concern is the depth of the rebuild particularly in outside runners and maybe being short at least one classy small-mid forward.

That said, we've traded out of the 2nd round lately for various reasons - improving top end talent, mature players, doing a 3 for 1 deal for extra players, and now we might end up with 3 picks in the 2nd round this year and that's about the range to take some swings at finding running players.

I dont think so as the second poster said theyve cooked that many early picks its not funny so theyve gone a mix of picking talent and in recent times recruiting it. Levers a good pick up but they are paying through the nose both money wise and picks but theyre taking a risk and going for broke. Personally i think theyll be very competitive next year and who knows if the dogs and tiges can win it perhaps the dees and saints are next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back