Will Shaun Burgoyne complete a rare 'trifecta' on retiring?

Remove this Banner Ad

He's obviously going to have an attachment of some sorts to Carlton - he coached them to three flags!

But his values are Hawthorn. And as for a player from his time at the club going to Carlton, this was Parkin speaking on the HFC website about John Kennedy senior:

"“This club, more than any other club in the competition still holds that [caring] as a high value,” he said.

“We do think of ourselves as a family and we work at it to look after our people.”

Note how he uses the word "We" - case closed.

Words mean little near actions.

I will use the example of Dermie seeing it appears he is your idol.

He is Hawthorn to a T and the family ethos it exudes. My point here is his loyalty to Yabby as his Father figure by how he hates that maggot Sheedy. This after Sheedy dragged Yabby's name through the mud by pointing false dopping claims at him in 84. Even after proven false, Sheedy never felt the need to apologise. Dermie has never forgotten this and still never associated with Sheedy.

Parkin, do not get me wrong, I idolised him on the field. The point is Carlton. They disrespected us in many ways. Yet, he still felt ok to go to them

Hawthorn and AFL HoF obviously.

Port unsure. 150-odd games and a flag.....how does it compare to others in the Port HoF?

Probably hurts him that he left and had a lot of success elsewhere. Not that it should, but it probably does a little. Takes the shine off former players when they win with others.

I would dispute this. More Carlton than Hawthorn to me. I do not know your vintage. To me, a player from Parkin's time at the club would never have gone to Carlton. Just thinking of how shamefully we were treated by Carlton when moving to their dungheap from Glenferrie. Even our players by their feral fans.

Granted an irrational bias, but, no, just no. It is very like the punt Road hatred in the VFL days b/n Richmond/Pies. To me, I only hate Essendon more, but this was after Carlton, and to a lesser degree 'Norf'.

Kevin Heath?

Burgoyne if anything is a Ferrari!!!!

He has the class of a Ferrari but more versatile and hits harder.

What about a gold Roll Royce V12 Wraith? The most powerful Rolls Royce model produced.

photo_4516_golden_rolls_royce_wraith_116660_original.jpg

Heath was transferred after wanting to go after losing his spot

Parking left after captaining and coaching the team to coach
carlton

i would suggest a bit different

To me, it was like Barassi leaving the Dees to go to Carlton

You stated that at Parkin's time at the club, no player would ever have gone to Carlton.
All I have done is pointed out one who did leave Hawthorn, and go to Carlton.

When I think of Shaun Burgoyne and "trifecta" in the same sentence...

2013,2014,2015 springs to mind

Nothing else matters, arguably our best pick up ever...Champion
And just think of Burgoynes contribution in those 3 flags including the finals campaigns. Especially 2013, for without him that Geelong PF win would not have happened.

He is Hawthorn to a T and the family ethos it exudes. My point here is his loyalty to Yabby as his Father figure by how he hates that maggot Sheedy. This after Sheedy dragged Yabby's name through the mud by pointing false dopping claims at him in 84. Even after proven false, Sheedy never felt the need to apologise. Dermie has never forgotten this and still never associated with Sheedy.

Parkin, do not get me wrong, I idolised him on the field. The point is Carlton. They disrespected us in many ways. Yet, he still felt ok to go to them
Well, apart from the 2 years that he worked for him at GWS as an assistant coach, of course.

Hawthorn and AFL HoF obviously.

Port unsure. 150-odd games and a flag.....how does it compare to others in the Port HoF?

Probably hurts him that he left and had a lot of success elsewhere. Not that it should, but it probably does a little. Takes the shine off former players when they win with others.

He will get in port's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By memory, assisting the forwards as an advisor. rather than an assistant coach. A bit of a difference
He was a part time assistant under Sheedy.

You claimed he will not associate with Sheedy, yet he has, and did for 2 years.

Now you say “but he hates him plenty”, when he clearly doesn’t.

You sound like your just making it up as you go along.

OK, you have just been shown the door by your employer, and a competitor offers you terms and a team of players that has just come off a season of underperformance post-flag. Don't give me your moralistic s**t - you'd go there - for the opportunity to prove yourself and fulfil your ambition, as well as earn good money to look after what was then a young family. You're being a knobhead about Parkin - pure and simple.
As for Derm and Sheedy, that is on a scale of disgrace and dog-act lowness that has only ever been replicated by the events of the past few years at that disgrace of a club. Don't ever compare Parkin's situation to that lot.

I would dispute this. More Carlton than Hawthorn to me. I do not know your vintage. To me, a player from Parkin's time at the club would never have gone to Carlton. Just thinking of how shamefully we were treated by Carlton when moving to their dungheap from Glenferrie. Even our players by their feral fans.

Granted an irrational bias, but, no, just no. It is very like the punt Road hatred in the VFL days b/n Richmond/Pies. To me, I only hate Essendon more, but this was after Carlton, and to a lesser degree 'Norf'.
"To me, a player from Parkin's time at the club would never have gone to Carlton."

Kevin Heath.

He was a part time assistant under Sheedy.

You claimed he will not associate with Sheedy, yet he has, and did for 2 years.

Now you say “but he hates him plenty”, when he clearly doesn’t.

You sound like your just making it up as you go along.

Was he "Assistant Coach" or "Assistant to the Coach"?

;)

"To me, a player from Parkin's time at the club would never have gone to Carlton."

Kevin Heath.

I was a big fan of Kevin Heath back in the day, but I got the impression he was a right lazy bastard.

Also, with Knights and Kelvin Moore, I guess he had no position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back