Will the Tim Kelly trade go down as one of the worst ever ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing Yeo, Kelly and Shuey in the same side against the ladder leaders when they are all clearly underdone is either arrogance or an admission their cupboards are bare.

Yeo was fine - he was good in the past two weeks but probably on managed minutes because of his recovery.

It's Kelly and Shuey that would have benefited from at least a week in the WAFL.

It more WCE coaching starting with our incredibly bad preseason.

Last two years have been the worst preseasons in clubs history not fit enough

Warren Kofed to be sacked.

Adam Simpson will come under so much pressure this week.

His coaching is so poor our defence is leaky there no team defence.

And he has only one way to coach kick mark game which has been shown up, no plan b or c

Perth media will want his head this week and as a WCE member would be happy to give it to them.

Simpson is signed on for two more years so if we keep him we need to sack the other 3 assistant coaches

But change is needed in the coaching style

And he has only one way to coach kick mark game which has been shown up, no plan b or c

Perth media will want his head this week and as a WCE member would be happy to give it to them.

Simpson is signed on for two more years so if we keep him we need to sack the other 3 assistant coaches

Is fitness a worry across the entire team?

Is fitness a worry across the entire team?

Their big blokes seem to like their dessert. Nic Nat is fat, The Glove gets puffed and and Kennedy is overweight.

Didn’t realise Kofed was their S&C guy.

To get my strength and conditioning quals years ago I was placed with Kofed for a summer with the Vic Bushrangers.

Seemed to know his stuff, but he was an absolute weirdo with terrible interpersonal and communication skills. Players made mild fun of him at times.

Not a guy I’d want to be stuck in lockdown with 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly looks that way. But I think there is more to it. If fitness is an issue then you would expect the team to fade late in quarters and/or fade late in games.

We don't do that, we turn up with the intensity dialled up to a solid 3/10 from the first bounce.

As has been said many times, it’s between the ears. Leadership over all lines, is lacking.

As we find in life, the “leaders” are never dropped, scapegoats are found elsewhere. Drop the newcomers, senior players cruise along on good money. Cattle prods need to be produced in the change rooms. Unfortunately the throwing of players against the lockers, by coaches, is frowned upon these days !!!.

As for Kelly, he was always going to be the icing on top, but the cake is flopping in the middle. Don’t know if it’s anywhere near the worst trade, just a bad estimation of where the Eagles team strengths were.

As has been said many times, it’s between the ears. Leadership over all lines, is lacking.

As we find in life, the “leaders” are never dropped, scapegoats are found elsewhere. Drop the newcomers, senior players cruise along on good money. Cattle prods need to be produced in the change rooms. Unfortunately the throwing of players against the lockers, by coaches, is frowned upon these days !!!.

As for Kelly, he was always going to be the icing on top, but the cake is flopping in the middle. Don’t know if it’s anywhere near the worst trade, just a bad estimation of where the Eagles team strengths were.

It's not in the conversation of worst trades ever. He's played 30 odd games in a season and a half and will have two top 10 B&F finishes.

Yes it will.

The eagles missed out on drafting some elite young talent with the picks they traded.
Deven Robertson, Jeremy Sharp and Chad Warner are all West Australian’s and could be handy for them right now.
You could run this hypothetical with any trade.

Honestly, trading Tom Hickey for peanuts irritates me more than marginally overpaying for Tim Kelly.

I mostly agree.

In regards to Kelly though, his best games have been when he's the main man.

Coaching and the role he's been given when yeo and shuey are in the side seems to be the main issue. That and the players seem so system driven that they lose all their flair for the game.

I don't blame Kelly one iota, rather it's on the coaches to move the magnets around a bit more and not be so system focused. Just look at Hardwick's presser prior to the start of the 2017 season when he said Richmond would be less system focused and more 'childlike'. Everyone laughed at him and they went on to win 3 of the next 4 flags.

I believe our players are over coached somewhat and it's not working with the rules changes at all.

It is bad trade - but not because Kelly is particularly underperforming or that WCE paid too much. I reckon WCE traded for him thinking he would make the difference between also-rans and premiers, and if the rest of team hadn't of fallen aware, that gamble would have paid off (and in hindsight was never going to) and we would instead be lauding it as a brilliant trade.

It is bad trade - but not because Kelly is particularly underperforming or that WCE paid too much. I reckon WCE traded for him thinking he would make the difference between also-rans and premiers, and if the rest of team hadn't of fallen aware, that gamble would have paid off (and in hindsight was never going to) and we would instead be lauding it as a brilliant trade.
Could of been worse. They could of thought Beams was the icing on the cake..

In hindsight we didn't forsee a global pandemic or the sheer amount of injuries to key players we've suffered over the last season and a half.

In hindsight we didn't forsee a global pandemic or the sheer amount of injuries to key players we've suffered over the last season and a half.

key players who are all at the end of their careers and should have been anticipated.

you paid for a generational talent and got a guy who isn’t even the best player in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back