News Willie Rioli: tampered with drug testing sample; tests positive for cannabis

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m pretty sure the charge hasn’t been publicly released yet?
"It is asserted that Rioli's A sample returned an Adverse Analytical Finding for Urine Substitution being a Prohibited Method following an Out-of-Competition doping control test on 20 August 2019."

His urine
Why though?

He’s not trying to shave a second off his pb for sprinting, or gaining an extra inch for jumping. He’s not competing in the Tour de France or the CrossFit games. He owns his spot in the Eagles side and has no competition in holding it.

The version of events made public are very likely to be true. As I said I feel sorry for people like you actively campaigning for him to be strung up without any evidence

Why though?

He’s not trying to shave a second off his pb for sprinting, or gaining an extra inch for jumping. He’s not competing in the Tour de France or the CrossFit games. He owns his spot in the Eagles side and has no competition in holding it.

The version of events made public are very likely to be true. As I said I feel sorry for people like you actively campaigning for him to be strung up without any evidence
Since when do you need to be doing those things to take enhancers? *. Half the local players around my area have taken gear.

Head down to Spartans. Half the blokes there have tried enhancers.

It’s actually very common these days

Why though?

Did i say he needs to be strung up did i?

He admitted guilt.

As for feeling sorry for me, don't, because i'm not the poor gullible one.

Do you have a source for that?
Rioli has custody of the sample until he chooses to submit it. Rioli can throw it out and apologise for spilling his drink accidently then provide a sample.

Turning in a sample with knowing it's corrupted is solely on one person.

Since when do you need to be doing those things to take enhancers? fu**. Half the local players around my area have taken gear.

Head down to Spartans. Half the blokes there have tried enhancers.

It’s actually very common these days
Pretty sure Rioli wouldn’t be taking enhancers to look pretty in a mirror

Pretty sure Rioli wouldn’t be taking enhancers to look pretty in a mirror
Why are you pretty sure? Maybe he wanted to lose weight? Maybe he’s vain? Maybe someone called him fat and it upset him?

You claiming he definitely took nothing because he’s not competing in the Tour de France is exactly the same as those claiming he did take PEDs.

I’m pretty sure the charge hasn’t been publicly released yet?

The original post I quoted of yours you provided a list of examples of athletes punished for "tampering" and highlighted that it was different to "refusing to submit"

from the official AFL statement in the link:

"THE AFL on Thursday confirmed that a mandatory provisional suspension had been handed to West Coast Eagles player William Rioli following notification to him by ASADA of an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) and a potential violation of the Australian Football Anti-Doping Code (Code).

It is asserted that Rioli's A sample returned an Adverse Analytical Finding for Urine Substitution being a Prohibited Method following an Out-of-Competition doping control test on 20 August 2019."

Again, arent they also two different things?

The original post I quoted of yours you provided a list of examples of athletes punished for "tampering" and highlighted that it was different to "refusing to submit"

from the official AFL statement in the link:

"THE AFL on Thursday confirmed that a mandatory provisional suspension had been handed to West Coast Eagles player William Rioli following notification to him by ASADA of an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) and a potential violation of the Australian Football Anti-Doping Code (Code).

It is asserted that Rioli's A sample returned an Adverse Analytical Finding for Urine Substitution being a Prohibited Method following an Out-of-Competition doping control test on 20 August 2019."

Again, arent they also two different things?
The finding is that a substitution was made

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you pretty sure? Maybe he wanted to lose weight? Maybe he’s vain? Maybe someone called him fat and it upset him?

You claiming he definitely took nothing because he’s not competing in the Tour de France is exactly the same as those claiming he did take PEDs.
No, I’m not claiming anything. I’m just not willing to label him a drug cheat until it’s been proven and I can see how the version of events made public are very plausible

No, I’m not claiming anything. I’m just not willing to label him a drug cheat until it’s been proven and I can see how the version of events made public are very plausible
You listed things he’s not doing as evidence of why he wouldn’t take PEDs. It’s not evidence either way. It’s just a random non point

Apologies for not having read all 2500+ posts, but this rumour that he couldn’t pee for hours on end and that’s why he did it.... is it really plausible that with all the fluids you could possibly want, you still couldn’t come up with 50ml of pee after 3 hours?

Could he really have been that dehydrated?

Apologies for not having read all 2500+ posts, but this rumour that he couldn’t pee for hours on end and that’s why he did it.... is it really plausible that with all the fluids you could possibly want, you still couldn’t come up with 50ml of pee after 3 hours?

Could he really have been that dehydrated?

90ml, but yes, a number of athletes have had similar experiences, for as long as 7hrs.

However, they demonstrated self control and managed to not throw gatorade around the room.

The finding is that a substitution was made

so I'll ask again, is that different from a finding of tampering? They appear in my limited reading to be separate in the WADA Code.

My point being to the poster I was quoting,
a list of previous athletes and their punishments for tampering is as irrelevant as a list of previous athletes and their punishment for refusing to submit, in this case.

No I've got it right, you need a way to vent your frustration at the team you support being perennial losers / tankers (is that cheating!), you thought you had a chance last year in the finals but the Eagles obliterated them and that inhalation went so deep it also ruined your team this year, Now that WC have had something bad happen you see it as a way to jump in boots and all as an outlet for your frustration....:rainbow:
Sick of fans getting so defensive when one or the whole team get caught with their hand in the lolly jar.

It’s not your fault, dont take responsibility for it. It’s the player that cheated.

I get frustrated at fans who try and defend their drug cheating players.
I have no beef with Rioli but he deserves his wack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back