News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

4 is the absolute maximum he could get.

ASADA reserves it's maximum penalty for the most egregious cases.

Will be 18 months -2 years.
The 4 year penalty was also established initially for the Olympic cycle, so an athlete misses a 'cycle', or one 'opportunity' they have to compete. The fact it's never been adjusted for the other sports ASADA/WADA now govern is ridiculous but not much anyone can do about it.

The West Australian website states West Coast finally get official update on Willie’s case.
Anyone have the details??

The West Australian website states West Coast finally get official update on Willie’s case.
Where's the article?

There is nothing on their website under WC section?

If it is the article I think you are referring to - old article (now click bait) indicating Rioli’s case will be heard after season ends.

That’s my recollection of information previously published.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I'll be crossing my fingers and toes for Willy come hearing time. I still suspect it's going to be a bizarro-world explanation of what went on and everyone will be left scratching their heads wondering how the **** a player as important to us as Willy got himself into this situation.

Best result - 18 months
What I'm expecting - 24 months
Disaster of epic proportion - 48 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 years minimum.

They won’t do 18 months (as good as that sounds!)

4 years more likely than 18 months.

Really hope he stays on the list..
if its 4 years i hope he doesn't stay on list ... 4 years without playing and clogging up the reduced list ... no thanks

if its 4 years i hope he doesn't stay on list ... 4 years without playing and clogging up the reduced list ... no thanks
I disagree. I rate him highly enough to carry him on the list for 4 years with no hesitation.
If it was my decision to make, my only concern would be for Willie's personal welfare, and making him feel part of the club and supported enough to stick at it and be ready to return to the game the moment it is allowed.

I disagree. I rate him highly enough to carry him on the list for 4 years with no hesitation.
If it was my decision to make, my only concern would be for Willie's personal welfare, and making him feel part of the club and supported enough to stick at it and be ready to return to the game the moment it is allowed.
There is no way in the world West Coast or any club for that matter will keep someone on the payroll for 4 years.

That's just insane.

There is no way in the world West Coast or any club for that matter will keep someone on the payroll for 4 years.

That's just insane.
McINNES%20Fraser.png

4 years out of the game is massive .. he would take 12 months to get the pace of the game, and he would be about 28.
plus the Eagles is a business and if they do not see the value it will not happen.

I love everyone's optimism but even 2 years would put a fork in him.

He won't play again until 2022 which puts him at 27/28 without having played a game in over 2 years.

I love everyone's optimism but even 2 years would put a fork in him.

He won't play again until 2022 which puts him at 27/28 without having played a game in over 2 years.
I don't know too much about the list size changes and I guess that is the real big factor here, but for me... if he is allowed back in 2022, my preference is to treat him like a player with a year-long injury and keep him on. Any more than that and it's goodnight Irene.

That's just insane.
Agreed, pretty sure he would qualify as a dfa anyway if we took him off the list, so the option would always be there to re-list via ssp etc and avoiding the draft.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So what should the club demand of him?

Should he get routinely tested by the club?

if he is to return to playing for the club, it’s 100% commitment, anytime any player decides he wants to go party, they should put their hand up and say ‘I’m out’

I dunno, just ranting, two crows getting caught, things like that bring up memories of bad times that I don’t want our club to go through again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back