Review Win’s a win: Freo in a grind over the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Two 6 day breaks in a row can do that to a team.

Pearce got towelled up by Tex last time but returned it with interest today. His kicking was better than many of the mids.
His best performance for us.
Exactly! They were clearly tired and slogged it out. Our seniors stepped up! Some supporters will never be happy, which I don’t give a sh*t about - it’s their loss. Can’t wait until they keep begging for barcodes during finals.

If we play like that next week Carlton will stomp us. On a more positive note our defence is a brickwall. Kept them scoreless for 45 mins in the second half. Pearce is in AA form, Clark and Ryan not far behind him. And how good does Draper look!
They get an 8 day break - finally!

Taberner is doing enough to keep himself in the team, say what you will about some of the mistakes that he makes, you can't drop a key forward that's averaging two goals a game (yes he's played two games and kicked two in each, the point stands)
He showed passion today, which is lacking in teams with other decrepit seniors.

Taberner is doing enough to keep himself in the team, say what you will about some of the mistakes that he makes, you can't drop a key forward that's averaging two goals a game (yes he's played two games and kicked two in each, the point stands)
At least made a contest and got the ball to ground as well.

It's 4 points. We controlled a large part of the game. Just didn't convert. I watched out for draper this week. Did some good things. Uses it similar to Michael Johnson

to be off our game going forward and still manage a win, while doubling their score, should be celebrated!! absolutely dominated and i don’t think we’ll be that poor in front of the sticks for a while

serong was held mostly quiet but young stood up. amiss a bit off, tabs took his chances. jackson was nullified and shows why we need darcy.

never seen a bigger turnaround than pearce 2023 to pearce 2024c incredible few weeks from the skipper

off to adelaide to smash the blues

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Adelaide would come out and play out of their skins they didnt.

Thought we dominated. Backline superb. Draper looks superb for a 2nd gamer.

Amiss kicking boots not on.

JOM isn’t a sub.

Tabs doing enough. Banfield some really good moments again.
Imho Amiss is tired and will be great against The Blues

We missed 5 sitters it should have been a 10 goal win but it happens.

We are back and I am convinced of that.

If we scrape a win during our 2 week stay in Adelaide it really does set us up for a tilt at the Top 4 imo.
Yep if we can get a win there, and set up Optus as a fortress we will be right up among the top teams

If we play like that next week Carlton will stomp us. On a more positive note our defence is a brickwall. Kept them scoreless for 45 mins in the second half. Pearce is in AA form, Clark and Ryan not far behind him. And how good does Draper look!
If we convert like that ...

We actually played very well over 2/3 of the ground. The defence was exceptional and the midfield came out on top. And now we get a proper break to freshen up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back